Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

I'm so happy it all worked out with Gwen's test! I can only imagine how excited she'll be once she finds out shes heading to Disney after a test like that!

Have an amazing trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!

I'm so glad our paths crossed so we got to meet your beautiful family at DHS and that we got to spend some time together around World Showcase! Can't wait to hear all about the rest of your trip :)

Hello Everyone!!!

We are back and trying to get to reality by finishing up Gwen's standardized testing, getting some cavities filled and going to Gwen' 3rd Grade concert tonight! Needless to say, we are busy busy after coming back.

I do plan to do a real trip report eventually but I think I want to finish my February trip first.

I will say that our flight down ended up getting delayed, so we were able to pick the girls up a half an hour later. And Gwen was able to finish her test for that day. Of course, the delayed flight made our plans for that evening go out the window. But we made it and had a great trip! And Morgan was SUPER surprised and excitied. And almost over whelmed by the whole thing.

I need to come back and give an update on our August trip and kick off the December trip, as I have dinning reservations to book soon!

Glad you guys had a great trip and everything worked out with Gwen's test! Good thing you didn't keep her out or you would have been really annoyed! lol

Can't wait to hear all about it!

I'm so glad we ran into each other!! I was thinking I remembered to ask if Gwen finished up her test, but totally didn't remember to ask how Morgan liked her birthday surprise!!! Can't wait to hear how that all went :)

Welcome back! Glad the timing worked out with the testing and the surprise went well!
Glad you guys had a great trip and everything worked out with Gwen's test! Good thing you didn't keep her out or you would have been really annoyed! lol

Can't wait to hear all about it!
Thanks! I need to write out my notes before I forget everything!

I'm so glad we ran into each other!! I was thinking I remembered to ask if Gwen finished up her test, but totally didn't remember to ask how Morgan liked her birthday surprise!!! Can't wait to hear how that all went :)
I dod that all the time. I think I need to ask about something and then 2 days later, I realize I never asked. HA!

So glad you all had a great time! Excited to hear all about it! :goodvibes So glad everything worked out with the testing, too. :thumbsup2

August Trip Updates!

I am not even sure what the last thing I updated about the August trip so, forgive me if I repeat myself.

I think the big thing that came out of this past trip was that there were 2 people in our family that don't deal with the heat very well. Soooo, I def think we will be trying to hit the parks first thing in the morning, and then heading back and swimming and relaxing. Possibly even just head into a park in the evening.

So, Saturday, (our first day) I am pretty sure we are going to go visit my grandparents. I was inspired by @disneyAndi14's trip report and booked us a BOMA breakfast reservation @ 9:15.

I have wanted to try breakfast but going all the way over there first thing in the morning always seems like a pain. But I figured, we can pick up the rental car in the morning, park at Animal Kingdom Lodge, have a nice big breakfast and then make the drive south to see my grandparents.

Hopefully we can have a nice visit and get back to property at a reasonable time, and get the girls to bed at a decent time. Maybe a little night swimming?

Sunday will be our first park day. And hopefully we will be spending a good portion of the day with @kastoney and her family. If they can extend there trip by a day, I think we are going to try and do Hoop Dee Doo Review together!

Monday will be going to Hollywood Studios. Andy's sister and family will be there as well. I am not sure what there plan will be exactly but I def think we will try and get there early, do the rides we want to do. Hopefully I can get on Tower of Terror, as Morgan doesn't like it, so usually someone has to sit it out. We did spend a decent amount of time at Hollywood Studios this trip and 2 days in Feb, so I think we will be good with coming doing a half day and being good.

I have a dinner reservation at Homecomin' for 4:10. I think that was the best I could get? Maybe? But Disney Springs for us has been eating and hitting just a few shops. We aren't a shoping family. maybe in a couple years, it will become a me and Gwen evening. She will be my shopping buddy one day.

Tuesday is the Halloween Party Night. I have Magic Kingdom for today but I am thinking maybe booking fast passes closer to the party time, and just spend the morning at the resort. Just go swim and rest. I don't have any dinning reservations, so we can play the day by ear.

The party starts at 7 and goes to midnight. And if we are going, I def want to stay the whole time. And I think we can as long as we rest during the day. I wasn't super excitied about the party so early in August, but I am looking forward to the new fireworks show that they announced. And hopefully we will be able to meet up with @Tracy161 during the party!

Hmm, maybe we go to Animal Kingdom for a quick stop. I know the girls will want to ride Kali River Rapids. We could grab Kali and FOP fastpasses for first thing in the morning. Head back and rest and swim?

Wednesday we will be switching hotels. We will be moving over to the Yacht Club! We loved Yacht Club on Morgan's Birthday Trip! And I am so so so glad that we will be staying here again this trip! We loved the pool and I know that we will be totally be ok spending the day chilling. And so much so, that I need to make sure we have plenty of pool time the second half of this trip.

I do have a dinner reservation at Spice Road Table at 5:10. It will be an easy walk over, grab dinner and maybe dessert from France on the way out. Andy's family has dinner reservations at Ohana which we wanted to do with them but of course getting a reservation for 8 has been tricky.

Thursday I have us going to Animal Kingdom. Andy's family will be there as well. I have 2 dinning reservations for today, and I am thinking that I will cancel the breakfast. :( It is the Tratoria Al Fornia Rupunzel Breakfast. Which I would love to do again but I also have a Tucker House early lunch reservation that I think I want to keep. But then again, we might do Tusker House in December, so maybe not?

I would love to go to Sanaa again... And maybe lunch, I think Andy and I would enjoy the lunch menu a little better.

Friday we are meeting up with Andy's family in EPCOT in the evening. Originally I had us going to Hollywood Studios today again. I thought that Mickey & Minnie's Railway would be open by now and we would need an extra day to get on both Slinky Dog and the Railway. BUT that doesn't seem to be the case now. So, I am thinking that we might just swim again today.

We have dinner reservations with Andy's family at La Hacenda @ 8:15. They booked it at this time so they could watch Illuminations from the restaurant. They were able to add us to there reservation. And for us, that will be an easy walk back to the room.

i do have a Cape May Cafe Breakfast for this morning @ 8:05. I made it early thinking we would want to get into a park. I will keep it for now, it would be easy to go to, as it is in the hotel.

Saturday will be our last full day. I think Andy's sister and family leave that evening. But we will all be in Magic Kingdom together and we have a lunch reservation for all of us at Skipper Canteen @ 11:40. So, that will be a nice last thing to do together.

And then Sunday we leave UBER early.

Typing all of this out again, I need to check park times / extra magic hours / party days. I think I checked but at the time I think it was pretty generic times. My goal is to plan out this trip with lots of room to relax and change things but also get the right fast passes that we need.

Sounds like great plans for August. My sister and I went last year in August and we’re usually park open to close people & we just couldn’t do it cause of the heat so we did the same- went early from rope drop then back to the parks at night

Andi and I are doing the Halloween party and hope to spend time with Tracy as well!

We check out of YC the day you move in, :(! I’m sure we will meet up at the Halloween party, fun!

Your August plans sound great. Maybe I can just stick around and spend the week with you all :-) I'll let ya know later this week about the extra day. I did look though and Hoop is sold out for the 6 show and only has Tier 3 for the 4 and 8 shows. Not ideal as you sit in the balcony and are a bit removed from everything.

So, when I was writing that all up and going through my thoughts. I completely forgot about the idea of going to one of the water parks! Gwen mentioned it while we were there this past weekend.

I proably asked this already but is one better than the other? How long should I plan on us being there? Could we do it on the party day? That might be pushing it.

I really don't want to do it while we are at the Yacht Club. That seem silly... Or maybe on the day we switch hotels?

Also, I just booked us a Sanaa Lunch! I am thinking of dropping the Tusker House reservation. I think Andy will enjoy the lunch menu more. And i need some bread service! Ha!

Boerewors Braii
Grilled South African Sausage with Onion Jam and Confit Tomatoes served Open-faced on Traditional Naan with Sanaa Chips and Pickle Spear
Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 5.45.28 PM

Indian-style Bread Service
Choice of Five Breads and with all Nine Accompaniments - Traditional Naan, Garlic-Ginger Naan, Spiced Naan, Onion Kulcha, or Paneer Paratha. Accompaniments - Cucumber Raita, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Mango Chutney, Tomato-Date Jam, Tamarind Chutney, Coriander Chutney, Garlic Pickle, Red Chile Sambal, or Spicy Jalapeño-Lime Pickle

Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 5.42.41 PM

Hopefully Morgan will like the adult Shrimp dish. She enjoyed the kids version last time but will def need more!

Your August plans sound great. Maybe I can just stick around and spend the week with you all :-) I'll let ya know later this week about the extra day. I did look though and Hoop is sold out for the 6 show and only has Tier 3 for the 4 and 8 shows. Not ideal as you sit in the balcony and are a bit removed from everything.
Hmm... Yeah, Tier 3 isn't great. like you said we can text about it. Maybe Whispering Canyon? Only cause the girls would have fun with the antics? Or maybe we go to Disney Springs? Morimoto's? Also, if you can't extend a day, maybe we can plan on being back in time on Saturday to meet you guys for dinner somewhere?

I'm caught up again! Your August plans look great! So far I don't see much overlap in our plans, but maybe I'll manage to run into you at some point. :) I prefer Typhoon Lagoon for the theming, and the newest family tube slide is there kinda cool, but I think either waterpark is fun. I've heard that Blizzard Beach is preferred for families with littler ones, and Typhoon Lagoon for older kids/teens? But I have no kids, obviously, so I haven't been able to test that out! haha

I'm caught up again! Your August plans look great! So far I don't see much overlap in our plans, but maybe I'll manage to run into you at some point. :) I prefer Typhoon Lagoon for the theming, and the newest family tube slide is there kinda cool, but I think either waterpark is fun. I've heard that Blizzard Beach is preferred for families with littler ones, and Typhoon Lagoon for older kids/teens? But I have no kids, obviously, so I haven't been able to test that out! haha
Def let me know what your plans are. I would def want to meet up at least once!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter