Accidentally made dining reservations for 3 instead of 4

mimmiepnp

DIS Veteran
I accidentally made the wrong reservations online for Ohana and hit the wrong number of people dining for our May dining reservations. I called and was told they cannot change it and noting is available until later in the evening. I am not sure why it can't be changed since we would be sitting at a table for 4 if we where 3 people but so be it that what they said. Is there anything else that I can do? Is it even conceivable that we would get seats if we showed up with 4 people instead of 3 or should I just book elsewhere at this point??

Thank you

They cannot change it if there is no availability for a party of 4.

Some restaurants have tables for 3. Ohana is one of them.

If you show up with 4 people, you will be entered as a party of 4. If they cannot accommodate a party of 4, they will tell you so, but for the most part they will try to get you in. Can't be guaranteed though.

Another thing you might be able to do is make a separate reservation for 2 (you probably won't find one for 1) around the same time and ask them to put you together (there's also a possibility that they won't be able to do that).

Sign up for the reservation finder. There's always a chance if you show up with an extra person that person won't get to eat.

Sign up for the reservation finder. There's always a chance if you show up with an extra person that person won't get to eat.
can you please tell me how to do this? i looked on touringplans.com and couldn't find it.

disregard please i figured it out!

Last edited:

They cannot change it if there is no availability for a party of 4.

Strangely, I've run into this issue for both BOG Lunch and 50s Prime Time. I search for 1 person and there are plenty of times. Search for 2 persons and very limited or no options. I have eaten at both and I can't think of they couldn't add one more person at the same table. Only thing I can think is maybe Disney is setting a fixed guest limit for each time slot so the kitchen doesn't have to cook more food.

Ah-hah thanks. I made the only Ohana breakfast reservation I could for 3 people, thinking I could call and ask them to work some magic to add 1 more since we'd most likely be at a 4 top anyway. She didn't mention the 3 tops but did say there are strict fire codes on the number of people, which also made sense. I did sign up for the TP reservation finder and have hope. We just decided to upgrade to the Poly otherwise I would have been all over that 180 mark. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter