• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Add dining to a paid package?

Fionasmommy

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if it's possible to add dining to a package that is paid in full, less than 45 days out?

Could you call your agent and add it before leaving, or add it on arrival at WDW - or would you have to pay a fee or rebook the whole thing?

Call and ask before your 45 day cutoff. I don't know for sure but I know she said I could make changes without penalties but I don't know if that includes adding on plans..........

From what I've read, it can't be added on arrival, there's a cut off date - but I don't remeber what it is -(I'm probably wrong, but 5 days is what I'm thinking).

i belive that you can order it when checking in. We were asked by the CM in training if we wanted to add it to our package, she didn't realize we already had it. If you are waiting, I would still suggest making your ADR early since many of the restaurants were booked up for the busiest times weeks if not months ahead.

From what I understand, you may add it up to 5 days before you arrive. If you want to add Magical Express, you have to add it 10 days in advance, I believe. If you want to add additional days or features (like non-expiry) onto the tickets you've purchased, you may do so while on your trip.

Have a great time!

:goodvibes

Hi everyone.
I called about adding the ddp to our reservation. i was told that you could add it up to 48 hrs b4 you arrive. i hope this helps
Carla :tink:

I added the dining plan to our trip after booking and then after I'd paid our trip in full, I added a night to our stay and was able to add the free upgrade (park hopper and water parks) to our tickets. In my experience, the cm have been very helpful in making changes to our reservation.

I am new to these boards, and I have a question that I think would fit best here. My wife is a travel agent and got us a good rate at SSR in May that is non-refundable. My question is, can we add a dining plan to it? Any input would be appreciated!

nickf126 said:
I am new to these boards, and I have a question that I think would fit best here. My wife is a travel agent and got us a good rate at SSR in May that is non-refundable. My question is, can we add a dining plan to it? Any input would be appreciated!

No, it can only be added to a MYW package or DVC rental. :sad2: It's too bad, because most of the great room rates (like AP!) seem to be for room-only reservations, so I'm sure it would work out cheaper overall to just add it to a room reservation.

Those AP and travel agent discounts are worth it on their own -- no need for Dining Plan as extra incentive!

Fionasmommy said:
No, it can only be added to a MYW package or DVC rental. :sad2:.

I've booked a package in the UK because we get special 14 day ultimate tickets, which we can't get on a MYW package. Does this mean that I can't get the dining plan?

I believe that you can choose between one discount and the other, not both.

bicker said:
I believe that you can choose between one discount and the other, not both.

The problem is that I don't have a choice the MYW package is not available for 14 nights! If it was I would've just booked that and added the dining plan to it.

However, you could choose MYW package for 10 nights.

I would love to have even had the chance to make the choice you've got. They don't offer us 14 day passes here in the US, at all. :(

Thanks bicker, I didn't know that there was a package for 10 nights!

catherine said:
I've booked a package in the UK because we get special 14 day ultimate tickets, which we can't get on a MYW package. Does this mean that I can't get the dining plan?

I just found out that we can indeed book the dining plan with the 14 day ultimate ticket as long as we book the package through Disney! So I'm excited!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter