Add on Riviera or wait for Reflections??

I’d be more inclined to buy at either CCV or BRV in that area over Reflections (need to figure out a good abbreviation for that place, lol).

Plus CCV and BVR have long contracts. If BWV or BCV had 40 years left they would kill RIVs sales.

DYK: they removed jetted tubs in several resorts when they did a full refurb?

Just because Riviera has a soaking tub now doesn't mean they don't pull it in 14 years...

(People were angry.)

Correct me if I am wrong, but cant a soaking tub simply be larger and deeper, with or without jets. I know the Rivera one is free standing, but not sure if it’s jetted or not,

However, trying to worry about what could change down the road in terms of decor or amenities like the tub is a small aspect, IMO, of the purchase,

Restrictions won’t matter at BCV and to only a lesser extent at BWV, The one thing that should be clear by their resale price is that to a very large portion of DVC buyers the ability to walk to EPCOT is the most important consideration.

I can guarantee given history Reflections will be sold for more money per point. The justification alone will be the costs involved as wages will be higher and materials will be higher and those costs must be absorbed from the buyer.

If you're choosing regardless of point cost location between the two should be a big factor as well as ease of transportation

AFAIK, the master bath in the BWV 1 & 2 bedrooms still has the jetted tubs. At least the one we were in last December (2018) did.
Might be blending them since the refurbs were close together. I do remember the outrage.

Might be blending them since the refurbs were close together. I do remember the outrage.
Me, too. Lots of upset over BCV.

I've posted this before, but I prefer the "no-jet" tubs. Those things can get really gross and IMO, need a good cleaning with dishwasher detergent or bleach before use. Cleaning them wastes a lot of water.

Me, too. Lots of upset over BCV.

I've posted this before, but I prefer the "no-jet" tubs. Those things can get really gross and IMO, need a good cleaning with dishwasher detergent or bleach before use. Cleaning them wastes a lot of water.
People have also been upset about the sofas at BRV, the Murphy beds at BWV and BCV, the ne decor at OKW...

I do think you need to have perspective on decor over 50 years.

I think will be lovely resorts. But I am leaning towards riviera over reflections as I am enjoying more F&W activities.
If I wanted MK for kids I would pick BLT or Poly,, because you can trade into the L14.

Goldi

They left the existing tubs at BWV during the refurb so they are still jetted. I expect them to be gone after the next refurb. BCV lost them along with the ceiling fans. OKW they replaced with new jetted tubs I believe. Now I think SSR is losing them in the refurb but gets new ceiling fans. ie -DVC management can't seem to include consistent room amenities anymore - it's just the whim of the current room designor. Who also likes white and light everywhere.

One of the big reasons we chose Rivera over other resorts including adding on at our 1st resort was the all indoor corridors. Someday I would like to travel to Disney in September or early October, and I would much rather be “stuck” in a hurricane in a resort with indoor hallways.

We chose Riviera because of the door to door drop off at 2 parks, the compact size of the resort, the ability to get to resort amenities without braving rain or heat and how large and beautiful the rooms are with 2 showers in a studio and gorgeous bathrooms. If BLT or BCV were the same price/number of years left as Riviera, I might reconsider, but they are not.

Most of my concerns are specific to my staying at Disney. Did you make a list of what you did or didn't like about resorts you've stayed at Disney?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter