ADA Coordinator at DCA

maters_horn

Earning My Ears
Long time reader and podcast listener, first time poster.

My wife and I had an issue just today regarding the WoC viewing at DCA. Long story short, despite having a dining package viewing area, there wasn’t a clear set of directions for people with mobility disabilities. We were given bad information from multiple cast members on where to view, but still had issues viewing the show. We even had a conversation with a manager and he couldn’t resolve the issue. Oddly enough this is never an issue with Disneyland Fantasmic.

Does DCA or Disney Parks have an ADA Director or Coordinator? I’d like to elevate this issue but have no clue where to start.

Long time reader and podcast listener, first time poster.

My wife and I had an issue just today regarding the WoC viewing at DCA. Long story short, despite having a dining package viewing area, there wasn’t a clear set of directions for people with mobility disabilities. We were given bad information from multiple cast members on where to view, but still had issues viewing the show. We even had a conversation with a manager and he couldn’t resolve the issue. Oddly enough this is never an issue with Disneyland Fantasmic.

Does DCA or Disney Parks have an ADA Director or Coordinator? I’d like to elevate this issue but have no clue where to start.

Sorry can’t help with the actual question just wanted to say sorry hear it happened and interested about the problem. When I did a show in May with regular viewing they took a look at my ticket and then directed me to where I was supposed to go for disabled viewing. From what I could gather yellow and blue have their own separate ADA sections so you would think the food viewing areas would be the same and not be a hassle to direct you to.

Wonder if it’s time of year. I think CP for fall has either started or starting up soon and it feels like when you get new CMs they have a lot less handle on what they’re supposed to do. This time of year is when I’ve had issues renewing my DAS before I got better at phrasing my needs.

Though I’ll admit that doesn’t explain the manager not knowing what to do....

Sorry it happened and hope someone else maybe can help better.

I don't know if DCA has a specific ADA Director, but I would send in a comment to Patrick Finnegan, VP DCA, and cc to Josh D’Amaro, President of DLR. Or you can leave a detailed comment on the DLR website (use the contact us link at the bottom of the page) with all your contact information. Someone should get back to you to discuss the issue further. I've done this before with various problems and had good results with the Guest Experience team.
WOC is well known for having high turnover with CMs, so it is common to "ask 10 CMs, get 10 different answers" with any question. We make sure to direct any question to a lead or supervisor of some kind (look for a clipboard and/or an earpiece) to increase our odds of getting accurate information. (F! CMs are a different story -- that show has its problems, but usually there isn't as much confusion over viewing areas.) As far as I know, the HC seating area is the area with 2 or 3 rows of benches next to the CCR Dining Package reserved area and yellow FP area -- and this area has a very good view of the show. That is the only HC viewing area that I've ever seen used. If you had Dining Package FPs, you should have been directed there.

Last edited:
When you contact Disney, you might want to be a bit clearer than you are here about "issues viewing the show". Not asking you to go into detail here, just stating that if the issue was how to get to your seat, and multiple CMs told you to go different ways, then signage would be the problem, etc. I've found that getting the best response comes from having the most clear, concise description of the problem, and adding a solution in there as well.

Thank you StarGirl11, theluckyrabbit, and DisneyOma very much for your responses and suggestions. I’ll follow up with the DLR team when I get back.

I look forward to interacting with you all more on this community.

... I’ll follow up with the DLR team when I get back...
Agree with the pp. Unless you are no longer in the parks, don't wait to contact someone. If you are still at DLR, go to Chamber of Commerce in DCA to put in your comment. Be calm and detailed about what happened, include date, time, location, etc. Be very clear about what the actual problem was and what you think could have been done. If Disney is going to try to make things right, they can try while you are still in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter