Accommodations through Undercover Tourist

Even though it’s still refundable?
Without a doubt! After I make a reservation, I will make payments using GCs that I get from Target at a 5% discount. I am not tieing up my $$ for along time. Plus, it looks like their discounts are better than WDW rack rates but are more than FL resident or AP rates, which we qualify for.

Without a doubt! After I make a reservation, I will make payments using GCs that I get from Target at a 5% discount. I am not tieing up my $$ for along time. Plus, it looks like their discounts are better than WDW rack rates but are more than FL resident or AP rates, which we qualify for.
We aren’t from Florida so we don’t have that option but I agree about the target cards. We just started doing that and it’s so smart.

I will let you know my experience after I return next week. I booked through Undercover Tourist and paid in full several months ago. Then before I booked my air, I realized I need to come back a day early. I couldn't just take one day off my reservation and get a one day refund. I would have to completely cancel and re-book - of course at a much higher rate. So they told me to leave my res as is and to just check out a day early. Then Disney would inform them of my early checkout and I would get the one night refund. I called Disney to make sure this was okay with them - apparently it is and there is no early check out fee. Still feeling a bit nervous about it and since I'm staying deluxe it's a lot of money.

We live in Florida and the FL resident rates were cheaper, so I do not see us using them at all.

Never say never . . .I have an AP and I'm a Florida Resident, and there are times I can get a better deal through a third party than through Disney. Sometimes it's because I can get a value through a third party that may be showing sold out under the discounts on Disney's site, sometimes the room type availability is different so I can get a standard view through a third party when only the premium views are available through Disney, and sometimes the third party sites have extra discount codes that can be applied. I always check both, because just because Disney was cheaper for one trip, doesn't mean it will always be the cheaper option. I figure I book about 2/3 of my stays direct with Disney, and the rest through third party sites. I've never had an issue booking through a third party, and have received my room requests just as often as I do booking through Disney.

Never say never . . .I have an AP and I'm a Florida Resident, and there are times I can get a better deal through a third party than through Disney. Sometimes it's because I can get a value through a third party that may be showing sold out under the discounts on Disney's site, sometimes the room type availability is different so I can get a standard view through a third party when only the premium views are available through Disney, and sometimes the third party sites have extra discount codes that can be applied. I always check both, because just because Disney was cheaper for one trip, doesn't mean it will always be the cheaper option. I figure I book about 2/3 of my stays direct with Disney, and the rest through third party sites. I've never had an issue booking through a third party, and have received my room requests just as often as I do booking through Disney.
We are not talking about all third party, we are just talking about UT! I regularly use a TA and they nor WDW require me to pay 100% up front and like I said before that is a deal breaker. So I am pretty confident that I can say never.

Last edited:
I will let you know my experience after I return next week. I booked through Undercover Tourist and paid in full several months ago. Then before I booked my air, I realized I need to come back a day early. I couldn't just take one day off my reservation and get a one day refund. I would have to completely cancel and re-book - of course at a much higher rate. So they told me to leave my res as is and to just check out a day early. Then Disney would inform them of my early checkout and I would get the one night refund. I called Disney to make sure this was okay with them - apparently it is and there is no early check out fee. Still feeling a bit nervous about it and since I'm staying deluxe it's a lot of money.

I have done just this before (but did not book through UT) for a CL stay @ AK). I had no trouble when I told them I was checking out early and the one night was added back to the GC that I had used.

Undercover Tourist is telling me to wait to tell the front desk until day of checkout. I'd rather resolve this before rather than in the morning before my flight. Apparently this is the process when checking out early? I had called Disney before and they seemed okay with early checkouts.

I just chatted with them on their site. When you book with them, 100% of your trip is due up front, just to let people know. The hotel portion is 100% refundable up to 6 days prior to checkin. But tickets are non-refundable, but may be used on another trip.
thats why i did not book my room true them because i cant afford to pay it all at once

I know a previous post mentioned they reimbursed them the last night, but this is not a guarantee. I have read a couple of posts that mentioned where they went to the lobby and checked out a day early but was told that the last night is still billable. Like most things at WDW, no consistencies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts