Add-on w/ different use year?UPDATE

maryisme

DIS Veteran
guide just called me and I was able to take advantage of the magical beginnings program after all.

Original message below:

Has anyone added on with a different use year? I would like to add 75 points and take advantage of magical beginnings at HH but was told I cannot because my existing use year is february and those points (feb. 2001) will soon be expiring. Ok, I understand that dvc may not be able to "rent" those points before they expire so how about a different use year? I asked my guide and she said that it wasn't done--too confusing for us members to juggle. Anyway, I have a call in to my guide and I will try to convince her to just give me another use year.

Any advice (ammunition :) ) would be appreciated.

Mary

The problem is that sales are based on specfic units even though we don't own specific units for our stays. Each unit has a sell out point and a specific use year. It means there are no February use years available at that resort. I hope that isn't too confusing.

Was the add-on with the February Use Year?

Although I've never heard of them doing it, there is a provision to sell a different use year if your's is sold out. I know that doesn't apply in this case but you might be able to make the case for it. Your other options are to buy the Feb use year without MB or wait for next Feb and hope it's still available. You may need to buy less points without MB, just depends on how things fit in for you. I don't think you'll be able to talk them into Feb, 2001 and use MB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter