Adagio Apartments / Val d'Europe review

Thanks for sharing and glad someone else enjoyed it there too :goodvibes

fab price for all of you :thumbsup2

We're just back from the Adagio and it was fine. I think the actual cost via 'French Life' was about £800 for 5 nights for family of four whihc I think is a bit overpriced, however thanks to the wonderful folk on here we realised we could use our mountain of Tesco vouchers to pay for it so it cost us nothing!! Staff were lovely, shuttles fine, apartment nice and clean. Could have done with a bit of tlc, shower didnt work very well (but we just had quick baths!), and one of the light fittings had some loose wires but we didnt use it. Should have mentioned these things at reception but we didnt have time! Would defintely stay again at a good price (or with more tesco vouchers!)

We're just back from the Adagio and it was fine. I think the actual cost via 'French Life' was about £800 for 5 nights for family of four whihc I think is a bit overpriced, however thanks to the wonderful folk on here we realised we could use our mountain of Tesco vouchers to pay for it so it cost us nothing!! Staff were lovely, shuttles fine, apartment nice and clean. Could have done with a bit of tlc, shower didnt work very well (but we just had quick baths!), and one of the light fittings had some loose wires but we didnt use it. Should have mentioned these things at reception but we didnt have time! Would defintely stay again at a good price (or with more tesco vouchers!)

Glad you enjoyed
and booked with deals too :)

x

just back from another fab stay @ the Adagio :) ( booked with expedia using a 10% off code )

its ideal for us as we would need 2 rooms @ a hotel otherwise
( don't fancy sleeping all of us in the same room,kids aged 15 and 9 !) which is tres expensive as my eldest is charged as an adult!

so the kids had the double bedroom, and hubby and I slept on the sofa beds,which we fine :)

we paid the 10E per night underground secure parking this time,as it was raining and dark when we arrived

and rather than mess around trying to find nearby on street parking (was full when we arrived so would mean driving round)

they now do a little kitchen pack of 3 dishwasher tablets,washing up liquid and a tea towel and washing up cloth

also 3 loo rolls lol ,tissues and handwash in bathroom and plenty of towels. Good shower

we love being close to the shops and restaurants,and it's only 1.9 miles from Disney :)

We stayed here for 4 nights in the first week of the easter holidays.
I paid £275 approx for a 2 bedroom apartment ( I had booked a 1 bedroom,but was upgraded without asking)

Bedrooms
My 2 girls were pleased with their cabin bunk room, as it meant they would get some privacy in the evening and could get to sleep without the TV disturbing them. The room was tiny but fine for the 2 kids. There was plenty of room in the wardrobe/ shlf cupboard and large storage 'bins' under the bunks.

My mother slept in the double room, pronouncing the large bed 'comfy' despite her bionic hip. Therre was again LOTS of storage space in the room itself.

I slept on the sofa bed in the main room lounge/ kitchen/ diner.
The bed was a single (already made up) but had anoother flip up single under that you could put together to make a double.

On the first night I did this but found the removabnble part kept drifting across the floor every time I turned over (which was a lot) so after that I just slept on the single half- which was fine. The bed was very firm, but it was comfy!
There was also a large cupboard behind the door in the kitchen area for all my clothes, which i didn't spot until the last day! LOL!

Other facilities

There was a kitchen with kettle, microwave, coffee maker and kettle. Fridge, 4 ring electric hob and dishwasher. Washing up liquid and dishwasher tabs were provided.
There is no way of making toast though! There were plenty of cutlery, crockery, a few pans and tea towel.

There are seperate bathroom with bath and shower over, and sink. The loo is next door.
The lock was broken on our loo door but otherwise itr was fine. There was plenty of loo roll and a large bottle of shower gel.

You are supposed to empty your biins and take the rubbish down the hall to the rubbish room.

hotel

It is much harder to find this hotel than I had anticipated. The road was not built when my satnav disc was made (2007) and the small map on hotels.com was pants.....

Basically, its now been renamed 'Hotel de Ville Adagio' so any signs you see when driving round the Val de Europe Ringroad for Hotel de Ville are for the hotel, NOT the town hal!!! LOL!!!

The shuttle bus takes the road in towards the shopping centre by the large police headquarters, then does a small right at the bottom, by the shops. Then the hotel is in front of you on the left.

We drove around for about 45 mins trying to find it, so make sure you know its exact location 1st.

Parking was a bit tricky. the hotel car park was full (access via a keypad with code) so we trawled the nearby streets for a space. I would suggest keepingt your eye aout and moving your car closer in mid morning when wveryone else has left to go to work/ disney.

There is no charge to park on the street.

The shuttle buses go from a cleasrly labelled stop about 150M from the hotel. (follow the crowd) if there's no crowd you've missed it! These buses were MUCH less frequent than the other partner hotels and MUCh more crowded. PLUS they will be ON TIME>

We missesd the bus after dreams by 2 minutes.

the taxi q was an hour! (E7.00)

The train station is a good 10-15 min walk stright thr4ough the shopping centre. HOWEVER if you are going for EMH with a AP you need tio walk round as the entrances are locked until 9.00ish.

You can head straight down the road that the hotel is on (with a splendid view of the ToT on your right across the fields) the train and bus station is down there past the Elysee hotel across the road , on the right. it took my 'bionic' Mum 15 mins or so.

If I was totally fit I would prob walk first thing (for EMH as the buses dont start till 9.30) the NPB hotel is about the same distance as the train station (or closer) and I understand they have LOTS of free shuttle buses there!!!!! LOL!!!!! We could see the NPB from our room.

The room overlooked a running track/ park area and had a balcony and large windows.

There was plenty of light, although maybe it could do with a coat of paint here and there.

it was fab value, and we saved a packet on eating breakfast from the supermarket before heading out for EMH....

I would def stay here again, great for bigger families, or if you have very small kids, so you can put them to bed and sit and watch telly or open a bottle of wine before you fal asleep yopurself.

the only english TV channel was BBC worl news, although we did watch Harry potter in german, and german 'stricvtly' as well!!

Would I go there again! ??? Definately. But not with my mother who wants to keep walking to a minimum.

Interestingly, when we drove to the parks on the last day it was JUST as long a walk from the car park to the gates, as it was from the Adagio to the station! LOL!

We stayed here for one night on Monday 4th June.

Sorry I didn't take any photos. The room we had was on the ground floor and was very tatty. We had a one bedroom apartment. As you went in there was a long hall with the bedroom off on the right followed by the bathroom/toilet. Then the living room kitchenette at the back. In the living room there were two single sofa beds one of which had a pull out bed underneath, and a table with 4 chairs and a stool. There was plenty of room and we could have left the sofas made up as beds and still used the table with no problem.

There were lots of dirty black marks all down the hallway wall right up to shoulder height. The beds had blankets not duvets and they felt scratchy. One of the blankets also had a stain of some kind. The sheet on our bed had a little hole in in too. The kitchenette and bathroom seemed clean but there was a dirty towel left over an airer in one of the cupboards:eek: The kitchenette had a hob, fridge, dishwasher, microwave and coffee maker but no kettle.

The whole apartment just felt a little bit grubby and very unloved. It wasn't a big problem because we were only staying one night but the residhome which we stayed in the following night was cleaner, better maintained and about the same cost so we will stay there in future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter