Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

We were to be rushing out first thing this morning for the girls Time Trials for Swim Team but we woke up to a few emails about the pool being broken! So, now we have till 10:00 and have to go to a whole different pool club!

While I'm sure it's a headache for all of the planners involved, that sounds like a lovely surprise to wake up to for you.

I know we can link our accounts and one of us can make all of the fast passes, but I don't know if I am ready for that level of "family-ness"!

What about photopass? If they are all linked to at least one of your accounts with the AP, then you can access and download all of their PP shots for free. That's a pretty big benefit of subjecting yourselves to that level of "family-ness".

What about photopass? If they are all linked to at least one of your accounts with the AP, then you can access and download all of their PP shots for free. That's a pretty big benefit of subjecting yourselves to that level of "family-ness".
I will ask today if they already purchased Memory Maker or not. I tried to tell the L's not to waste there money on it, as we could share all our pics. But my girlfriend purchased it anyway!

While I'm sure it's a headache for all of the planners involved, that sounds like a lovely surprise to wake up to for you.
It was and I def wouldn't want to be the folks in charge right now. I am not sure what they are going to do about practice this week!

My fast pass day is quickly arriving!!! Monday is Fast Pass day for us! But I realized that I might have 2 fast pass days.... Grrr.
Woohoo!!! We are getting close.

Also, I need to find out what @kastoney ended up getting for our MK day! We decided to let each kid pick one ride. Morgan picked Big Thunder Mountain, and Gwen picked Space. And I think Casey picked "all the rollercoasters". (Gwen and Casey can now text each other, so it's a weird world now. It's like a modern version of penpals or something)
Just texted ya. Casey picked splash!!! I had to look at her texts to see what your girls picked and their "modern penpal" world apparently meant that Casey sent pictures from the bath :confused3

Also, @kastoney, FYI, Gwen really really really wants to try the new bacon dessert, THE TEMPLE OF BACON, at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar. Have you seen this?!?

I had not seen it. Casey would love it, though I'm not sure how I'd feel about chocolate and bacon.

I am assuming we can try and hit this up either before or after our Morimoto reservation on the first Saturday. Maybe before, Gwen is always happier with food in her belly at dinner. And the adults can have a pre-dinner drink as well!
Pre-gaming is always good for me!

Since August is a split stay, and with the new "rules" I am not sure if I can book the weeks worth on Monday or not. @Lesley Wake, I know you know!
I think the split stay rolling window is back to normal so you should have 1 day. But Disney is known to change things at the drop of a hat!
We are getting there 2 days earlier, so I am thinking that I will make ours and just send her our fast passes and just hope they can get overlapping times.
I was going to recommend this but then read the rest of your paragraph! I mean it’s not the end of the world if you don’t do all your FPs together! And MDE does get cluttered when you start adding in all of your friends/family (I should know!)-plus you have to worry about them accidentally messing up your FPs!
Also, @kastoney, FYI, Gwen really really really wants to try the new bacon dessert, THE TEMPLE OF BACON, at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar. Have you seen this?!?
I showed that to Lauren-she wanted to make a trip to Florida just for it!
And the last item, is that I need to get my family to decide / agree on whether we are doing a water park or not. Our annual passes don't include it, so we would have to pay out of pocket for it. Which kind of makes me not want to do it. But I then think if we are ever going to try it, this would be the time to go.
Hmm, well you can always have a set of backup FPs and ADRs together, then really make up your mind when you guys are there?
Just texted ya. Casey picked splash!!! I had to look at her texts to see what your girls picked and their "modern penpal" world apparently meant that Casey sent pictures from the bath :confused3
Oh boy! I can’t even imagine what it would be like to be a kid and texting available!

Oh Boy! Gwen did meantion that one day Casey said she text'd that she was taking a bath. And she had this weird look on her face. That might be why! Ha!

Pre-gaming is always good for me!
Right? And we have dinner reservation options! I do like having some flexiblity. They had 4 fun non-alcholic drinks for the girls as well, which I think will make it even more fun.

I was going to recommend this but then read the rest of your paragraph! I mean it’s not the end of the world if you don’t do all your FPs together! And MDE does get cluttered when you start adding in all of your friends/family (I should know!)-plus you have to worry about them accidentally messing up your FPs!
I def don't think we will do everything together. I do want to talk to them, as I know Andy's sister doesn't do certain rides, so I might be able to pass a kid to hang with her here and there, which would be nice.

I showed that to Lauren-she wanted to make a trip to Florida just for it!
Ha! Morgan and Gwen never want to go to Disney Springs, and this might get them to not complain!

Hmm, well you can always have a set of backup FPs and ADRs together, then really make up your mind when you guys are there?
That is what I did! I grabbed Animal Kingdom Fast Passes!

Oh boy! I can’t even imagine what it would be like to be a kid and texting available!
It's alot of emojis to be honest!

Hello Everyone!

Happy Sunday! I feel like I say this everytime I write a post. But life has just been so busy! Work has picked up and end of the school year was BUSY!!!! But school is finally over! The girls finished with strong grades and are ready for the summer to start, for sure. But of course that means, that summer camp starts tomorrow! So, I have to get my act together and make sure they have camp backpack, sneakers, water bottle all those good things, that I used to have ready weeks in advance and now seem to do at the last minute ALL the time now!

We are going to see Toy Story 4 this afternoon, and I can't wait. I might be more excitied than the girls.

------------------------------------------------------

So, let's get to the updates! And there are alot!!!

August Trip:
First off, the BIGGEST, is this tiny little announcement about Annual Passholder Previews for Galaxy's Edge!!! I have been stalking the dis thread for when they announce some REAL information. I am really really really hoping the timing works out and we can grab a slot while we were there. It would be AMAZING!!!! Of course, they announced this literally after I made all our fast passes and really finailized our plans. BUT this is DEF worth moving EVERYTHING around for.

SATURDAY
So, on Father's Day, we had a nice breakfast and I finally got eveyone to talk about the trip a little. And we decided to go ahead and do a water park day. Andy's logic is who knows if we will do August again. (I have a BIG fear that Andy is going to be miserable in the heat) And really, weather wise, it just makes the most sense.

So, Sunday will be a water park day! We will be getitng in fairly late, so the 10:00 open will also work in our favor to not have to get up and go quiet so early. Although, I do want to be there before it opens, to hopefully be some of the first people in. Anyone know how early we should get there?

We are at Coronado for the first part, so I think we will just take a lyft there and back. I am still thinking Blizzard Beach but thinking, we can decided even that day.

That evening, we have plans to meet up with @kastoney & fam for dinner. We were going to Morimoto for dinner but Kari snagged us Hoop Dee Doo Review Tier 1 reservation for tonight! I think the girls will have a blast doing this together. And unlimited Sangria!! Hopefully this will be the first of 2 times I get to be part of the famous Tispy Notes!

We might use the Minnie Vans for this, at least one of the 2 ways. Since the extra cost totally makes sense to me since, they bring you all the way into the resort. Possibly, we can take the boat to MK and hop on 1 or 2 rides before heading back. MAYBE. But I do expect us to be tired from a day of water park fun.

SUNDAY
This will be Magic Kingdom Day and we will be spending a lot of the day with @kastoney and fam again, as this is there last day. Kari has there fast pass day earlier than us, and she made fast passes for them. And I was able to basically match her times! We did let the girls each pick a ride, and well, we ended up with the headliners, which works!

Big Thunder Mountain
10:10 - 11:10
Splash Mountain
11:15 - 12:15
Space Mountain
1:10 - 2:10

After the Space Fast Pass, we will probably head back to rest a bit at the resort.

And then we have a fairly early dinner reservations at Sebastian's @ Caribbean Beach with Kari and family. They are staying there, and I suggested we eat there, and then let the girls swim in the pool there while the adults enjoy another beverage or two at the pool bar there.

I am hoping that the first 2 days are fairly low key, well as low key as a trip to Disney can be....

MONDAY
This will be our first day trying to coordniate some time with the C's (Andy's sister's family)

So, I ended up doing a leading/overlapping reservation to start booking fast passes 2 days early. And I couldn't get Slinky Dog until 4:00 or 5:00 PM!!! That would have been 5 days into our trip! Ok, SDD is super fun, but really?!?! In August?!?!

At any rate, the overall plan is Rope Drop HS, head to Tower of Terror for those who want to ride. Then use our fast passes

Rock n' Rollercoaster
10:05 - 11:05
Toy Story Mania
11:15 - 12:15
Star Tours
1:00 - 2:00

We will try for a Slinky Dog as a 4th fast pass but if not, oh well. We have dinner reservations in Disney Springs at 4:10. So, depending on how we are feeling, we will head out after Star Tours and rest a bit at the hotel or hang around until it is time to head to Disney Springs.

We have dinner reservations at Homecomin' at 4:10 AM. Since we changed Morimoto to Hoop, we will def try and hit Jock LIndsay's maybe after for Gwen's Chocolate Bacon thing. And maybe Andy and I will try and get the Morimoto Ribs from the counter service window. I also would love to be able to try the Pineapple Frose that they have at Wine Bar George. But jsut typing that seems like a lot of food and drinks!

Depending on how long we wonder around DS maybe we can do some night swimming when we get back to the resort.

TUESDAY
Is Halloween Party Night. So, I booked MK fast passes for the morning, so we can go back and get a good rest before the party. I think the C's might stay all day, but there is no way we would last.

Peter Pan
9:10 - 10:10
Tomorrowland Speedway
10:30 - 11:30
Haunted Mansion
11:40 - 12:40

I feel weird booking a fast pass in the 9:00 am slot but I really want to get us out of there by 12:30 at the latest.

I saw the menu and a review of the new restaurant at Coronado, Three Bridges Bar & Grill. And it looks good! SO, I am hoping we can grab some food and drinks from there, swim a little and then rest in then rest in the room a bit.

And I think we will plan on getting to MK between 6-7. And then get our Halloween Party on!

WEDNESDAY
Today is a rest day and we are moving resorts! We will be leaving Coronado and moving over to Yacht Club!!! And I can't wait! We really love Yacht Club and it will be perfect with the hot summer weather.

I do hope to leave Coronado fairly early and move over to yacht so, we can get some good pool time in, and maybe even a nap today. I booked us dinner in EPCOT, as I knew we can easily walk over.

We have Spice Road @ 5:10, and I am looking forward to this! I want to try the I also grabbed us a fast pass for Frozen, since it is the only things in the World Showcase. I can't expect us to leave the world showcase at all.

THURSDAY
We are headed to Animal Kingdom today. Originally I was thinking we would only do the morning in AK but I just don't think it will be enough time to do everything.

Flight of Passage
9:35 - 10:35
Kali River Run
10:45 - 11:45
Everest
12:15 - 1:15

I know it will be a bit of back and forth but I am thinking if we can get there at Rope Drop, we can head to the Safai first. Gwen absolutely loves Kali, so I figured I should def get a fast pass for that.

We have a late lunch reservation at Sanaa that I DO NOT want to cancel!! I WANT... no ... NEED to have the bread service again. And I do think the lunch menu will be better for us. SO, I have a reservation for us at 2:10. So, I think we have enough time from our Everest fast pass to get to Sanaa as long as we go at the beginning of the window.

I also think that we will want to do the new drawing class out at Rafiki's Planet Watch. And I am thinking we will need to come back after lunch to fit this in. But I am hoping we can get a second FOP fast pass for the afternoon as well. Maybe we can do Kali again stand by? We will see!

FRIDAY
I am keeping this day fairly open again. The C's will be here all day and we have dinner reservations with them. But not till LATE. So, the plan in for a mostly pool day.

I do have a breakfast reservation at Cape May Cafe @ 8:05. I figure that it will be easy to just roll downstairs and over for breakfast. And then we can go throw on some swim suits and relax at the pool.

