Accessible Parking -- TTC??

BethCPTSD

Mouseketeer
Another question from me! I'll be driving to Orlando this time because I'm going on my own and I need my own car with its wheelchair lift in it to make getting around a little easier and spontaneous for me. I have free parking with my AP too, and a disabled placard of course for my car. Where is the accessible parking located if I'm staying a mile from (I think) the Magic Kingdom? I assume I would go to the TTC. I didn't drive last time so I have no clue about the parking lots. Is it reasonably close to the park transportation (monorail, ferry, etc.)

Thanks!
Beth

You are correct. Accessible parking is at the Ticket & Transportation Center.
It is the closest parking to TTC, but still a bit away.

Both monorail and ferry are accessible.
The monorail (yellow circle) is closer, but there are no elevators and there are steep ramps at both the MK and the TTC stations (no elevators). It’s a little farther to get to the ferry (blue circle), but the ferry is a fairly flat roll on and off.

Attachments

• 8D120F28-B0E4-4E61-ABB2-F4751D13B5A9.jpeg
    8D120F28-B0E4-4E61-ABB2-F4751D13B5A9.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1
Another question from me! I'll be driving to Orlando this time because I'm going on my own and I need my own car with its wheelchair lift in it to make getting around a little easier and spontaneous for me. I have free parking with my AP too, and a disabled placard of course for my car. Where is the accessible parking located if I'm staying a mile from (I think) the Magic Kingdom? I assume I would go to the TTC. I didn't drive last time so I have no clue about the parking lots. Is it reasonably close to the park transportation (monorail, ferry, etc.)

Thanks!
Beth
and unless it has changed and I don't think it has it is an uphill climb from handicapped parking area to main TTC area which can be rough rolling your own wheelchair and I agree it is rough getting up the ramps for the monorail

Thanks!
Beth

Are you staying on property, Beth? Just curious - I always let Disney do the driving when we stay on property, especially with all of the construction that seems to be perpetual now...

Edited - Nope, you aren't! LOL I just found your post about the offsite Resort! :)

Last edited:
Thank you guys. Mamabunny that reservation fell through! But I can happily say I have landed on a good deal, and I'm no longer looking for lodging. I'm staying off property at an Airbnb in Winter Park. I know it's a little bit away, but I'll deal with it for the nice price and decent bungalow I'm getting.

Also, thank you guys for the tips about the steep ramps up to the monorail. Fortunately, my chair is power and I did it last year without problem. But thank you very much!

We go often to Magic Kingdom, and always drive...the handicapped parking is the closest, but depending on what time of day you get there it can be a long ways away so try to get over to the monorails and ferry loading area. The sidewalk from the handicapped area goes under a street overpass so a little bit of the way yes you are going downhill, and then uphill as your approach the front of the TTC. It is not very far, but it is definitely an incline. I am on a mobility scooter, so big issue for me. But people pushing manual wheelchairs can be struggling (especially at the end of a park day) If you are on a motorized wheelchair, or you are used to wheeling yourself all the time it won't be too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter