Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

Hello Everyone!

Happy Saturday!

May trip:

So, Disney announced additional Disney After Hours Events. At first I was hoping for a Magic Kingdom one. But then when I looked, they had a Hollywood Studios one, for May 4th. Now, if you aren't a Star Wars Fan, May 4th has become a thing... May the Force be with you.... May 4th be with you... Get it... Anyway, they said there will be additional characters to meet and are inviting guests to come dressed up.

I text'd Andy about it, thinking he would say no. He wasn't completly up for the DAH in MK in Feb. But throw in some Star Wars characters, and he is ALL IN!!! big time. He said he wants to meet all the characters. (This is also from the same person who keeps saying that he can wait to see the new land.... really....)

Anyway... I booked our tickets that night! And I used our Disney Visa Rewards card, that we completly forgot to use in Feb. So, technically we didn't even pay for the event. technically, cause we could have used it for many things. but this did feel like a good way to use the $$$$.

Disney Parks Blog description of the event:
May 4 – Celebrate May the Fourth dressed in your best galactic Star Wars attire* Prepare yourself for Epic Character Encounters including Chewbacca with REY, Darth Vadar, Kylo Ren with CAPTAIN PHASMA, Ewoks, Jawas and imperial stormtroopers. Plus, specialty treats available for purchase.

Gwen is going to be soooooo excited to meet an Ewok. This will probably be top priority for us. I am hoping they have a few robots to meet as well... I know they had them to meet in Disneyland. But we will see.

Now, I have to find us some shirts / outfits! I don't think we will do full on costumes, as I assume it will be warm. I started checking out some fun t-shirts and maybe Star Wars ears... Any suggestions? I went to Her Universe and was actually a little disappointed. I usually love her stuff but meh right now.

So, now May looks like this:
Fly in Thursday:
EPCOT for some Flower & Garden food booths

Friday:

Morgan's Birthday -
Magic Kingdom in the AM, probably come back swim rest for awhile. Then head back for the Dessert Party that night.

Saturday:
Right now I still have all of our fast passes for Hollywood Studios for the morning. I am debating switching them to more Magic Kingdom Fastpasses. What do you think? Do MK for a couple hours, come back swim / relax. And then head to HS after dinner? Or do we keep HS that way, if we really want to focus on meeting characters we can?

It's hard, as they have done some DAH in Hollywood Studios, but none with the extra stuff. So, I am not sure how long the lines will be for characters. I have to assume that most people going this night will be Star Wars fans? right?
Hollywood Studios for DAH.

Sunday:
Animal Kingdom before we fly home

Shaping up to be a great quick trip! Love the addition of the DAH for Hollywood Studios, especially with all of the extra stuff for that night!

Star Wars DAH at HS sounds awesome! I would probably keep the fastpasses for the morning for Hollywood Studios so you can focus on the extra Star Wars stuff. Hopefully the character lines won’t be long but I feel there’s a good chance they will be

I ordered some stuff for us for the DAH Star Wars Event.

These are my selections:
Untitled
The shirt is from TeePublic, Ears from Etsy and the pullover from Fifth Sun. The sweatshirt is technically a Juniors size but I measured and it "should" fit. Fingers crossed.

These are Morgan's:
Untitled
I think she will really like the BB8 Ears. Shirts were a little touch to find. Her sweatshirt technically is a Valentine's shirt but I think it is ok. It doesn't scream Valentines day.

And then Gwen's.
Untitled
The sweatshirts were way to big for Gwen, so I will have to see what I can find. Otherwise she has a Star Wars shirt I can pack for her. I was going to do the Ewok ears for me, but I just saw her stealing them from me. I tried to find her Porg stuff but they were just ok looking.

Hopefully they will like what I picked out for them.

Shaping up to be a great quick trip! Love the addition of the DAH for Hollywood Studios, especially with all of the extra stuff for that night!
It def help justify the cost to have something even a little extra.

Oooh, I am so curious to hear how DAH on May 4th will be! Your trip looks awesome. :)
Thanks!

Gotta love those Disney Chase rewards!!! :jumping1:
Yes! We have gotten some good use of it!

Star Wars DAH at HS sounds awesome! I would probably keep the fastpasses for the morning for Hollywood Studios so you can focus on the extra Star Wars stuff. Hopefully the character lines won’t be long but I feel there’s a good chance they will be
I am kind of thinking that. Plus if we do decide to do Magic Kingdom instead, that is slightly easier to get something earlier.

I just asked my DH what he thought ADR stood for and his best guess was Automatic Disney Research.
Ha! Well, at least my DH isn't alone.

Oh that May the 4th event sounds fantastic. Especially the Jawas and Ewoks! I will have to keep reminding myself we're going to Star Wars Celebration in two weeks so I don't look into trying for this...

I don't know how the DAH will go at DHS as compared to Disneyland. The one Su-Lynn and I went to was pretty much walk-on every single ride. But that is because people were really there for the characters and food and special stuff. The line for Ewoks was one of the longest - probably an hour - so we didn't do it! They had some characters from SW Rebels too. And then all the droids hanging out at the end of the night on Main Street!

Oh that May the 4th event sounds fantastic. Especially the Jawas and Ewoks! I will have to keep reminding myself we're going to Star Wars Celebration in two weeks so I don't look into trying for this...
Star Wars Celebration will be great! You will have to give us a mini report on it!

The May the 4th DAH event sounds like it will be fun!! I love the items you purchased to wear! Gwen's Ewok shirt is so cute!
Thanks. I am sure she will like it!

don't know how the DAH will go at DHS as compared to Disneyland. The one Su-Lynn and I went to was pretty much walk-on every single ride. But that is because people were really there for the characters and food and special stuff. The line for Ewoks was one of the longest - probably an hour - so we didn't do it! They had some characters from SW Rebels too. And then all the droids hanging out at the end of the night on Main Street!
OMG! If they have Sabine here they would die! I have to assume it won't be nearly as cool as Disneyland's. Disneyland always seems way cooler. But I do think we will want to find the Ewoks first!

OMG! If they have Sabine here they would die! I have to assume it won't be nearly as cool as Disneyland's. Disneyland always seems way cooler. But I do think we will want to find the Ewoks first!
Don't remember if I ever posted these ones. I think Sabine alternated with Chopper and Ezra alternated with Ashoka. I now sort of regret not waiting around and getting the other characters too!
6f7261ff-dad5-4126-80be-da346db3b321.jpg b0c3c778-8808-46c1-bdaf-3e9c70a5cbeb.jpg

Don't remember if I ever posted these ones. I think Sabine alternated with Chopper and Ezra alternated with Ashoka. I now sort of regret not waiting around and getting the other characters too!
6f7261ff-dad5-4126-80be-da346db3b321-jpg.392313
b0c3c778-8808-46c1-bdaf-3e9c70a5cbeb-jpg.392314
Ashoka would blow there minds!

I def saw these one way or another... And they would love it! Right now all I can do is dare to dream!

I feel like I would keep the DHS FPs for the morning. I imagine there will be at least some lines for the characters at night so you wont feel torn trying to get on the rides AND do the characters. I think you guys are going to have a blast! I'm glad Andy was on board!! Can't wait to hear all about your experience!

View attachment 392313 View attachment 392314

Gah! So cool!

And Ezra has the right haircut, although it doesn't seem particularly blue. For some reason my DS could not stop complaining about Ezra's shorter hair in the later seasons.

I haven't had a spare minute to catch up on here since we got back, but finally had a moment to breath and head to my happy place today. I can't believe you are planning 3 trips simultaneously. The girls are gonna love it.

So, what I am trying to figure out at the moment is, on Saturday, I think we need to try and go visit my grandparents in Sebring, FL for the day. Sebring is about 2 hours from the Orlando Airport and 1-1/2 hours from Disney. So, I am thinking the best bet will be to rent a car from Disney Property for just the day Saturday.

Has anyone rented a car on property? How hard / easy was it?
Let me know what you end up doing. We need to rent a car down there too to drive to Savannah for a few days but I haven't had a chance to look into it yet.

Sunday: Magic Kingdom
We finally booked our trip from August 10-18. When it gets closer if you're up for it maybe we can meet up Sunday in MK before we leave.

also got the birthday Squad Shirts! I had to order white, as the kids tanks only came in white or black.
These are great. Morgan is going to love it!

If I turn out to have a lot to say about it, maybe I'll make a PTR for our (drumroll...) trip we've booked to Disneyland for Galaxy's Edge in early July and sneak the Celebration report into that
Did you see the Tiki Drink set they are going to be selling at Celebration!?!?! I want a set sooooo bad!!!!

We finally booked our trip from August 10-18. When it gets closer if you're up for it maybe we can meet up Sunday in MK before we leave.
Man, that is all we overlap by. Boo. DEF have to meet up on Sunday! Where are you guys going to stay? Shades of Green?

Let me know what you end up doing. We need to rent a car down there too to drive to Savannah for a few days but I haven't had a chance to look into it yet.
I think we will go with the Car Care on property. Especially since we will only need it for the day.

Man, that is all we overlap by. Boo. DEF have to meet up on Sunday! Where are you guys going to stay? Shades of Green?

We are at Caribbean Beach. We didn't like the transportation at Shades of Green and Jason had enough of all the security procedures which changed daily depending on who was working. I'm used to it at work, but he was highly annoyed by it all.

Has anyone rented a car on property? How hard / easy was it?

I am all super crazy behind here. BUT here our are car experiences so far: Disney Car Care on our honeymoon, an Alamo shuttle picked us up from BLT. But they were later than they said to be ready by and went to several other hotels, sooo it kinda felt like ME. I think you could Uber there instead if you wanted, which we would have tried had we realized how much faster it would be.

We are renting a car to drive from WDW down to Port Canaveral for our cruise this summer. Granted it is a one way, few hour rental... but renting from Alamo at the Dolphin was 1/3 of the price Disney Car Care wanted. I always compare Dolphin and DS car rental locations with Disney Car Care, since we would probably uber to the rental desk anyways :) We just tend to end up with Alamo because they usually have the best price for what we're looking for.

We are renting a car to drive from WDW down to Port Canaveral for our cruise this summer. Granted it is a one way, few hour rental... but renting from Alamo at the Dolphin was 1/3 of the price Disney Car Care wanted. I always compare Dolphin and DS car rental locations with Disney Car Care, since we would probably uber to the rental desk anyways :) We just tend to end up with Alamo because they usually have the best price for what we're looking for.

Thanks so much. I had no idea the Dolphin even had a rental car place. I'll definitely look into that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter