Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

Hello Everyone!!!

We are back from our trip and it was AMAZING!!!! We had a great time. And now I feel like I am behind on Christmas! Trying to get gifts ordered and all that good stuff.

The crazy thing? I had to make our fast passes for our last trip yesterday! It was crazy and bitter sweet, as it will be our last trip for awhile. It is a nice long length again, so that makes it feel more relaxed than this trip was. We went hard this trip! I pretty much changed all of our plans for February, as well!

The biggest change was that I changed our second half of the reservation from Animal Kingdom to the Rivera! Andy loved the Skyliner this trip and wanted to stay there the whole time but the only thing available was pirate rooms. And double beds are a hard no for us. With the annual pass discount they are offering, it wasn't too bad.

I am kind of excitied about this. We are doing Thursday - Sunday here. And I figure by that part of the trip, we will be ready to do more half days in the park. We could kind of see the slide from the Skyliner station, and it looks like fun. So, we will see!

I officially trimmed the French Quarter reservation, so we are DEF staying at Rivera!
That will be fun! Those rooms look so nice and spacious, plus each of the girls will have their own bed!

Hopefully, we will be able to order off the "Not So Secret" Menu and get these beauties!!!!
We were able to. These are amazing!!!!

These guys are patently waiting for the big reveal...
Adorable!!!!

I officially trimmed the French Quarter reservation, so we are DEF staying at Rivera!
Jealous. This resort looks awesome!

I fell soooo far behind. I'm not receiving any notifications anymore...I can't wait to hear about your latest trip!!!!

Hello Everyone!!!

I hope everyone had/having a good holiday! I am exhausted from all of it. I feel like I am only now coming out of my haze!

I need to go through all of my pictures from this past trip and make some notes before I forget everything. Oh, and finish my May Trip Report so, I can start August and December! The good thing, is I will have plenty of trip report to relive after this last trip. As it will be our last on these Annual Passes! So, it will be the last for a little while.

So, has anyone seen the "drama" around the pull down beds at Riviera? At first, I was like, ok, Morgan and Gwen will just have to use the pull down bed. No big deal. Gwen loves the trundle beds but she will get over it. But now, they put signs on the pull down beds now as well! What a mess! I am just hoping they figure something out before we get there! That room is way to $$$ for the girls to be sleeping on a mattress on the floor! (That is what they were having some guests do on Christmas) 🎄 Probably because they were too full to move people. But still, yikes!

I have to take a look at our plans. I have been ALL over the place with this trip. It's a mix of trying to just go with the flow with this trip and also squeeze in any last hurrah restaurants and stuff. Oh and of course, not planning this trip properly hasn't helped either. Hopefully I will be back with a review of our plans as they stand now!

What a mess! I am just hoping they figure something out before we get there! That room is way to $$$ for the girls to be sleeping on a mattress on the floor! (That is what they were having some guests do on Christmas) 🎄 Probably because they were too full to move people. But still, yikes!
I know, honestly!!! I was shocked at the price tags for these rooms and to have to sleep on the floor is UNACCEPTABLE!!! I really hope they figure something out before your arrival or I'd be asking to be compensated!!!!

know, honestly!!! I was shocked at the price tags for these rooms and to have to sleep on the floor is UNACCEPTABLE!!! I really hope they figure something out before your arrival or I'd be asking to be compensated!!!!
Yeah, I will probably call as we get closer, if it looks like they are still not using them. Our room only has a queen bed in it. They would need to move us to another resort, or upgrade our room type. But even then, a one bedroom is still a pull down bed. You have to think they are going to try and figure this out ASAP! It is a huge problem for that resort.

Yes, definitely!!!! Honestly, Joe and I want to stay here soooo bad, but seeing that the studios have a sleeper sofa just doesn't work for us, not at that price point...
I'm sure they will get it all resolved, or they are going to have to refund, upgrade etc many guests...
The deluxe Studios have a queen bed and a pull down bed. Well, I will let you know how it is, as long as the fix the issue by Feb!

Hi Everyone!

I have sat down many times to write up a summary of our February trip. And I just haven't been feeling it! Maybe I have trip planning too-much-planning-itis.... Probably just still overload from the holidays.

We packed up all of the Christmas stuff today and Andy and I were talking about how the girls were in full on tween I don't care mode this year. And I think that hasn't helped me.

BUT I am here to try and put some pencil to paper, as we are 34 days away! yikes! Hard to believe!

So, Meals... (because food is the most important, right?)

Saturday:
The Le Cellier Steakhouse - We have never been here, so this will be new to us and I think Morgan will love the filet.
Sunday: The Plaza Inn - I really liked it here last time we ate here, and well, there just really isn't many choices in Magic Kingdom. And I wanted to do something different than Skipper Canteen.
Monday: Sanaa - Bread Service!!!!! Need I say more?
Tuesday: Homecomin' - I can't wait to go back!!! I already know what I will be getting!
Wednesday: We are in Magic Kingdom again today. And I am thinking maybe we would go to Disney Springs when we are done. And take the boat back to French Quarter?
Thursday: San Angel Inn - I know this place doesn't get the best reviews but I want to give it a try. And it will be fun to eat in there, at least once.
Friday: Tokyo Dinning - This is Valentine's Day, and I have gone back and forth with where to eat. And I had Jiko for us when I thought we were at Animal Kingdom Lodge, but when we switched I didn't want to go all the way out there. I wanted something closer to our hotel. So, Tokyo Dinning is where we are at the moment. But I am not completely sold on it.
Saturday: Beaches and Cream - this was Gwen's one request. I was able to grab a lunch reservation for us.
Sunday: Liberty Tree Tavern - Also new to us! We have never actually eaten here. Lunch actually appeals more to me than the all you care to eat dinner.

If Disney ever announces the Space Restaurant, and it opens while we are there, I will probably try for that and replace one of our EPCOT meals. Maybe Valentine's Day? Nothing says love like going into space!

Park Day Planning...

Saturday: EPCOT - I am sure we will be a little tried from flying in late the night before, which will be fine. I never feel like we need to rush out for rope drop to EPCOT. But we will hopefully get to try some Festival of Arts stuff.
Sunday: Magic Kingdom - I wanted us to get lots of MK time in before it gets too too busy. According to Touring Plans, this will be the least crowded day for the whole trip.
Monday: Animal Kingdom - AK ends up in the middle to end of our week for some reason. So, I wanted to have it earlier when we have more energy.
Tuesday: Hollywood Studios - I am hoping and praying that the crowds die down just a tad and we can get a boarding group to ride Rise of Resistance today before we have to head to dinner.
Wednesday: Magic Kingdom - Again, I wanted to get in a day at MK before it gets crazy busy, like Splash Mountain Fast Pass line wrapping outside the ride and back again.... (@Lesley Wake - Knows that I am talking about) I am sure it will be busy the whole time, but I am gearing up for super busy from Friday on.
Thursday: Magic Kingdom - And again, to cram in the last of our MK love! I have us heading to EPCOT via monorail for dinner. And then Skyliner back to the hotel after!
Friday: EPCOT - We will be at Riveria by now. So, I think we will swim in the morning and relax and head to EPCOT for some last Festival of Arts stuff and dinner via Skyliner!
Saturday: Hollywood Studios - I think the plan will be to get to the park early as we need to, to get on Rise one more time, and then go back to the hotel relax and swim.
Sunday: Magic Kingdom - This will be our last day, and I couldn't NOT have us go to MK. We will just have to brave the crowds today. (Monday is President's Day)

Fast Passes...

Let's just say that I basically did fast passes most days starting around 10:00. And I did try to have at least something later on Sunday that we are leaving, so at least we have something with the crowds.

Tinkerbell Gifts...

I am really not sure what I am going to do. Gwen didn't like most of the shirts I picked out for our December trip. And they are over the pins... But I will have to figure something out, as I know Gwen does love getting them each morning. Maybe I will do shirts, Morgan wears them all the time, so at least one of them like them...

Great planning. I love all your dining choices, especially Homecomin' and Beaches and Cream. We're finally giving the icecream joint a try in March. Can you believe we have never eaten inside before???

I can't believe you just got back and have another trip right around the corner! Sounds smart to take it a little slower though since you were so go, go, go last time.

We are fans of Tokyo Dining. Its nothing particularly different than we could get at home but I think their sushi is really good as is the tempura. Plus if you can get a window seat its great to watch the world showcase go by.

What's going on with the beds at Riveria? Are the pull downs not working????

What's going on with the beds at Riveria? Are the pull downs not working????
On opening night a trundle bed fell off the wall with someone sleeping in it! So, they had signs up to not sue them. And then a couple weeks later, they did the same for the pull down beds, which for some rooms is half of the sleep ing space!

We are fans of Tokyo Dining. Its nothing particularly different than we could get at home but I think their sushi is really good as is the tempura. Plus if you can get a window seat its great to watch the world showcase go by.
Good to know. I couldn't remember if you guys liked it. We love sushi so that will be good. Plus hte girls have recently discovered ramen. So, I figured that would be perfect! I think we need to try Jiko without the girls. The food would be wasted on them.

Friday: Tokyo Dinning - This is Valentine's Day, and I have gone back and forth with where to eat. And I had Jiko for us when I thought we were at Animal Kingdom Lodge, but when we switched I didn't want to go all the way out there. I wanted something closer to our hotel. So, Tokyo Dinning is where we are at the moment. But I am not completely sold on it.
Yeah, I prob wouldn't bother with Tokyo Dining - it's overpriced for what you get. How about Topolino Terrace? I really liked it (enough that I went back and ate at the bar another night on my trip), and won't you be at Riveria by then? Space 220 would also be a good option and I've heard rumors it could be opening around Valentines Day!

Again, I wanted to get in a day at MK before it gets crazy busy, like Splash Mountain Fast Pass line wrapping outside the ride and back again.... (@Lesley Wake - Knows that I am talking about)
Unfortunately I know exactly... Ugh!

On opening night a trundle bed fell off the wall with someone sleeping in it! So, they had signs up to not sue them. And then a couple weeks later, they did the same for the pull down beds, which for some rooms is half of the sleep ing space!
That's crazy but also seems excessive to not let you use them all! Especially since they have them all over property

Yeah, I prob wouldn't bother with Tokyo Dining - it's overpriced for what you get. How about Topolino Terrace? I really liked it (enough that I went back and ate at the bar another night on my trip), and won't you be at Riveria by then? Space 220 would also be a good option and I've heard rumors it could be opening around Valentines Day!
I am hoping Space 220 is open but who knows at this point. I would love to squeeze in at least one new thing this trip. Because, like you I don't think we will be back to Disney World till 2021. And I am not sure when in 2021.

That's crazy but also seems excessive to not let you use them all! Especially since they have them all over property
Right? The picture of it was pretty back. It looked like that particular one, was screwed in with 2 screws. It was bound to fall off no matter what.

HI!!!!!

Well, I feel a little like @Jenny Sanders! I changed our hotel AGAIN! I have been checking every once in awhile for an opening for Yacht Club. And every time I have checked all that was available was Club Level or suites. Which is NOT in our budget. But today... I checked and found Water View available for the same days I had us at Riveria!

I wasn't feel ing all warm and fuzzy about Riveria, between the pull down bed situation (which I think has been resolved, but still) and I have seen some comments about it not being super kid friendly. Plus the only reason I booked it, really was just to have use of the Skyliner.

So, I booked it!!!! I haven't cancelled the Riveria reservation yet, I have to tell Andy, as it is a little more, as Riveria was on the AP discount. But I think we will ALL be happier at Yacht Club! Between the pool and location, I think it is the way to finish off this AP year!

I also, put a request in to hold our mail while we are gone today. Along booking our parking reservation. We used a private parking company for the December Trip. It is worth the couple extra bucks a day, to know we have a spot waiting for us. And a bus to drop us off at our terminal immediately. And I ordered us some groceries from Garden Grocer! It felt good to get some "housekeeping" stuff done for the trip.

And I think between booking the Yacht Club and getting some of that stuff done, I am starting to actually get excited! Which is also why I think Yacht Club is the way to go for us!

I also took the girls yesterday to get new sneakers. Gwen was complaining her feet hurt in December, so I think she needed new ones! Buying new sneakers seems to now be part of the getting ready ritual.

I also buckled down and figured out Tinkerbell Gifts for this trip. I took advantage of the twice a year sale with Disney.

Friday:
PJ's - Always our first day, and the PJ's always get lots of use after the trip.
Untitled
Right: Are mine, I have a coffee mug with the same images on it!
Middle: Morgan's PJ bottoms, I need to order a tank top to go with it, as this is the pre-teen's new style
Left: Gwen's Marie Pj's
Saturday:
Check Lists of Must Do's for this trip - I have started a running list. As I read something or think of something... That will be an upcoming post, for suggestions, as each park isn't even.
Sunday: Coupon for 1 extra things - Since it is the last trip, I thought it would be nice to let them get "1" extra thing.
Monday: Shirts - Gwen is all into Lavender right now, so I am hoping she likes this shirt. (and I got it on sale) And well, Morgan will def love her shirt, that is a given!
Untitled
Tuesday:
Headband and scrunchies - I was semi-excited when I found these on Etsy... Morgan is all into headbands right now, and Gwen is loved scrunchies. So, it's perfect!
Untitled
Wednesday:
Stickers for the Girls to hand out - This one I am kind of proud about... The girls are big on stickers but I know most kids are! And the December Trip, someone gave us a balloon. We took pictures with it and promptly gave it away (as it was super annoying to carry). But the happiness it gave the kid Gwen gave it to was magical. So, I thought this was a small way to spread some magic!
Untitled
Thursday:
Food Shirts - Well 2 snack shirts and a rides shirt....
Untitled
Right: Morgan's Shirt
Middle: Gwen's Shirt
Left: My Shirt
Friday:
Valentine's Day Shirts - I ordered these from Target, The red one is Morgan's and it looks a little long. So, I ordered the size down. And then I found another version with Stich, so I ordered that for Gwen and then I ordered the pink one in the Plus XXXL hoping that maybe it will fit me. (as it is a kids shirt) We will see. If not, I will just return it with the other wrong sized items.
Untitled
Saturday:
Baithing Suits - I really tried to find things that will get use after, and new bathing suits just made sense, Morgan probably needs all new ones anyway.
Untitled
Untitled
Sunday:
Blankets for the ride home - these I got on sale for $6 a piece! Blankets are a "HOT" think in our house these days. So, I am sure these will be great for the plane ride home, as it will be a LATE flight!
Untitled

Well, I feel a little like @Jenny Sanders! I changed our hotel AGAIN! I have been checking every once in awhile for an opening for Yacht Club. And every time I have checked all that was available was Club Level or suites. Which is NOT in our budget. But today... I checked and found Water View available for the same days I had us at Riveria!
LOL!!! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!