Accountability-I Need It!

Sorry about not posting, I hit a bump in the road and, when it comes to gettin' healthy I am easily discouraged.

Tuesday July 26, 2016

Breakfast
(No pix, sorry!)

Leftover low fat blueberry bread pudding
1/2 medium apple
Iced coffee

Lunch

Two fajitas made with:
-leftover grilled chicken breast
-green pepper (1/4)
-onion
-1/2 avocado mixed with chopped onion, jalapeño and tomato with squeeze of lime
Grapes

I also made a quick grocery run. We're pretty well stocked but I wanted to participate since we opted out of the restaurant event because of our diet situation. (25% of the profits of participating restaurants on 7/25 went to help the victims of the shooting.) I really miss eating out.

Haul

The bacon and romaine are for Scott. Caesar salad is pretty much the only "vegetable" he eats these days. The wine and top shelf ginger ale are, alas, for me.

Exercise

So, this is pretty much where things went south. I think The Beast must have gotten wind of Monday's anti exercise rant because on Tuesday it tried to kill me. I was just doing my thing, staring at the countdown on the little screen and sweating miserably when, wham! Just out of the blue, for no reason whatsoever, I somehow got tangled up in the pedals and hit the floor wrenching my knee on the way down. I was very disappointed in myself. Like I mentioned before I am very clumsy with many slips, stumbles, tumbles and trips under my belt. I am usually much better at falling with style and grace. (True story-I once took a spectacular, Three Stooges worthy spill in the Tune In Lounge, the kind of fall where you get air and a bit bit of hang time. It was excruciatingly embarrassing but here's the thing, I had a drink in my hand and didn't spill a single drop of my Dad's Electric Lemonade.) The knee is much better today (Thursday) but for a while there I was worried that I'd done something serious.

Anywho, for a couple of days I pretty much sat around pouting and trying to convince myself that this had to be a sign. Jesus does not want me to exercise.

Dinner

I skipped dinner, opting instead for 2 glasses of cheap wine and The Bachelorette on TV. Don't be jealous, not everyone can be this suave, sophisticated and intellectual. It takes years, if not decades, to cultivate a palate like mine :rolleyes:

Wednesday July 27, 2016

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner

A lot of snacking on a A mish-mash of leftovers and snacky stuff. I definitely remember bread pudding, hummus/pretzels, a banana and a whole lot of Advil. There was other stuff, all undocumented and forgettable. I pretty much just ate whatever was easy when I needed to take more Advil. Mostly I moped around the house and spent a lot of quality time with my good friends Mr Lazyboy and his pal Ms Netflix.

My knee wasn't really that bad. A lot of sulking and feeling sorry for myself was involved. Scott is the kind of person who can break two ribs, wrap them up and head off for a day of loading hay bales onto a trailer, in July, in South Louisiana. He was not impressed with his wife's stoicism.

Breakfast

Peanut butter toast (2 pieces with 2 T peanut butter
1/2 apple
Advil
(still "suffering" and considering throwing in the towel so no pix)

Lunch

I was starving so I used the last of the leftover chicken and the tasso I bought on Tuesday to make Chicken and Tasso Brown Rice Jambalaya. I trimmed the tasso carefully and used 1 T olive oil (in place of bacon fat!) to brown the meats and sauté the vegetables. After all of that snacking this was very, very good!

Dinner

Low fat blueberry and blackberry pancakes
Glass of wine (or two)

Don't judge, I was still feeling very sorry for myself and craving pancakes. This was made with a low fat mix I had on hand. I've never used it for pancakes before and didn't realize how little they would brown. I actually burned the blueberries in the first pancake and it never got any darker than these.

Last edited:
Thursday July 28, 2016 (The real one!)

Breakfast

Smoothie made with:
-1/2 c yogurt
-1 banana
-1 c frozen strawberries
-handful mixed dark leafy greens

Lunch

Leftover chicken and Tasso jambalaya
Salad of mixed greens and 1/3 heirloom tomato with basalmic drizzle

Dinner

Big bowl of low fat chili opted with red onion
1 whole wheat pita
Glass of wine

Snack

Leftover blueberry bread pudding

Exercise

None, although tons better, my knee is still achy.

Feels like I didn't quite eat as much as usual yesterday. I do better when I'm busy and spent most of the day hoeing out our sty of a house. It was really showing the effects of 4 days of neglect. It was dinner time before I knew it. Maybe Thursday will make up for Wednesday's day of gluttony and sloth :rolleyes1

Last edited:
Friday July29, 2016

So we got a care package full of some of our favorite indulgences from friends in the UK yesterday. Right now it's sitting in the office/exercise room. I expect that we'll give in to temptation, probably sooner rather than later!

Breakfast

Leftover low fat blackberry pancake with 1 t maple syrup
1/2 apple
Tea

Gave the low fat pancakes another try-not a hit. They got very crumbly after a night in the fridge. I couldn't manage to keep the blackberry one in one piece for the photo. All in all I have to say I'm not a fan of low fat baking mix. I took it from my parent's freezer after my mother passed away. (My father doesn't cook anything, ever. He didn't even fix his own plate while Mom was alive.) The pancakes are heavy and far too sweet.

Snack

Grapes

I probably won't buy grapes again unless I have someone else to share them with. I'm not comfortable eating conventional grapes on a regular basis and the organic grapes are crazy expensive and come prepackaged in amounts too large for me. I'll probably end up tossing $3 worth of grapes.

Lunch

BBQ chicken pizza made with:
-1 whole wheat pita
-1 grilled chicken tenderloin strip
-1/4 c Carolina-style BBQ sauce
-2 large slices heirloom tomato
-chopped green pepper and purple onion
-small handful mixed dark leafy greens

I enjoyed the a LOT. Pita pizzas were a staple snack when our kids were growing up. I was sure they would be terrible without a generous amount of mozzarella but I was wrong. I'm truly gobsmacked at how easy cutting drastically back on cheese has been. I ate it at nearly every meal before the diet changes began.

Snack

Fresh local peach
Bottle of ginger ale

A friend of mine is without a car at the moment so I'm driving her little granddaughter to all of her many activities. One is near a grocery that had a great special on steaks. I stopped by on Friday to pick up meat for my caveman and they had local peaches :). It was lovely!

Dinner

Leftover jambalaya
Summer squash sautéed with garlic, onion, green pepper and tomatoes
Beer!

In my defense Scott brought a six pack home as a surprise for me. It would have been rude not to have one:rolleyes1

Exercise

Still using the knee as an excuse. I'll probably try again on Monday.

Now let's see how the weekend goes!

Last edited:
What's up? I had a two week hiatus due to life and decided to check in on the boards... You must have had the same thing happen.

What's up? I had a two week hiatus due to life and decided to check in on the boards... You must have had the same thing happen.

Oh, life just decided to hit me square in the face, hit me really hard. I lost track while we were settling my poor Dad into assisted living and beginning the sad job of clearing out 40 years of his and my Mom's life in his home. I was feeling super sorry for myself until our business got inundated by 10 feet of water in the Louisiana flooding.

It's been a HUGE financial setback for us. No more steaks or $20/lb bacon for DH and no more organic berries or heirloom tomatoes for me for quite a while. We're gonna be on the tightwad diet for the next few months!

Hope we all get back on track soon.

Wow, that's a lot going on. Sending prayers your way... Wish I had more concrete help for you (or maybe coupons for organic produce lol).

Will keep an eye out for the food photos when you get back to it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!