ad killing usability

It seems that lately the DIS is working much better - and I am not using AdBlocker.

Thanks Team DIS!!

The point is that this just started showing up sometime last week. Used to be you only got ads in the middle when not logged in.
Yep, and if the DIS needs the Ad Revenue, I'm ok with these ad's vs. the usability killing video ads that were here a while back.

Yep, and if the DIS needs the Ad Revenue, I'm ok with these ad's vs. the usability killing video ads that were here a while back.
Yeah, I'll take the ads in the middle vs having to relaunch or refresh.
Still have to refresh every now and then, but it's not as bad.

DH and I too have Safari on our MacBooks and just in the last month DISboards has gone crazy with the delayed opening. We get the wait uploading symbol repeatedly. We refresh and can sometimes get it. Other times we have get all the way out. Can't you guy do something?

DH and I too have Safari on our MacBooks and just in the last month DISboards has gone crazy with the delayed opening. We get the wait uploading symbol repeatedly. We refresh and can sometimes get it. Other times we have get all the way out. Can't you guy do something?
I REALLY recommend the below. Working BEAUTIFULLY for me on Safari...

I had just had it! Yesterday I finally installed a FREE ad blocker for Safari, uBlock Origin, which I read about here: http://www.cio.com/article/3154189/consumer-electronics/macos-the-best-ad-blocker-for-safari.html

So far it's working BEAUTIFULLY!! :)

I just installed AdBlocker Plus for Chrome, and it fixed the issue.

Make it stop!!! Crazy noise every single page! All 3 ads at the bottom playing at once! I love this site, but dang, the ads are getting too annoying. It's only been today and yesterday I've had this problem.
See above posts re ad blockers. They really work!!

I've got 3 on my computer and have the annoying, constantly running videos on all three at different times. :furious: :tink:
That stinks!! I researched ad blockers a bit before picking one, as some people said that certain things still got through some of them. I settled on one that seemed to cover just about everything.

All I can say for sure is that this free one is working perfectly for me on SAFARI: uBlock Origin, which I read about here: http://www.cio.com/article/3154189/consumer-electronics/macos-the-best-ad-blocker-for-safari.html

That stinks!! I researched ad blockers a bit before picking one, as some people said that certain things still got through some of them. I settled on one that seemed to cover just about everything.

All I can say for sure is that this free one is working perfectly for me on SAFARI: uBlock Origin, which I read about here: http://www.cio.com/article/3154189/consumer-electronics/macos-the-best-ad-blocker-for-safari.html

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out; unable to right now via Disboards...LITTLE WHEEL JUST KEEPS SPINNING accessing all the video running crap at the bottom of the page. :furious: Last year, DH finally bought me a new computer because of this same problem. Disboards worked GREAT up until about a month ago. I'm not computer literate but have asked him about it. After the 3rd conversation :rolleyes1, he double checked and I DO have AdBlocker on this computer...as well as the other 3 computers in our household. There are NO problems with those 3 (they do not access Disboards) and I have no problem with ANY other website...Facebook included...ONLY on Disboards. I'll research the SAFARI: uBlock Origin on one of the other computers. It's gotten so bad, I have to often pause with my typing to let the board catch up. I'll be typing 2/3 lines and notice the script is stuck with the wheel turning. Last night my page kept skipping to the "bottom"; I'd move my cursor back up only to have the page skip to the bottom again. I finally gave up and left Disboards for the evening. :headache: Other friends of mine here on the Dis are also having the problem. It would be nice if moderator's would offer some explanation or solutions. I don't mind the "picture ads" at all as I fully understand the need for revenue and don't mind the video ads THAT ALLOW ME TO CLICK ON TO VIEW :rolleyes: but am having a VERY difficult time "keeping my cool" with these constantly running/disruptive videos that I now wouldn't purchase if my live depended on it. I do NOT like things being forced on me to view or tolerate. :tink:

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out; unable to right now via Disboards...LITTLE WHEEL JUST KEEPS SPINNING accessing all the video running crap at the bottom of the page. :furious: Last year, DH finally bought me a new computer because of this same problem. Disboards worked GREAT up until about a month ago. I'm not computer literate but have asked him about it. After the 3rd conversation :rolleyes1, he double checked and I DO have AdBlocker on this computer...as well as the other 3 computers in our household. There are NO problems with those 3 (they do not access Disboards) and I have no problem with ANY other website...Facebook included...ONLY on Disboards. I'll research the SAFARI: uBlock Origin on one of the other computers. It's gotten so bad, I have to often pause with my typing to let the board catch up. I'll be typing 2/3 lines and notice the script is stuck with the wheel turning. Last night my page kept skipping to the "bottom"; I'd move my cursor back up only to have the page skip to the bottom again. I finally gave up and left Disboards for the evening. :headache: Other friends of mine here on the Dis are also having the problem. It would be nice if moderator's would offer some explanation or solutions. I don't mind the "picture ads" at all as I fully understand the need for revenue and don't mind the video ads THAT ALLOW ME TO CLICK ON TO VIEW :rolleyes: but am having a VERY difficult time "keeping my cool" with these constantly running/disruptive videos that I now wouldn't purchase if my live depended on it. I do NOT like things being forced on me to view or tolerate. :tink:
What you describe is what was happening for me as well before uBlock Origin. Hopefully you find it could work for you, too!!

Yay! It's back!
After being able to use the DIS without issue for a while.... that stupid ad is back.
So now, the DIS is so much worse than it was even before the last round of crappy useability!

Almost completely unusable. Horrible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!