Activities while standing in line...

Tbiafore

Mouseketeer
I have 5 kids that will be going of various ages from 4 to 11 years old and with some of the wait times increasing, its fair to say that we will be having to keep the kids a little busy while in line. Some rides have interesting things to look at or even do while in line, but with my bunch, that wont keep their attention too long if the wait is significant.

What sort of ideas or things do you bring or do to keep your kids busy while waiting in line? Looking for ideas and inspiration if you care to share.

Well I take thousands of pictures so when my god daughter was 5 (last trip) I bought her a camera and let her go to town. Turns out she has a pretty good eye with a camera.

• I will second the camera.
  • Grab the Hidden Mickey book and train everyone to be on the lookout for more! My now 16yo discovered one at POR's food court when she was 6.5yo that we submitted to the website and it was a "newly found" HM! She was thrilled! :-)
  • Small Snacks
  • When the kids were younger I grabbed a hidden picture seek & find book (like Where's Waldo, etc) and ripped out the pages. I stashed a couple pages in my bag each day in case they needed something else to do while waiting in line.
  • Miniature bottles of bubbles (like ones available for party favors). You can even share them w/ other kids in line.
  • While waiting for evening parades/fireworks I would have the kids give out glow bracelets/necklaces to other kids in the area. I stocked up on them from FiveBelow, Dollar Store, or Target. Don't pack them in your carry on though (or the bubbles) if you are flying!

Go to Goodwill and let each kid pick out a couple of cheap, used books to take with them. Books are QUIET, don't require batteries and your older kids can read aloud to the younger ones.

Please, please, please no bubbles in line. The are so annoying in a closed space. The get on expensive camera lens and pop on clothes and skin just a few things they can do. An open area is different than a closed line when cast members blow them.

I always carried silly putty. The eggs only come with a tiny bit in each...ahead of time I opened and combined two colors in each egg.

Well I take thousands of pictures so when my god daughter was 5 (last trip) I bought her a camera and let her go to town. Turns out she has a pretty good eye with a camera.
This is an excellent idea. My guy recently re-discovered his V-tech children's camera. & takes pictures non-stop. I'm constantly looking through them to delete the blurry ones so he can take more. What brand did you're granddaughter use & is it fairly durable?

This is an excellent idea. My guy recently re-discovered his V-tech children's camera. & takes pictures non-stop. I'm constantly looking through them to delete the blurry ones so he can take more. What brand did you're granddaughter use & is it fairly durable?
I spent about $150 on a little Sony point and shoot and just made her wear the strap around her wrist. But she really took care of that camera.

Hidden Mickeys, I Spy, Disposable Camera...but the biggest winner is always Snacks :)

I try to balance waiting and FP but it if the waiting gets to be too much... I have a big bag of little dum dums suckers... keeps them at bay.. and happy but not a sugar overload.

As are the spray fans. I really dislike being beside a child/adult with these spray fans who end up spraying me as well (accidental and on purpose). Adults it may be accidental to spray someone in line behind you. Kids often start spray wars spraying each other and others in line fall victim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter