Accessible Cabin at Fort Wilderness

WhenYouWishUponAStar

Mouseketeer
I've reserved an accessible cabin (with roll in shower, not Florida accessible) for our family's upcoming trip in December. It's been awhile but our family has stayed in the cabins before, but now an accessible cabin is necessary. I believe that the accessible cabins with roll in are only found in loops 2500 and 2800. Have any of you stayed in an accessible cabin in either of these two loops, and could you possibly recommend a cabin location/number you liked, and the reasons you liked it? Which loop might be quieter? Are both of those loops noisy because of the pool and/or being nearer to the camp entrance? Any and all comments appreciated, thank you!

We have stayed 4 times now, always in cabins in 2500; I honestly don't remember the numbers, but as you entered the loop, they were down the left side, on the left side of the loop. (if that makes sense LOL)

We *loved* our stay there, every time! It's so very quiet and peaceful; we would often see deer and bunnies out the windows in the early morning. I know that 2500 loop looks like it should be noisy on paper, but we never experienced anything louder than the laughter from our neighbors as they were grilling their hot dogs! And speaking of neighbors, everyone at FW is just so friendly! We love to stay there because as we would come back from the bus stop, everyone who was out on their deck would wave, and holler "hi!" - and it's so relaxed that you just get to know people easily and quickly!

Honestly, the only "con" about the Cabins (for me personally) is that you (almost always) have to take at least 2 buses to get anywhere (especially outside of FW)* but it's a small price to pay for the space, the peace and quiet, the friendly neighbors and the sheer beauty of the place.

The Cabins were "refreshed" a couple of years ago, and while you still have a full-size fridge, and dishwasher, there is a smaller cooktop, and the microwave also is a convection stove. We don't typically cook; we mostly use the fridge to store beverages and the microwave for popcorn, and our breakfasts at the Cabins are typically cereal and milk, so the kitchen is probably a bit wasted on us, but we do love the amount of space you get.

I'm sure you will have a great time, no matter which cabin you are in - be sure to take a tour around the campsites to see how everyone has decorated for Christmas! :)

*my personal mobility device will fold to fit on a golf cart, but we prefer to let Disney do the driving, so it's buses for us! (and the occasional boat ride!)

We have stayed many times at FW, as PP says it is wonderful. There are two roll-in cabins in 2500 (2525 and 2524). They are our favourites, but not always available. They are closest to laundry and quiet pool. The loop is small and you are near buses.
Loop 2800 has 11 roll-in shower cabins. Cabins 2868, 2869 and 2870 are near the front of the loop and near the buses. We like the buses and don't mind the noise. We stayed in 2816 the last trip, it backs onto the riding trail. We have also stayed in 2826, it is a long walk from the bus stop (we push a manual WC). Also roll-in showers are located in 2817 to 2825, excluding 2820.
Our next stay is in December, all the cabins are great. We have never had a problem with noise, the cabins are pretty sound proof. Love to tell the time by the faint sound of fireworks, electrical parade and the boats. Fingers crossed for 2500.

Thank you so much, mamabunny and dismom57 for all the great information! Since you've both stayed at FW many times, did you call and/or fax or email to request a certain cabin, or did you just request a certain loop? I realize you can request but nothing is guaranteed, but I am just wondering if you had any luck in asking for a certain location. Also, how far before your arrival did you make your cabin/loop requests? Thanks again, I really appreciate all your comments. Please -- anyone else that can add to this discussion about accessible FW cabins,

Thank you so much, mamabunny and dismom57 for all the great information! Since you've both stayed at FW many times, did you call and/or fax or email to request a certain cabin, or did you just request a certain loop? I realize you can request but nothing is guaranteed, but I am just wondering if you had any luck in asking for a certain location. Also, how far before your arrival did you make your cabin/loop requests? Thanks again, I really appreciate all your comments. Please -- anyone else that can add to this discussion about accessible FW cabins,

LOL we were pretty laid back about it every time - we noted at our online check-in that we wanted 2500 loop, but other than that, I just left it to fate. We did ask at check-in when we arrived at FW if we could have a cabin in 2500, but otherwise, I didn't worry about it, simply because I knew that any of the cabins would be awesome.

I'm pretty sure there is a dedicated FW spot around here at the DISBoards somewhere... Yep, I found it! Go here - don't worry about the "2015", it is current. There may be Resort-specific advise there about how to increase your odds of getting the Cabin you really want.

Thank you again, mamabunny! May I ask if you know how far is it to walk from the 2500 Loop to the Reception Outpost, where you check in, and if I remember correctly, pick up the bus to the parks? I'm using a scooter, but everyone else in our party could walk -- I just thought it might save time and hassle of having to transfer from an internal bus to the "external" bus to the parks. Thinking about possibly renting a golf cart for the group of us (well except for me and my scooter lol).

Thank you again, mamabunny! May I ask if you know how far is it to walk from the 2500 Loop to the Reception Outpost, where you check in, and if I remember correctly, pick up the bus to the parks? I'm using a scooter, but everyone else in our party could walk -- I just thought it might save time and hassle of having to transfer from an internal bus to the "external" bus to the parks. Thinking about possibly renting a golf cart for the group of us (well except for me and my scooter lol).

We never did try the walk - although I can't imagine it's more than 15 minutes at the most, just based on how fast it is on the bus! :)

One thing to remember - although it might be a short walk/ride, that adds "run time" to your scooter's battery. 30 minutes in the grand scheme of things shouldn't be an issue, but if you can "save" that time on your charged battery for other (more fun!) things, you might want to consider waiting for the bus.

We never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus at FW - either an "internal" or "external" bus. We did always add 30 minutes travel time to our plans to account for the internal bus system, just in case. But if that's the worst thing you can say about FW, I say it's still worth it; the tranquility, the sunlight that filters through the trees, the birds singing and the fresh, piney smell of the air...

LOL if you don't rent that Cabin in 2500, I'm about to! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter