Accessibile bathrooms

swanwed6206

DIS Veteran
I'm a Nurse traveling with a client. We are going to stay at SSR. I know they have rooms to accomodate, but she is quadraplegic and her bathing needs are total dependent, does anyone know if the resort will supply a bath chair or should we try to travel with our own(very large, may be difficult to do). I realize they have benches in the roll in showers but that would not be helpful given her physical demands. Any input would be greatly appreciated
:worship: Also, do they have pool chairs for the walk in pool? sort of like the kind you can rent at the beach?

Take a look at the sticky 'Frequently Asked Questions' thread at the top of the page for information about off-site equipment suppliers.

On one trip I rented a wheeled commode/shower chair from offsite. The same supplier rents bed hoists.

Resorts with level entry walk-in pools (like SSR AKL GF & Polynesian) also have waterproof wheelchairs, though your client might have trouble making the chair to chair transfer. SSR also has powered chair hoists that lower you into the water on the main pool and spa. There are photos on these boards somewhere.

Andrew

What size unit are you staying in?
This thread contains some pictures of the bathroom with a roll in shower in a SSR 1 bedroom unit (the master bedroom of the 2 bedroom unit would be the same). I don't have any pictures of the SSR studio, so I can't tell you what that bathroom is like.
The one bedroom roll in shower has a large flat shower bench. I have some better pictures if you will be in a one bedroom. I would wonder if a large shower chair would fit in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter