Actual Christmas Parade Taping Day Question

Walt(the man)Lover

Earning My Ears

I think I may be the only one in my family of four (me, DH, DD5, DS3) that is super excited about our upcoming trip (Dec. 1-8 at the Poly). I was up at 4:45am on Sept. 2nd to obtain my first choice ADRs and have all park schedules, and ADR confirmation numbers plugged into my iPhone. Even downloaded the WDW wait time app. So....here is my issue:
We have CRT ADR at 9:05 Saturday Dec. 5, the EXACT same day the taping of the Christmas day parade is occuring. :rotfl2:
I have had dreams of entering the park before everyone else and having a picture taken of my family in front of the Walt and Mickey statue with Cindy's castle in the back, sans other people. Now, I am afraid that main street is going to be lined up and packed way before the "rope drop".
Question is - in years past, does anyone know what time people who are participaing in the crowd portion of the parade start lining up? Is there any hope for a random person free picture? I know it really doesn't matter in the long run, and that if this is the biggest disappointment, then I am set. Just want to prepare myself. Thanks for any help you can give.

I'm also wondering about this. I have a 8:25 am ADR at CP on the 5th. I could have cried when I realized it was Christmas parade taping day. I was so hoping to be in the park before the crowds hit main street. I fear we'll be among the 'Parade mess' on the 5th. Maybe someone who has been will have better news for us though.

I am in the same boat. I think the crowds will be pretty bad, but on a good note, I did write to them about if we could get in to see parts of the shows and got this back:
This year's “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” filming dates will be December 3rd, December 4th and December 5th.

Due to the ever-changing television production needs, we have not made a decision regarding this year's audience selection process. At this time we will hold on to your e-mail and we will contact you, if audience sign-ups will occur.

As always Guests visiting the Magic Kingdom with valid park admission will have an opportunity to view the taping. During Production we will invite any of our Guests visiting the Magic Kingdom that day to be a part of the audience.

Due to production needs and talent availability dates may change.

Thank You For Your Interest!

WDW Christmas Production

Here's what my TA suggested to me...
1st was to avoid the MK during taping hours which should only be on Saturday. As per previous years, Friday would be tapings of performances at the Castle forefront and now that a third day has been added, it will most likely be for short segments in the other parks.
She assured me that they come in, do their thing, and are gone very quickly. Apparently one parade is taped and then Regis and Kelly's commentary is added afterwards...they're not actually sitting there watching the parade.

I've also read that with the exception of main street, the MK is otherwise empty and a great time to get on rides. I know that doesn't help with the photo ops you were hoping for but on the bright side, perhaps you can get on some rides with no wait after breakfast!

12/5 is our last morning at wdw. I have an adr at CRT at 10am which I will be canceling. We've only got a couple hours that last morning and I don't want to spend it fighting crowds. So we will be spending our last morning at DTD or Epcot instead :(

How early is the general public allowed into the park? We have ADRs at CP for 8:10 that morning. I also wanted to get pictures of us in front of the castle on our last day :(

Also- how early are people with ADRs allowed into the park?

Grace

12/5 is our last morning at wdw. I have an adr at CRT at 10am which I will be canceling. We've only got a couple hours that last morning and I don't want to spend it fighting crowds. So we will be spending our last morning at DTD or Epcot instead :(

Please don't cancel such coveted ADR unless ABSOLUTELY necessary 9although I am sure those without the CRT ADR are really hoping you do!princess:). I have read from previous years' parade tapings that Disney opens a side alley to allow guests to bypass Main Street crowds. I, too, wonder what time the general parade taping participants are allowed in the park. To my understanding, MK opens at 9:00 on DEC.5 and those of us with earlier ADR should arrive at the park the recommended 20-30 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter