"Add-A-Day" Help!!!

kydisneydude

Earning My Ears
We are headed to WDW in mid-October, our travel plans have changed and we will be arriving around Noon on 10/13/13. We were originally going to be arriving late evening. I have seen a couple posts on several sites that have mentioned discounted tickets for the parks if you "Add-A-Day" when you check in. Is there any truth in this? If so, how does one go about it? I checked the schedule and it looks like there are Magic Hours at MK that night and I think it would be a great addition to the trip, I am just not sure if I want to pay full price for 5 tickets for the arrival day.

This is only our second trip to WDW so I'm still a newbie at all this.

We are headed to WDW in mid-October, our travel plans have changed and we will be arriving around Noon on 10/13/13. We were originally going to be arriving late evening. I have seen a couple posts on several sites that have mentioned discounted tickets for the parks if you "Add-A-Day" when you check in. Is there any truth in this? If so, how does one go about it? I checked the schedule and it looks like there are Magic Hours at MK that night and I think it would be a great addition to the trip, I am just not sure if I want to pay full price for 5 tickets for the arrival day.

I think that what you're thinking about is the fact that once you get above a certain number of days on a ticket (I think it's 4), each additional day only costs $10. So, if you've already got at least a 4 day ticket, it will only cost you $50 for your entire family to add an extra day on to it. You also don't need to add the day the first day...you can do it any time before all your days are used up.

Actually once you get over 3 days on a MYW ticket it's pretty inexpensive to add an extra day. Definitely with it for an extra night in MK!

There's no discount, but WDW has tiered pricing, meaning that each day you add on is a little less expensive than the day before, until the rate flattens out to the above mentioned $10 (plus tax) a day cost.

It's not "add-a-day", it's basically the way the ticket pricing is based for longer stays. After the 4th day of tickets, each additional day is only $10 up to 10 days. We added two days the last time we were there as we went more than anticipated.

I would wait until you are down to 1 day on your ticket though and then purchase the extra day(s). That way if for some reason you end up not using it, you don't waste the extra $$. It doesn't matter when you purchase as long as it is before you use the last day of admission. You can do this at the resort or at the parks.

That is Awesome !!!!!

Thanks for the information. We already have 5 days so to add an extra day at MK will be great. We are also doing MNSSHP so this trip is gonna Rock!

:cool1:

T-minus 14 days...so excited to be back at WDW I can't even sleep! I think I'm more excited than the Kids!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter