Activities while standing in line...

As are the spray fans. I really dislike being beside a child/adult with these spray fans who end up spraying me as well (accidental and on purpose). Adults it may be accidental to spray someone in line behind you. Kids often start spray wars spraying each other and others in line fall victim.

I was hit with sunscreen in line once. Someone decided standing in line was the perfect time to refresh their spray sunscreen. Hit me on the arm, but him my son in the eye.

Just don't spray anything in line.

I was hit with sunscreen in line once. Someone decided standing in line was the perfect time to refresh their spray sunscreen. Hit me on the arm, but him my son in the eye.

Just don't spray anything in line.

Ugh, that is so much worse than the water spray fans too. Bug spray would be the other one that is worse than water.

Our first trip I worried a lot about this and planned for it. I had a bag with books, little hand toys, etc... I took it with us the first day and left it in the room for the rest of our trip. We've discovered a trick that has worked well for us over the last twenty some years. Our girls take turns while waiting in line talking about something we just did, something they saw, or something they are looking forward to doing. The next line another person takes a turn. Our kids learn about the rides before we leave and love to share what they know about the ride we are waiting on. Your kids may surprise you and not need anything while waiting!!! I will stay a camera is a great idea for the trip.

I don’t have any advice, but when we took our 5, ages 4 - 11 at the time, they were absolutely fine in line, just chatted amongst themselved. We didn’t have a single argument or meltdown during the whole trip!

I don’t have any advice, but when we took our 5, ages 4 - 11 at the time, they were absolutely fine in line, just chatted amongst themselved. We didn’t have a single argument or meltdown during the whole trip!
That's our experience, too.

While we only have 2 kids, we've done a whole week of Disney at ages 3 & 5 and 5 & 7. We didn't bring a single thing into the parks to entertain them, other than a stuffed animal that my youngest always has with her. And maybe the occasional souvenir (like a sword from CRT). There's so much to look at in the queues and we chatted together and picked them up for an occasional snuggle and sometimes ate a snack, etc. But, we also arranged our trip so we didn't have wait times longer than 20-30 minutes. If you'll be touring in a way where you have lots of long lines, then I suppose you might take a few things along. :)

Mad Libs can be fun. There's a Disney one that we picked up from Amazon.

Another idea is a sticker puzzle. We put a few in the kids' stockings and Easter baskets that we plan to bring with us.

We play a little bit of Disney charades and talk about what we have done and what we are doing next. I show DD my pictures on the camera, next trip she will probably have her own... of course next trip, we will be planning our FP+ much better so we might be looking for our next FP+ in line :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter