Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

I felt like a crazy person!! I actually set my alarm for midnight and 5 a.m. today just to make sure I didn't miss it. When they weren't up either time, I was so annoyed!! I am cleaning up my classroom for the end of the year and just kept refreshing the page. I was so relieved when they finally opened up and I got booked. Sheesh! What a headache :)

Woohoo! I got my flights too - so excited! We're going 12/18 - 12/24, and the 12/24 flights were NOT pricey at all. They looked like regular Tuesday flight pricing. I'm so excited to be booked! Now I just need park hours, and DAH times for Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios during my trip - what do you think the chances are of that :rotfl:

I just saw!! Thanks!
I felt like a crazy person!! I actually set my alarm for midnight and 5 a.m. today just to make sure I didn't miss it. When they weren't up either time, I was so annoyed!! I am cleaning up my classroom for the end of the year and just kept refreshing the page. I was so relieved when they finally opened up and I got booked. Sheesh! What a headache :)
Woohoo! I got my flights too - so excited! We're going 12/18 - 12/24, and the 12/24 flights were NOT pricey at all. They looked like regular Tuesday flight pricing. I'm so excited to be booked! Now I just need park hours, and DAH times for Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios during my trip - what do you think the chances are of that :rotfl:
Team Work makes the Dream Work Ladies!!!!

So Updates on the December Trip

So, Southwest FINALLY released their flights! So, I was able to get out flights and now for sure when we were going!

So, we are flying out Black Friday on a 7:55 AM flight. The latest flight they had for Thanksgiving was 2:15. And Andy didn't want to do that. So, we went with the first flight out on Friday. We will land in Florida hopefully around 10:30 AM. Plenty of time to get to property and do something.

Hopefully, we can still do some resort hopping first and then head to Hollywood Studios at night to see the Holiday Stuff there at night.

And then we fly home on Thursday now! The middle of the week flights were either REALLY EARLY, smack in the middle of the day, and REALLY LATE. And smack in the middle of the day still equals no parks that day. So, I suggested that we leave Thursday mid day. So, that is what we are doing!

I also, was able to book our Ohana reservation for pre-party night. I got a 4:10 reservation. I know we can get in at 4:00 but we also want to go to Hollywood Studios that morning. So, I wanted to give time to enjoy it. But I also think that will give us enough time to enjoy dinner and not feel rushed to got to the party in time.

I also grabbed a Tusker House dinner our last full day. I oddly couldn't get lunch but that was fine, since we are staying the whole day!

But now that I type all of this... I wonder if I should switch Animal Kingdom for our party day and give Hollywood Studios a whole day. Then maybe we can do the Dessert Party with the L's... hmmm... And with Galaxy's Edge we might need a whole day. hmmm.

Congrats on getting your flights! That is always an exciting day and makes things so much more "real"! 7:55 AM on Black Friday...I guess you can shop all night and just head to the airport! hahaha (I'm definitely kidding!)

Yay for getting your flights! It's great that you will get there early enough on your first day to do something too!

Congrats on getting your flights! That is always an exciting day and makes things so much more "real"! 7:55 AM on Black Friday...I guess you can shop all night and just head to the airport! hahaha (I'm definitely kidding!)
Ha! Right? We are NOT big Black Friday Shoppers. In fact, we generally try to stay away. Maybe go out in the afternoon after the rush is over. But instead we have started the tradition of setting up the Christmas Tree and decorating on Black Friday. Which means I think, we might try to do an early Thanksgiving Dinner and set up the tree Thanksgiving night.

Yay for getting your flights! It's great that you will get there early enough on your first day to do something too!
It is a huge relief!

Glad to hear you got the flights. I just booked our for August. They have been crazy exepensive but one flight randomly lowered by almost $100 on Thursday so I grabbed it. Went right back up after that.

Happy Saturday Everyone!

We are gearing up for the school year to end and it is madness! The girls seem to have something at school every other day and they started summer swim team which practices EVERY day after school! And to make matters worse, Morgan moved up to the "big" kid group, so I am at the pool from 4:15 till 6:30 EVERY day.... Did I meantion that it was EVERY Day?!?!?

Basically I am just trying to survive the next 2 weeks!

So, much so that it occured to me last night that it is almost time to book fast passes for our August Trip! How did that happen?!?! It feels weird because the trip will be basically the end of the summer for us and we haven't really even STARTED summer.

I am in the process of buying the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Tickets. The website is being SUPER slow. But we have enough Disney Reward dollars to buy the party tickets. And it helps that it is early in the season, so the tickets with our annual pass discount are $74 for adults, so not too bad!

Other August updates.... I am leaving our first day open-ish. My grandfather is back on a down swing and I decided that we would go visit him if it sounds like they won't be able to to come up for my sisters wedding. But I don't think we will know till right before. So, we will have to play it by ear. That being said, a waterpark day is probably the best to plan that day. If we do go to visit, we will make sure we are back in time to keep our dinner plans with some special dis friends. Morimoto's!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The December Trip, we spent last Saturday hanging out with the L's. And I talked about the Hollywood Studios situation. And we agreed to swap days, to have a full day at Hollywood Studios! So, Tuesday, is the Christmas Party Night, so we will go to Animal Kingdom in the morning. I was able to book a Tusker House breakfast at 8:10 AM. Which I am excitied about. And then we have Ohana dinner at 4:10 PM. I booked 4:10, figuring 2 hours to eat without feeling rushed? And then time to get over to MK by 7:00 at the latest to start the party. I know we can get in earlier but If we want to make it for the whole party, any earlier, the girls might petter out.

And then Wendesday will be our last full day and it will be a Hollywood Studios day. This way we can do Galaxy's Edge in the morning and see the Christmas stuff that night as well. I was able to grab a 6:15 Sci-Fi Drive Inn Dinner reservation for us. Hopefully the kids will enjoy getting a car to themselves!

Actually, I am afraid that this December Trip will be ALOT of go go go and not enough rest for us, as I am trying to get ALL of the Christmas stuff in! I am hoping that the cooler weather will allow us to do everything!

Well, I think that is about it for now! Have a great weekend everyone!

We are gearing up for the school year to end and it is madness! The girls seem to have something at school every other day and they started summer swim team which practices EVERY day after school! And to make matters worse, Morgan moved up to the "big" kid group, so I am at the pool from 4:15 till 6:30 EVERY day.... Did I meantion that it was EVERY Day?!?!?

We've been out of school since May 22 here! I know things are different around the country, but this is always interesting to me. I'm in full summer mode for sure, which means my trip report actually gets updated!

I was able to book a Tusker House breakfast at 8:10 AM. Which I am excitied about. And then we have Ohana dinner at 4:10 PM. I booked 4:10, figuring 2 hours to eat without feeling rushed? And then time to get over to MK by 7:00 at the latest to start the party. I know we can get in earlier but If we want to make it for the whole party, any earlier, the girls might petter out.

I think this is good scheduling. When we do 'Ohana we like the 4:00 time frame and we usually just have a nice breakfast that day and then go there for an early dinner. It is certainly plenty of food! I think your timing will work out just fine getting over to the party! I mean if it's me I usually just have to schedule time to go back to the resort after 'Ohana. I can't usually do much walking after that kind of business!

And then Wendesday will be our last full day and it will be a Hollywood Studios day. This way we can do Galaxy's Edge in the morning and see the Christmas stuff that night as well. I was able to grab a 6:15 Sci-Fi Drive Inn Dinner reservation for us. Hopefully the kids will enjoy getting a car to themselves!

Love Sci Fi!!!!!

We've been out of school since May 22 here! I know things are different around the country, but this is always interesting to me. I'm in full summer mode for sure, which means my trip report actually gets updated!
I know, me too! It seems so strange to have such different schedules. I guess the south needed to harvest sooner than the north. Just strange that it has never been changed over time.

Love Sci Fi!!!!!
I think I like this place the most in our family. The girls def like it. But this past time I think the girls kind of “got” the clips they show and were kind of confused... ha.

Good luck surviving the last few weeks of school. Casey gets out this Thursday and then we start camp-a-palooza!

Our FP day is Tuesday and of course I have no semblance of plans other than what we're doing together. Also have to be at work by 7 that day so I can leave early for Casey's school party then have gymnastics that night so no clue when I'll actually have time to get on the computer. But I'll touch base to see what you are thinking for Sunday.

Good luck surviving the last few weeks of school. Casey gets out this Thursday and then we start camp-a-palooza!

Our FP day is Tuesday and of course I have no semblance of plans other than what we're doing together. Also have to be at work by 7 that day so I can leave early for Casey's school party then have gymnastics that night so no clue when I'll actually have time to get on the computer. But I'll touch base to see what you are thinking for Sunday.
Yup. Camp-a-palooza for the girls as well. It always stresses me out!

Of course Fast Pass day is a busy day! Blek!

Morgan picked Big Thunder Mountain & Gwen picked Space Mountain for Tuesday Fast Passes. I told Gwen she HAD to go on whatever Casey picked.

Let me know where you decide to go Saturday, just in case we decide not to do the water park...

Sounds like some great plans!! It always eases the sting of buying party tickets when you get the AP discount and have some Disney rewards to use!

Probably a good call switching DAK and DHS for December. DHS definitely needs a bit of time for the decorations and I'm sure SWGE will need some time! haha

I think the 4:10 Ohana will be nice. I have to be honest, I am not a fan of the three early hours before parties because the crowds end up just being crazy. We waited far too long for the fastpasses we did have prior to the Christmas party that I don't know if I'll go in right at 4 anymore for the parties! So thats a good call!

Hello Everyone!!! Happy Saturday.

We are lounging this morning. We were to be rushing out first thing this morning for the girls Time Trials for Swim Team but we woke up to a few emails about the pool being broken! So, now we have till 10:00 and have to go to a whole different pool club!

We are also headed up to spend the afternoon/evening with Andy's family. For Andy's mom's birthday we said we would do formal photos. So, we have to go up and do that today as well. But the good news is we will see the C's and be able to talk a little about the fast passes and what not. The problem... Andy's mom HATES it when we talk Disney. 🙄

My fast pass day is quickly arriving!!! Monday is Fast Pass day for us! But I realized that I might have 2 fast pass days.... Grrr.

Since August is a split stay, and with the new "rules" I am not sure if I can book the weeks worth on Monday or not. @Lesley Wake, I know you know!

Also, I need to see how we want to coordinate fast passes with Andy's Sister's Fam. (Which I really should just start calling the C's it will be easier) We are getting there 2 days earlier, so I am thinking that I will make ours and just send her our fast passes and just hope they can get overlapping times. I don't think we will want to do ALL the same fastpasses. But def some! I know we can link our accounts and one of us can make all of the fast passes, but I don't know if I am ready for that level of "family-ness"!

Also, I need to find out what @kastoney ended up getting for our MK day! We decided to let each kid pick one ride. Morgan picked Big Thunder Mountain, and Gwen picked Space. And I think Casey picked "all the rollercoasters". (Gwen and Casey can now text each other, so it's a weird world now. It's like a modern version of penpals or something)

------------------------------------

Also, @kastoney, FYI, Gwen really really really wants to try the new bacon dessert, THE TEMPLE OF BACON, at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar. Have you seen this?!?

Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 7.35.08 AM
They bring it out under this dome filled with smoke...

Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 7.35.16 AM
And release the smoke at the table. Which Gwen has requested already that I video tape this happening...

Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 7.35.23 AM
And then the glorious chocolate covered bacon!

I am assuming we can try and hit this up either before or after our Morimoto reservation on the first Saturday. Maybe before, Gwen is always happier with food in her belly at dinner. And the adults can have a pre-dinner drink as well!

I have to say, this place is always switching up the menu and just looking at the other food options, there are some yummy things I wouldn't mind trying!

------------------------------------

And the last item, is that I need to get my family to decide / agree on whether we are doing a water park or not. Our annual passes don't include it, so we would have to pay out of pocket for it. Which kind of makes me not want to do it. But I then think if we are ever going to try it, this would be the time to go.

And to make matters worse, Gwen wants to go but Morgan doesn't! I was thinking of doing Animal Kingdom as a back up option... Gwen loves Kali River Run and it has been closed the last couple trips. Plus the day we go, I have Sanaa lunch at 1:15. So, I am thinking that might be a half day trip.

Ok, the more I type this stuff, the more I realize I need to figure this stuff out for Fast Passes! Especially for Animal Kingdom! Flight of Passage Fast Passes is a MUST!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter