Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

Hi Everyone!

So, I checked park times tonight, and it looks like they extended some of the magic kingdoms hours. Specifically our last day, Saturday, Feb. 2nd. It went from 8 PM to 11 PM! I currently have After Dessert Party booked for us. Originally, I thought it would be perfect, as it would be after the fireworks, and the parks would be closed. We would enjoy some treats, extend our day just a little before having to say good bye. But now... the park will be open till 11:00! Fireworks are still listed as 8:00 PM.

My question to everyone, Is it still worth doing the dessert party? I mean, the hour-ish after we would be eating, crowds would hopefully be leaving the park, right? Or would that time, just give everyone time to fill up the ride lines?

I could cancel the reservation and book one for our May trip for Morgan instead...

I def want some votes! Keep the reservation or cancel?!?!

Finally checking back in :wave: and have to say all the Tinker bell outfits/shirts are great! I love the balloon ones and the different " land" ones, I think Steve and even Ricky would wear them. Not Chris because......Chris :rolleyes:

I think your new plans sound great! And you are there for so long it probably wouldn't be worth the extra cost.

The dessert party, if you read my review in my latest TR update I just didn't feel like it was worth it. We did the after dessert party and I thought we would be in the same boat, the park would be closed and we could just eat in peace while the crowds emptied out. Well, we felt like we were missing out on a lot of park time eating the desserts! And to get a good spot on our night we had to get there 45 minutes before the fireworks so an 1.5 hour of time devoted to fireworks and desserts felt almost like a chore. So I would vote no but if you havent done one it might be fun for your family to do!

I will just say, my sister who is pretty grown was bored and tired of doing the dessert party by the end so I can imagine Morgan and Gwen may get bored and antsy too and just want to be riding rides!

I def want some votes! Keep the reservation or cancel?!?!

Is there room to switch to the before party? Gives you a chance to fill up on sweets as your sustenance to get you through the last couple of hours when the lines will be shortest.

If you're using up park time either way, I'd rather use up the before time since nearly everyone with young kids will leave after fireworks. If you cancel the party, you'd probably have to camp out for a seat around the same time you'd be checking in.

Happy Saturday! I hope everyone has some good plans for the weekend. We are having a Pizza and Ping Pong "party" this evening with the girls BFF's and families! We have spent the last 2 weeks cleaning, purging and setting up our attic into a "big kid" area.
Sounds like fun. I was supposed to be in Savannah for the weekend but came down with the flu and am just now starting to feel human again.

BTW I got Casey the Unicorn Minnie shirt! She is gonna love it

I was going to go buy the Disney After Hours Event tickets. And was talking with Andy about it. And I made the mistake of meantioning how much it cost. He isn't sold on the idea... Sigh... His reasoning is that we have annual passes and we are already there for such a long period of time, that it isn't worth it. And I am have to admit, I am kind of with him on it. I mean, I know it would be amazing. But I know we will have a great time regardless. So, for now, I am taking it out of the schedule.
This is the page I'm always on. The parties sound like fun and I love the idea of no crowds, but with annual passes and as often as we go I don't think I can justify the prices. Unless they start serving booze for that price in which case sign me up :P

So, I booked us lunch at Sanaa!!!
One of our favorites. I have very few reservations made, but dinner at Sanaa is one that I had to have since we missed it on our last trip.

I also am toying with the idea of on our first Hollywood Studios day of going to EPCOT in the evening to possibly get some more Festival of Arts food. I want to let the girls do the Figment search thing and am thinking that we might not be able to finish it on the first visit. but the beauty of that is, we can decide that once we are there!
What day was this? We were planning on hitting up the Festival on Monday.

OMG!!!! I am soooo excitied and have no one to tell at the moment!!!!

Right before I left work I saw on facebook, the dis post about an VIP Annual Pass Event. I glanced at it and saw the dates, and thought that might work for us. But then I had to leave work like a crazy person) as I always do. I drive and pick up the girls. The whole time trying to remember our schedule and dates in my head. Try to see if it fits. Get home, get the girls settled and log in to see the details.

And the event fits into our schedule PERFECTLY!!!!! And we are signed up! So, so so excitied to go to an event like this. I know it won't be anythind special but it makes getting the AP that much more worth while.

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 4.36.42 PM

The event is Tuesday, February 26th from 10 - midnight.

Which Tuesday is the day we check into the Poly. So, I am thinking we will go to MK for the day, as planned. We have dinner reservations at Ohana at 4:00 and 6:00. I def think we will do the 4:00 reservation. We can get checked in after dinner, rest for a bit, maybe let the girls swim a little if it is warm enough. And eventually head back to the park for the event!

And then the next day is already our planned rest day. So, we can recoup from being out so late. And hopefully have a fairly easy ride back to the park at the end of the night, being so close.

Have I mentioned I am excitied!!!! So glad I didn't buy the DAH tickets!

Has anyone been to one of these? I assume there are more people than the DAH events. What are they like?

Also, the thing says everyone needs a valid ID, well, the girls don't have ID's. I assume that isn't really a problem... Andy and I will... right?

Oh, also @kastoney - Will the event work for you guys? @chunkymonkey Is signed up.

Oh! And I can repurpose the DAH lanyards that I was making for this!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I am so on top of everything today :P Great news is it conveniently fits the night before our planned day off too. We have dinner at California Grill that night and then will likely head that way.

Tomorrow I am going to book Kona Cafe breakfast! Because I want this:
Kona Cafe Champagne Flight
I am way, way, way behind....trying to find my Disboards groove again....but I had no idea about this. I am going to need to add Kona to my ever growing list of restaurants to try. I want to try it anyway, because even though I am not sure I will like it, I have to try the Tonga Toast.

Last edited:
That is awesome! I'm so happy for you guys and that it kind of will give you that After Hours feel! And honestly probably better timing for you than DAH anyway since you have your rest day the next day! And being at Poly already? Talk about kismet! haha

I am way, way, way behind....trying to find my Disboards groove again....but I had no idea about this. I am going to need to add Kona to my ever growing list of restaurants to try. I want to try it anyway, because even though I am not sure I will like it, I have to try the Tonga Toast.
The flight is basically why I want to go... And i love eggs benedict!

That is awesome! I'm so happy for you guys and that it kind of will give you that After Hours feel! And honestly probably better timing for you than DAH anyway since you have your rest day the next day! And being at Poly already? Talk about kismet! haha
Thanks. It will be exciting in it's self to be going to something that not everyone can go to.

Yay for you :) Guess you picked the right dates to be an AP!
Amazing! Woo Hoo!

That is awesome that you will be able to attend the event!!
Thanks!

Saturday, May 4th: Sci-Fi Lunch @ 11:15, Coral Reef Lunch @ 1:10, Yachtsman Steakhouse Dinner @ 5:00, & Via Napoli Dinner @ 6:05
If I was betting, I would bet Morgan will choose Ohana on her birthday and then Via Napoli on Saturday.
Hey! We have Via Napoli booked for 5:30 on Saturday! We may end up canceling and just sticking with F&G booths but for now, we overlap!

Andy says to me yesterday, how many times are we going to go to Disney with these Annual Passes. And I start to count what we have decided on so far. And he say, how many quickie trips are you going to try and add in. WELL.... I wasn't going to plan any but now I feel like it's a challenge!!!! Right!?!?
We are planning 8 in 2019. And our passes won't expire til June 2020. Should we go head to head? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter