Accidental Solo Trip - Day Trip Ideas?

sage210

Earning My Ears
As they say, the best laid plans of Mickey mouse and man.... 😉
I was planning a trip in January to celebrate my 40th birthday with DD, 14. After scheduling around her semester tests, all known events, and what we had left it came down to Jan 17-25th. (Birthday is on the 18th). Crowd calendars have this listed as one of the biggest weeks beside Christmas due to MLK weekend, but who cares, It's Disney, On my birthday!!!! So I pulled the trigger on renting DVC points and locked it in.
Then my talented, amazing, daughter found out she made it on the Show Choir team! Yay!!! But, geez! That means competition most weekends in January. She has made a very rational decision to stay and compete with her team. I think I've decided to keep the trip and get a sitter for the kiddo. I'm crushed to miss her events, but actually looking forward to a potential solo trip and time away from my stressful job. I might add an invite to a friend or two for part of the time, a little overwhelmed at the moment so still deciding.
Anyway, looking for advice, because the parks are bound to be crowded, I'm wondering about taking a few days out of the bubble and taking some day trips. I know the obvious option of hitting a Universal park but haven't explored much else in Orlando or the surrounding area. Looking for suggestions on what you really enjoy if you had a day or 2. Plans are still being made so probably uber or rental car will be available.

NASA/Cape Canaveral if you've never been there. There are shuttles that you can find that pick up at WDW. A day at the beach, if that's you're thing. Lastly, a day at the spa...it's your birthday!

NASA/Cape Canaveral if you've never been there. There are shuttles that you can find that pick up at WDW. A day at the beach, if that's you're thing. Lastly, a day at the spa...it's your birthday!

Oh I didn't think about the spas....that's a good idea! Do you recommend the ones on property?

The space coast sounds good too! Thanks!

Oh I didn't think about the spas....that's a good idea! Do you recommend the ones on property?

The space coast sounds good too! Thanks!
I personally love the space coast, but that probably goes back to being enamored with it when I was a kid.

I've never gone to a spa on property, as we are in the parks from dawn until closing. However, I've been to the spas on the Disney ships, and they are amazing, so I'd expect the ones on property to be good as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter