Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

Friday: (Black Friday)
Park: Resort Hop / EPCOT for dinner or Magic Kingdom for dinner? Hollywood Studios for Jingle Bell Jingle Bam?
Crowd Level: All 9 out of 10 or 10 out of 10
Dinner Reservation: New Space Restaurant? Liberty Tree Tavern?

• I assume we would be able to get into Magic Kingdom Black Friday, if we had a dinner reservation?
  • I was thinking EPCOT might be more tollerable at a high crowd level then Magic Kingdom?
  • This might be the only time that we can see Hollywood Studios at night...
  • Either way, I think we would go to eat dinner and use any fast passes we happen to have
I would probably do DHS. The Christmas projections and lights are very nice!
Dinner Reservation: What do you think? There are so many sit down restaurants in EPCOT that we haven't tried, we are open to almost all of them!
  • There will be food booths for the International Festival of the Holidays. We could def do that for Lunch.
I’m considering Biergarten for pre-NYE because it looks like they have lovely Christmas decorations. Something about Bavaria also screams holidays for me! And they have live music, so that’s a plus?

It's got to be frustrating to plan with someone who isn't on the same page as you.

If you can't get feedback from her, I'd just book what you think is best. When she's ready to discuss, you can see what's available. If pickings are slim, then at least you'll have something to fall back on.
Thanks! I know. And I don't totally blame my friends, I mean when else do you need to plan this far in advance! I just know with the holiday and the # of people it might be tough to get some!

I know the feeling of being frustrated trying to plan with people who aren’t giving you their opinions! Then they offer you their opinions later on and it’s too late because the reservations are gone! I say make the reservations you think you’ll want even if you’re not sure and then cancel later if you need to
I def decided that is what I am going to do!

I would probably do DHS. The Christmas projections and lights are very nice!
I do think I am leaning towards this... But then were to eat?

I’m considering Biergarten for pre-NYE because it looks like they have lovely Christmas decorations. Something about Bavaria also screams holidays for me! And they have live music, so that’s a plus?
Hmmm That might be fun! We have never done it mostly because the food doesn't really appeal to me. But I think the girls would have more fun in there with the L's boys with them.

think the perfect timing would be 4 months before? Or even 3 months. Anyway...
Or how about 5 minutes :earboy2:

At least the August trip, we kind of figured that out. Fast Passes are coming up for that not sure how we are going to coordinate that!
Let me know what you are thinking for FP's that Sunday we overlap when you get a chance and we'll follow suit since I of course have done nothing for our trip yet

What do you guys think about Tusker House and Skipper Canteen? I should still be able to get those a few weeks later? Right?
I can't speak to what a party of 7 will do, but we usually book Skippers day of so I don't think you will have any trouble there. I'd probably go ahead and book Tusker House to be on the safe side though. We actually like a late breakfast reservation - like around 1045 - so you pay breakfast prices and get to sample both breakfast and lunch options.

Well, I did it! I went ahead and booked a leading reservation. And grabbed some dinning! Well, so far just 2 things...

I was mostly worried about getting Storybook Dinning at Artist Point. I grabbed a 6:10 reservation. I have planned for us to be at Magic Kingdom that day. And the park closes at 6:00 for the Christmas Party. I figure we can spend the whole day at the park and then take the boat over to Wilderness Lodge for dinner.

I didn't book far enough out to do my whole trip. But I decided to book an Ohana reservation for the arrival day for the L's. They will get in around noon-ish. So, I am thinking we can meet them at Magic Kingdom, do a few things. Then leave for dinner at Ohana, then head back into the park for more rides and maybe do the Dessert Party? So, I grabbed a 5:10 Ohana reservation!

Those really are the two I am most worried about and probably the 2 that will def not be available later.

I do want to grab something for us, for Black Friday. The parks will be busy still with Thanksgiving crowds. But I am not sure what yet. I am thinking of doing resort hopping to see all of the holiday decorations at the resorts.

I think we will want to see the resorts on the monorail loop and then the ones over at the Boardwalk. So, we could eat pretty much at any of those hotels! But it's too many choices...

I was thinking LIberty Tree Tavern, since we have never been and the food is holiday feeling. But would we be able to get into Magic Kingdom at lunch time?
Or maybe we start with breakfast somewhere... Maybe the Bon Voyage Breakfast while we are seeing those resorts?

-------------------------------

Or how about 5 minutes :earboy2:
You know, I feel like there should be some reservations held back for day of. There are times where I am glad I have everything planned out and then there are times that we want to change what we are doing. And sometimes you just can't!

Let me know what you are thinking for FP's that Sunday we overlap when you get a chance and we'll follow suit since I of course have done nothing for our trip yet
I will def let you know! We are inching closer and closer to that, aren't we!

I can't speak to what a party of 7 will do, but we usually book Skippers day of so I don't think you will have any trouble there. I'd probably go ahead and book Tusker House to be on the safe side though. We actually like a late breakfast reservation - like around 1045 - so you pay breakfast prices and get to sample both breakfast and lunch options.
For Tusker House, that is def what I am hoping for. I just need to find out our flight info first...

I do think I am leaning towards this... But then were to eat?
Hmm, maybe Brown Derby? Or Docking Bay 7?
I was thinking LIberty Tree Tavern, since we have never been and the food is holiday feeling. But would we be able to get into Magic Kingdom at lunch time?
I don’t think you will have a problem. I don’t think I’ve heard about MK capacity closures on Black Friday (just NYE, Christmas Day, July 4th, and sometimes Christmas week). And even then, for you to not be allowed entry would be a very rare occurrence. You would be an on-site guest, an AP, and have a dining reservation-all of which are allowed in until the end. (Which actually makes me think, maybe you should get an ADR for DHS on Thanksgiving Day just in case?)

Good News!!!!

I got my girlfriend to look at some stuff. And we made some plans! Woo Hoo!

She basically liked my plan ...... cause well, I am awsome!

Thursday - I am still not sure when we will be flying out. But if we are there, I grabbed a Liberty Tree Tavern @ 2:50. (There was no dinner options already!) I am thinking we will take a late flight out, if Andy wins that battle. But I figured I should grab it for now!
Friday - We are by ourselves, I am thinking EPCOT in the morning to do a few of the Santas, and then Hollywood Studios at night to do the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Dessert Party and fireworks. And see the projection show on Tower of Terror.
Saturday - If we get in super late on Thanksgiving, and decide not to go to EPCOT on Friday, we will do that in the AM before meeting the L's. The L's arrive lunch time/ mid afternoon, we have 5:45 dinner reservation for Skipper Canteen and plans to do the Dessert Party that night as well. Hopefully that will be a great way to kick off the trip for the L's!
Sunday - We are going to do Magic Kingdom all day and end with the Storybook Dinning @ 6:10.
Monday
- EPCOT day and we decided to snack and counter service out way around the world. There will also be the festival booths out as well. I figure if we decide we need a sit down meal, EPCOT is the best place to "wing" it.
Tuesday - Hollywood Studios in the morning and Christmas Party Night, and we decided on Ohana before heading into the park. I can't make that reservation yet, but am thinking maybe 5:00-5:30? The L's won't have park hoppers, so we will have to get in when they start letting party guest in, which I want to say is 7PM? I will have to double check that.
Wednesday - Animal Kingdom and hopefully we can do Tusker House lunch before we have to leave.

In other news.... I think I have finalized our August dinning!!!!

Saturday: Morimoto's with the @kastoney & family. (@kastoney - I was able to get a 6:00 reservation for us via the website, we can change/cancel it if need be. But I just grabbed it)
Sunday: Magic Kingdom: Sebastian's again with @kastoney & family.
Monday: Hollywood Studios: Homecomin'
Tuesday: Swim in the AM / MNSSHP - no dinning
Wendesday: Swim Day: Spice Road Table
Thursday: Animal Kingdom: Sannaa Lunch
Friday: Swim in the AM / EPCOT PM: Cape May Cafe Breakfast & La Hacianda Dinner
Saturday: Magic Kingdom: Skipper Canteen

I am SUPER excited about this line up. We are going to be eating well this trip!!!

Oh my goodness! It literally said 6/20 when I linked it :rotfl: SW is going to put us all in the madhouse! Especially since flights are usually cheapest when they drop! Definitely don't want to miss it! Thanks for the heads up!

I think the crazy date changes do have to do with the MAX 8 stuff, hopefully they just figure it out already! lol

I'm with you! My DH has a business trip to Anaheim in November (and guess who's tagging along :lovestruc) and then our whole family is going to the World right before Christmas. Southwest is definitely our best bet from Pittsburgh too (Spirit flies direct to Orlando now, but we still prefer SW). Our plan in December is to come home on Christmas Eve, but I'm wondering how crazy expensive those flights will be :scared:

I'm with you! My DH has a business trip to Anaheim in November (and guess who's tagging along :lovestruc) and then our whole family is going to the World right before Christmas. Southwest is definitely our best bet from Pittsburgh too (Spirit flies direct to Orlando now, but we still prefer SW). Our plan in December is to come home on Christmas Eve, but I'm wondering how crazy expensive those flights will be :scared:

Hopefully not too bad! lol

@missjackiemcg, @Cloe Colton, and @jdd - As of today, looks like Southwest still have Thursday as the release date!!! Fingers Crossed they don't change it again! I am getting anxious to get these tickets booked!

Hopefully they do just keep it! Although, I realized with them moving the date back up I'm missing out on 1,000 points for my SW cc because of the billing cycle :rotfl: but I think the 17k points I do have should HOPEFULLY be enough to at least get us there one way!

@Lesley Wake - You mentioned getting a dinning reservation for Docking Bay 7 before. Do you know if they are going to open it up for reservations? I have to start bulking up on my Galaxy's Edge for Disney World!

We would actually really like to eat there. And I just saw that the rumor is that the other ride might open in Late October/November.

I kind of forget that it is going to be open in December.... Which is weird cause I am super excitied about it!

@Lesley Wake - You mentioned getting a dinning reservation for Docking Bay 7 before. Do you know if they are going to open it up for reservations? I have to start bulking up on my Galaxy's Edge for Disney World!

We would actually really like to eat there. And I just saw that the rumor is that the other ride might open in Late October/November.

I kind of forget that it is going to be open in December.... Which is weird cause I am super excitied about it!
Unfortunately they value-engineered out the table service restaurant in SWGE. So Docking Bay 7 is just counter service. But at least they have mobile ordering!

Unfortunately they value-engineered out the table service restaurant in SWGE. So Docking Bay 7 is just counter service. But at least they have mobile ordering!
That is what I thought. I didn't think you could do any reservations, fast pass or dinning for Galaxy's Edge. (Which can we shorten that to GE, Galaxy's is hard to type)

I was just looking at the food, it looks good. At least in the pictures it looks good. Are you going to try any of the food in Disneyland this weekend? Anything you are looking to def try?

That is what I thought. I didn't think you could do any reservations, fast pass or dinning for Galaxy's Edge. (Which can we shorten that to GE, Galaxy's is hard to type)

I was just looking at the food, it looks good. At least in the pictures it looks good. Are you going to try any of the food in Disneyland this weekend? Anything you are looking to def try?
Of course! Probably the breakfast plate on Friday morning. Maybe shrimp noodle salad at lunchtime? Maybe the pot roast for dinner.
Then lunch on Saturday (fried chicken?). And dinner the following week (ronto roasters)! Of course I will need to get both types of milk!

I have a checklist! Also for the drinks at Oga's, though with the reported 1-hour wait times, I will probably end up always ordering 2 drinks at once (one alcoholic, one non-alcoholic)!

@missjackiemcg, @Cloe Colton, and @jdd - As of today, looks like Southwest still have Thursday as the release date!!! Fingers Crossed they don't change it again! I am getting anxious to get these tickets booked!

Hmm, website is still showing dates through November 2nd, and the release date still shows today, 5/30. Wonder what time that will happen?? I'm really anxious too!

Hmm, website is still showing dates through November 2nd, and the release date still shows today, 5/30. Wonder what time that will happen?? I'm really anxious too!
I Know!!!! I got up and the first thing I did was check. Same thing... I have never stalked Southwest this specifically. Wonder if they release them at a certain time? 9:00 AM?

I Know!!!! I got up and the first thing I did was check. Same thing... I have never stalked Southwest this specifically. Wonder if they release them at a certain time? 9:00 AM?

Of course, I'll be at work by then :sad2: Yes, I don't ever remember waiting for flight schedules to come out before. Although I am waiting for the park hours to be released for December too!

@StarWarsMomofGirls!
@missjackiemcg @jdd I'm not seeing anything either. I wonder if it is still supposed to be 6/20? Because when I google the release date, thats what shows up in the google searches but then switched to 5/30 once you open the website. I definitely feel like the last time there was a release the flights were up pretty early

I'm not seeing anything either. I wonder if it is still supposed to be 6/20? Because when I google the release date, thats what shows up in the google searches but then switched to 5/30 once you open the website. I definitely feel like the last time there was a release the flights were up pretty early
Seriously if it is 6/20 I might cry... I don't know if I can wait that long... Ugh....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!