Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

As usual I'm late to this party but wanted to say I've enjoyed reading about all your trips and planning!!

Ok, So, I am going to repeat myself just a little. I am going to try and summarize each trip, and get links for folks to skip over all of the trip that we just had... Somehow this sounds easier to me than starting new PTRs?

So, May, since it is the closest is up first!

A Birthday May Trip!
The May trip will be blue, it's Morgan's favorite color, so I am going with that.

First off, Frontier changed our flight slightly. We now leave @ 1:57. Which is only 10 minutes earlier than when we booked but we are trying to let Gwen get as much of her testing in that day. When I gets closer, I will reach out to her teacher to see when they have been finishing the testing. Hopefully we can let her finish the testing for the day before we have to get them. This way, she is only missing 1 day of testing.

They don't know about this trip. As it is a surprise for Morgan's birthday. I am pretty sure they are going to loose it, as they know we are going in August, so this shouldn't be on there radar at all!

Thursday: We should land around 4:45. So, if all goes well, we will be at the Yacht Club around 6:30 (hopefully).
Originally I was thinking that we would juts swim and hang out of the hotel. Which we might still do. But since Morgan doesn't know about the trip, I have to hedge my bets a little. So, I grabbed a Test Track Fast Pass for that night.
I am hoping we can drop our bags off, and walk over to EPCOT to grab a quick dinner at a couple Flower and Garden Food Booths and maybe right Test Track. I am TOTALLY planning on trying to bribe Morgan with getting an Orange Bird Sipper if they still have them by then.
Test Track: 6:40 - 7:40
Spaceship Earth: 8:25 - 9:00

Friday: Magic Kingdom
I do think the plan for this trip, will be park in the morning, then back to the resort to swim.
Space Mountain 9:15 - 10:15
Big Thunder Mountain - 10:35 - 11:25
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - 11:55 - 12:55
DINNER: Cape May Cafe dinner @ 6:35.
I still have our Ohana Reservation. I am pretty sure we won't use it but I am still holding on it for now. Not sure how long I want to keep it.

Saturday: Hollywood Studios
I booked fastpasses in Hollywood Studios. I hope we can make it over to EPCOT in the afternoon / Evening but we will see what Morgan wants to do.
Rockin Rollercoaster - 9:05 - 10:05
Slinky Dog - 10:20 - 11:20
Star Tours - 11:20 - 12:20
DINNER: Yachtsman Steak house Dinner Reservation @ 5:00.

Sunday: Animal Kingdom
I booked Animal Kingdom fast passes for the morning.
Everest - 9:10 - 10:10
Kilimanjaro Safari - 10:15 - 11:15
Flight of Passage - 11:20 - 12:20
We fly out at 6:00, so, we will probably have to leave from the hotel 3-ish.

I ordered Morgan Birthday Ears from Disney Store. I have to order this weekend the Birthday Squad Shirts. I am not sure if we will be getting her anything else as a birthday surprise or not... I mean I know that being in Disney is def enough of a gift/surpise! But this is def a once in lifetime thing, so I want to do it right!

Any suggestions? Maybe I could grab some stuff Thursday Night to set out as well?

Looks great. The girls are going to be so excited!

I mean I know that being in Disney is def enough of a gift/surpise! But this is def a once in lifetime thing, so I want to do it right!

That's how Disney gets you, isn't it. A surprise birthday trip is clearly enough, but then you want to make it the best you can and keep adding on. I think the ears and outfits are good. Maybe a birthday pin if she does pin trading?

Following along! I’ve definitely lurked through a few of your trip reports! Your girls are so cute and so lucky to have a year filled with Disney trips !

So, I was going to wait to re-kick this off after our May trip, but of course I can't wait. I mean there really isn't too much else to plan for May. And I do need to figure a few things out for August soon, just to ensure stupid dinning reservations. So, without further ado...

August Sweat to Death Trip

We found out while on our Feb. Trip, that we will actually be overlapping with Andy's sister and family the same week in August! Andy's sister (DA) is a teacher, so they have been going traditionally the very last week in August and well, until now we have avoided the summer like the plage. And then we moved ours later a week so Andy's boss could to to Europe. And Andy's sister moved their's a week earlier because there youngest will be starting college and they wanted to make sure they were back in time. And poof we are there the same week!

Andy's sister's family consists of:
Untitled
Andy's sister Aimee and her husband Russ

Untitled

And then Henry (21) and Alex (18). Man, I can't with the ages!!! Henry was 4 or 5 when we started dating... Makes me feel old!

The last couple trips Aimee and Russ have left the boys at home, as they just aren't into it as much but they have gone every summer for a long time.

So, this put Andy into overload, as I tried to plan via Andy to his sister what they had planned and what we had planned and where we overlapped etc.

Do you know, that Andy didn't know what ADR stood for?!?! I mean, is he married to me?

Anyway, We have figured out a few days where we are in the same park on the same day and have a few dinning reservations now that we will eat all toghether.

So, here is the general plan...

Fly in late Friday, August 16th.
Coronado for (5) Nights. Andy's family is staying there for there entire stay.
We are switching over to Yacht Club for the last (3) Nights. I would have liked to have had it a little more even but... It's just how the reservations happened and everything worked out.
And we leave Sunday, August 25th SUPER early (7:40AM flight! Eek!)

So, what I am trying to figure out at the moment is, on Saturday, I think we need to try and go visit my grandparents in Sebring, FL for the day. Sebring is about 2 hours from the Orlando Airport and 1-1/2 hours from Disney. So, I am thinking the best bet will be to rent a car from Disney Property for just the day Saturday.

Has anyone rented a car on property? How hard / easy was it?

Also, I am not sure if we would eat dinner with my grandparents or on the way back, but any suggestions for a restaurant NOT on property?!? This would be the first time for us having a car! I might also, forgo an online order, I can stop a the local publix in Sebring and grab what we need then!

Friday: Arrive LATE
Saturday: Day trip to Sebring
Sunday: Magic Kingdom
Monday: Hollywood Studios AM / Disney Springs PM - First Overlap day. No shared dinning. We have a Homecoming reservation at 4:10. Andy wants to give the place another try (and really he wants another moonshine drink)
Tuesday: Magic Kingdom - Second Overlap day. - Tonight is a MNSSHP night, and Aimee and family have tickets already for it. So, Andy wants us to do that as well. So, not sure what the plan will be for the day, just swim all day and head in later. Go to MK in the AM for a little bit, come back and rest before the party of what.
Wendesday: Rest Day / We switch to Yacht Club today and I plan to fully enjoy the pool. (provided the weather is good) Aimee and family have an Ohana reservation that I would love to do with them, but changing to 8 has proven difficult. I have a watch set up on Touring Plans and ***********. SO, fingers crossed we can get something. We will see.
Thursday: Animal Kingdom - overlap day again.
Friday: Hollywood Studios AM / EPCOT PM - Shared reservation for La Hacenda @ 8:15 I think the plan is to be able to watch the fireworks from the restaurant.
Saturday: Magic Kingdom - Shared reservation for Skipper Canteen @ 11:40
Sunday: Leave SUPER early

I was thinking we should try a water park one day. But I would want to do it while we are at Coronado and not Yacht Club. We could do it the day of the party maybe but I feel like that might be a little exhausting and then stay out late...I am note sure...

So, I was going to wait to re-kick this off after our May trip, but of course I can't wait. I mean there really isn't too much else to plan for May. And I do need to figure a few things out for August soon, just to ensure stupid dinning reservations. So, without further ado...

We found out while on our Feb. Trip, that we will actually be overlapping with Andy's sister and family the same week in August! Andy's sister (DA) is a teacher, so they have been going traditionally the very last week in August and well, until now we have avoided the summer like the plage. And then we moved ours later a week so Andy's boss could to to Europe. And Andy's sister moved their's a week earlier because there youngest will be starting college and they wanted to make sure they were back in time. And poof we are there the same week!

Andy's sister's family consists of:
Untitled
Andy's sister Aimee and her husband Russ

Untitled

And then Henry (21) and Alex (18). Man, I can't with the ages!!! Henry was 4 or 5 when we started dating... Makes me feel old!

The last couple trips Aimee and Russ have left the boys at home, as they just aren't into it as much but they have gone every summer for a long time.

So, this put Andy into overload, as I tried to plan via Andy to his sister what they had planned and what we had planned and where we overlapped etc.

Do you know, that Andy didn't know what ADR stood for?!?! I mean, is he married to me?

Anyway, We have figured out a few days where we are in the same park on the same day and have a few dinning reservations now that we will eat all toghether.

So, here is the general plan...

Fly in late Friday, August 16th.
Coronado for (5) Nights. Andy's family is staying there for there entire stay.
We are switching over to Yacht Club for the last (3) Nights. I would have liked to have had it a little more even but... It's just how the reservations happened and everything worked out.
And we leave Sunday, August 25th SUPER early (7:40AM flight! Eek!)

So, what I am trying to figure out at the moment is, on Saturday, I think we need to try and go visit my grandparents in Sebring, FL for the day. Sebring is about 2 hours from the Orlando Airport and 1-1/2 hours from Disney. So, I am thinking the best bet will be to rent a car from Disney Property for just the day Saturday.

Also, I am not sure if we would eat dinner with my grandparents or on the way back, but any suggestions for a restaurant NOT on property?!? This would be the first time for us having a car! I might also, forgo an online order, I can stop a the local publix in Sebring and grab what we need then!

Friday: Arrive LATE
Saturday: Day trip to Sebring
Sunday: Magic Kingdom
Monday: Hollywood Studios AM / Disney Springs PM - First Overlap day. No shared dinning. We have a Homecoming reservation at 4:10. Andy wants to give the place another try (and really he wants another moonshine drink)
Tuesday: Magic Kingdom - Second Overlap day. - Tonight is a MNSSHP night, and Aimee and family have tickets already for it. So, Andy wants us to do that as well. So, not sure what the plan will be for the day, just swim all day and head in later. Go to MK in the AM for a little bit, come back and rest before the party of what.
Wendesday: Rest Day / We switch to Yacht Club today and I plan to fully enjoy the pool. (provided the weather is good) Aimee and family have an Ohana reservation that I would love to do with them, but changing to 8 has proven difficult. I have a watch set up on Touring Plans and ***********. SO, fingers crossed we can get something. We will see.
Thursday: Animal Kingdom - overlap day again.
Friday: Hollywood Studios AM / EPCOT PM - Shared reservation for La Hacenda @ 8:15 I think the plan is to be able to watch the fireworks from the restaurant.
Saturday: Magic Kingdom - Shared reservation for Skipper Canteen @ 11:40
Sunday: Leave SUPER early

I was thinking we should try a water park one day. But I would want to do it while we are at Coronado and not Yacht Club. We could do it the day of the party maybe but I feel like that might be a little exhausting and then stay out late...I am note sure...
Another fun trip!! What about Glow nights on Saturday?

I haven’t picked up a rental car but I did drop one off at the car care center. Super easy (it’s just down the street from the Polynesian and there’s a gas station right next to it so you can refill). When I was looking for the cruise, it seemed best pickup options were Swolphin or one of the Disney Springs hotels. Though you can check if it just makes financial/logistical sense to pick up at MCO and pay parking one night vs pickup and drop off the same day. You can even still use DME for the luggage delivery, so you only have to worry about your carry ons.

Appropriately named, I'd say!

This made me laugh so hard....and then I thought, I bet Rob has no idea what it means either! #DIShusbandsUnite

We have on a couple of trips. It was super easy! We've actually done it through Alamo, which is right near MK. They sent a bus to Pop to pick us up and take us to get the car. We were able to pick what time we wanted to be picked up at. Returning the car was easy, too, because there is a gas station right next to the return, and then my Dad was able to just drop off and meet us at MK.

We also rented once from Hertz. That time they sent someone to pick us up and we got our car/returned it at an offsite hotel about 5-10 minutes away. We had a coupon or something, which was why we went with Hertz on that trip.

Your plans sound great!!

I can't even imagine how excited Morgan will be when you tell her that she'll be there for her birthday! I think it's a good call having the fastpasses booked for the night you get there. Especially since you'll be within walking distance to EPCOT!

August sounds great too! I think thats a great plan to overlap with family where you can and not put too much pressure on yourselves!

MNNSHP will be fun! We went in August two years ago and it was actually a great time! We didn't dress up since it was so early (we just got matching Mickey Halloween shirts) but it was so much fun!

How fun to be able to do the August trip with family! Make sure you take lots of pool breaks :-)

I only very briefly looked at renting a car at Disney, specifically from Swolphin, but that's when we were staying at Boardwalk and it would have been an easy walk. I believe the desk opens at 8am. You could take the bus to HS and walk/boat over to get the car first thing in the AM and be on your way.

We have rented cars from Alamo/National from car care center close to the TTC. Went very well. They could pick-up/drop-off at resort. They also picked us up at MK a couple of times.

August Trip: Thanks Everyone for the info on renting a car. I did a little more research and I "think" it makes sense for us to take Magical Express to our hotel Friday night, even though it will be late. The airport hotel is actually more than what we paid for Coronado. And the Car Center looks fairly close to Coronado. So worst case, Andy can grab an uber to save time, if needed. My friend from work was out of the office today because her grandfather is in hospice and they think this is the end for him. So, i told Andy we really needed to go take the day trip. I do think it is amazing that Morgan and Gwen have Grandparents AND great-grandparents. Some kids these days don't even have grandparents sometimes.

New question: For folks that have gone to the water parks, how much time do you think we would want / need to spend at one? And which one should we do?

May Trip: So, of course I spoke too soon about having nothing to plan for the May trip. Yesterday, on the way to swim practice, Morgan told me her favorite thing of our February trip was doing the dessert Party in MK. And she wanted to do it again in August. Now, that is probably not happening in August since we are doing the MNSSHP. BUT we could do it in May! So, I floated the idea to Andy yesterday, and he was up for it. So, I booked it this morning!

So, we have the After Fireworks Dessert Party booked for May 3rd. The fireworks are at 9PM that night. And the park closes at 9PM, so we will get to relax while the masses leave. (unless they extend park hours before then) But regardless, I think Morgan will be very excitied about that.

I had to move our Cape May Cafe Dinner from 6:35 to 5:05. I want to make sure we aren't stuffed for dessert. And even at that, I am not sure I want to keep the buffet on the same night as the dessert party. Still debating it in my head.

I was also second guessing Yachtsman Steakhouse the next night. I know Morgan will enjoy a fat steak but the sides all sound too fancy for her. I did put in a watch for Beaches and Cream for that day as well. But I know that is a HUGE shot in the dark. But I do think she might like the more laid back atmosphere better there. We will see.

Another fun trip!! What about Glow nights on Saturday?
That's a good idea!!! i will look into it! We could maybe do it the night we go to Sebring.

I haven’t picked up a rental car but I did drop one off at the car care center. Super easy (it’s just down the street from the Polynesian and there’s a gas station right next to it so you can refill). When I was looking for the cruise, it seemed best pickup options were Swolphin or one of the Disney Springs hotels. Though you can check if it just makes financial/logistical sense to pick up at MCO and pay parking one night vs pickup and drop off the same day. You can even still use DME for the luggage delivery, so you only have to worry about your carry ons.
Thanks! I was thinking about the stupid parking fee. I don't want to deal with them somehow charging us for parking for the whole stay even if we only have the rental car one day. It doesn't sound like they have a good system for tracking the cars.

Ooooh, guess whose trip also overlaps with yours :rolleyes1 ;)
What!!! YEAH!!!!! We will def need to plan to meet up!

I'm thinking of doing MNSSHP too! :hyper:
Double YEAH!! Are you going by yourself? You can hang out with our crazy brood. I have a sneaky feeling Morgan and Gwen will love hanging out with you.

Appropriately named, I'd say!
Right? Andy's sister and family plan to go all day long. They are crazy!!! Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Andy's sister ditches her family to go swim and relax wtih us.

This made me laugh so hard....and then I thought, I bet Rob has no idea what it means either! #DIShusbandsUnite
Right?!? They don't know how good they have it with us doing all the planning and stuff!

We also rented once from Hertz. That time they sent someone to pick us up and we got our car/returned it at an offsite hotel about 5-10 minutes away. We had a coupon or something, which was why we went with Hertz on that trip.
Thanks! Sounds like Alamo might be a little better for this. We never rent cars, so probably won't have any coupons or anything.

That's nice that your trips will overlap! Your plans sound good so far!
It will be a first. We have always been solo, so it will be a new expierence.

I can't even imagine how excited Morgan will be when you tell her that she'll be there for her birthday! I think it's a good call having the fastpasses booked for the night you get there. Especially since you'll be within walking distance to EPCOT!
I am so excitied as well! Just trying to keep it a secret... Oye!

August sounds great too! I think thats a great plan to overlap with family where you can and not put too much pressure on yourselves!

MNNSHP will be fun! We went in August two years ago and it was actually a great time! We didn't dress up since it was so early (we just got matching Mickey Halloween shirts) but it was so much fun!
I put Morgan and Gwen in charge of coming up with a costume idea... So far, we have Phineas and Ferb as an idea. Possibly just shirts but some we could do that would still be light. It will def be hot!

How fun to be able to do the August trip with family! Make sure you take lots of pool breaks :-)
That is the plan. Park in the morning, swim in the PM and maybe back to a park in the evening.

We have rented cars from Alamo/National from car care center close to the TTC. Went very well. They could pick-up/drop-off at resort. They also picked us up at MK a couple of times.
Thanks!!! I think the Car Center is how we are going to go.

May Trip: So, of course I spoke too soon about having nothing to plan for the May trip. Yesterday, on the way to swim practice, Morgan told me her favorite thing of our February trip was doing the dessert Party in MK. And she wanted to do it again in August. Now, that is probably not happening in August since we are doing the MNSSHP. BUT we could do it in May! So, I floated the idea to Andy yesterday, and he was up for it. So, I booked it this morning!

Yay! I loved the dessert party too. You guys are going to have a great time :)

How about Crew’s Cup or Ale and Compass? I’ve been wanting to go there but haven’t had the opportunity. Or really you could do any of the restaurants in Epcot-walk thru Epcot on the way to Monorail? Or maybe just more of an opportunity to snack at festival booths?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!