• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Add on question RE: use year & 2001 points

BWVDenise

I believe in something, I just don't know what it
Now, if I add 100 points at HH, will I get the same use year (March) as I have for my original contract? Also, how long do I have before I would risk not getting the points for this year (2001)?
I've read that HH will be sold out in the next six months so I'm biding my time and trying to figure out how long I can wait to do this!!

Thanks,
Denise

When you buy direct from DVC you must buy your Use Year for an add-on of less than 150 points. (150 points being it's own contract.) If you want to purchase HHI I would call DVC and find out what, if anything, is still left in your Use Year. Some sell-out before others. Once March sells out for DVC you won't be able to buy a HHI add-on. (You could purchase a full 150+ contract with a different Use Year.)

I'm not sure how far into the year we would have to be before you wouldn't get your March 2001 allotment.

I added another 50 pts. and they were available immediately. MS had the pts already in there computer before I sent out he paperwork. Hope that helps.

The sell out estimate at HH is currently 6 months to a year (I'd bet on the latter). In July, 2000 the estimated sell out was fall 2001! They are about 75% sold as of last week.

If your use year is sold out, DVC will allow you add-on a different use year.

They will allow you to add-on the Mar 2001 use year right up to next March- but you won't be allowed to use MB in that case.

MB for HH and VB is still $10/point with a minimum of 50 points.

Good luck!

Thanks, Doc. That makes me feel a little better. I'd still like to get the ball rolling sooner, rather than later (still trying to convince dh that we can afford it:rolleyes: )
;)

Hi, Am considering an add on at HHI, and am confused by the use year as well. My use year is April. I am wanting to wait a month or so before adding on, and am confused on Doc's statements. If I wait till Aug 30 say to buy, will my use year still be April?
Also, Doc, when will (in your opinion) will HHI sell out?
Sorry, just got confused on your post. Any help on this would be appreciated!
deerh

Yes, deerh. If your use year is April- that will be your add-on as long as they are still available. DVC tries to sell new contracts with a use year about 6 months ahead/behind- but add-ons will have your original use year.

From the information I got at HH last week- I don't expect HH to sell out before Fall, 2002 (maybe later).

Some of that will depend on what happens with BCV, but I expect HH to take at least that long.

Stay tuned though, if there are any significant changes in the projected sell-out, it will certainly be reported here.

Enjoy! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter