ad killing usability

As I mentioned previously, install the Ghostery extension into chrome. You will never have to worry about such things again.

As I mentioned previously, install the Ghostery extension into chrome. You will never have to worry about such things again.
If only it were that simple. Can't install anything on the work computers. Also if I'm using my iPod or iPad at home, that's not an option.

And... why should anyone have to install anything so that a web site, supposedly for sharing information and stories etc, can even work?

No <crash, reload> ki <pause> kid <pause> kidd <pause> kidd <crash, reload> No ki <pause> No kiddi <freeze... wait 20 seconds> No kidding. <posts quickly before it crashes again>

Here we go again... I've been using uBlock Origin for a while now and it was doing really well. Now I am back to having these (*^@($^*^#R*&^% videos just starting to play as I browse DIS.

Would appreciate webmasters curbing this and responding here.

Here we go again... I've been using uBlock Origin for a while now and it was doing really well. Now I am back to having these (*^@($^*^#R*&^% videos just starting to play as I browse DIS.

Would appreciate webmasters curbing this and responding here.
When this problem first cropped up, I installed AdBlockerPlus. No problems since then.

When this problem first cropped up, I installed AdBlockerPlus. No problems since then.

Interestingly, I started feeling guilty about blocking ads, because I'm stealing revenue from sites I use. So I uninstalled adblocker. But I still wasn't seeing ads on DISBoards. It appears Blur also prevents ads, but apparently only on DISBoards. I think it has to do with blocking tracking cookies.

Interestingly, I started feeling guilty about blocking ads, because I'm stealing revenue from sites I use. So I uninstalled adblocker. But I still wasn't seeing ads on DISBoards. It appears Blur also prevents ads, but apparently only on DISBoards. I think it has to do with blocking tracking cookies.
Guilty? Not me!! :D

So many of them create ads that are SO DISRUPTIVE -- that's on them, in my book. You're a nicer person than I! :)

Interestingly, I started feeling guilty about blocking ads, because I'm stealing revenue from sites I use
I don't really have an issue with static low rez images. The issue is high bandwidth animations/video that slow the site/page down. Some of the click bait is causing browsers to crash. At least they aren't replacing pixie dust with passion dust yet.

Guilty? Not me!! :D

So many of them create ads that are SO DISRUPTIVE -- that's on them, in my book. You're a nicer person than I! :)

I don't really have an issue with static low rez images. The issue is high bandwidth animations/video that slow the site/page down. Some of the click bait is causing browsers to crash. At least they aren't replacing pixie dust with passion dust yet.

I should point out once I figured out it was Blur that was making the ads not show up, I disabled Blur on the forum. DISBoards then became completely unusable so I turned it back on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!