We have dinner reservations at 8:15 with La Hacenda with the C's. They planned it that way, so they could watch Illuminations from the restaurant. And they were able to add us to the reservation. This will be a VERY late dinner for the girls. And I might have to feed them dinner before this and just hope they want an app or something.

I did get us some fast passes for us, for the evening.

Figment
5:00 - 6:00
Test Track
6:10 - 7:10
Spaceship Earth
7:15 - 8:15

I am thinking realistically we will hit Test Track and Spaceship Earth early so, we can get over to dinner on time.

The girls haven't seen Illuminations yet and Andy and I only once. So, this will be nice. And we will be able to just scoot out the back way and walk back to the room, which will be great!

SATURDAY
Is our last full day. I booked our 1st fast pass for mid day, just in case we are slow moving on this last day. But we will be headed to MK today.

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
10:35 - 11:35
Big Thunder Mountain
12:55 - 1:55
Splash Mountain
2:!5 - 3:15

We have a lunch reservation with the C's at Skipper Canteen @ 11:40. Which we love, so I am glad we will get to eat here again. The C's have to leave at some point. And we will play it by ear whether we stay or go back to the resort.

We are leaving Sunday morning SUPER early (like prob 3 or 4 AM), so I am leaving it open.

So, this was a REALLY long post, but it helps to type it up and process all of it! Of course, like I said at the begining, if you even remember that part... But this may ALL change depending on whether what happens with AP Previews!

If I get to choose a day, I am not sure what day would be the best. Thoughts? But I am assuming I will get whatever we get. If anything at all.

If you read all the way through, THANKS!!!!

So, I have to get my act together and make sure they have camp backpack, sneakers, water bottle all those good things, that I used to have ready weeks in advance and now seem to do at the last minute ALL the time now!
Casey starts camp tomorrow too and all I've done is print out the forms. I don't think I'd know how to function if we didn't just do everything last minute.

First off, the BIGGEST, is this tiny little announcement about Annual Passholder Previews for Galaxy's Edge!!! I have been stalking the dis thread for when they announce some REAL information. I am really really really hoping the timing works out and we can grab a slot while we were there.
Oh I am so hoping for this too, for Jason's sake especially. I'm sure something will come out when I'm at work (and have no phone and limited internet connectivity) and we'll miss it. I was hoping for something this weekend but sadly no

That evening, we have plans to meet up with @kastoney & fam for dinner. We were going to Morimoto for dinner but Kari snagged us Hoop Dee Doo Review Tier 1 reservation for tonight! I think the girls will have a blast doing this together. And unlimited Sangria!! Hopefully this will be the first of 2 times I get to be part of the famous Tispy Notes!
This is gonna me so much fun. Bring on the pitchers of beer!!!

I am hoping that the first 2 days are fairly low key, well as low key as a trip to Disney can be....
Low key? You do know you are spending the first two days with me, right? :drinking1

We have dinner reservations at Homecomin' at 4:10 AM. Since we changed Morimoto to Hoop, we will def try and hit Jock LIndsay's maybe after for Gwen's Chocolate Bacon thing. And maybe Andy and I will try and get the Morimoto Ribs from the counter service window.
We can switch Sebastians to Morimoto if you want. I'm honestly good with anything. Just so happy we can all spend more time together

I saw the menu and a review of the new restaurant at Coronado, Three Bridges Bar & Grill. And it looks good! SO, I am hoping we can grab some food and drinks from there, swim a little and then rest in then rest in the room a bit.
Oh I haven't seen this at all. Gonna go check it out now

Today is a rest day and we are moving resorts! We will be leaving Coronado and moving over to Yacht Club!!! And I can't wait! We really love Yacht Club and it will be perfect with the hot summer weather.
Hopefully you have much better luck with the pool then we did last summer. I swear they closed everything lightening struck over Georgia just to be on the safe side.

We have a late lunch reservation at Sanaa that I DO NOT want to cancel!! I WANT... no ... NEED to have the bread service again. And I do think the lunch menu will be better for us. SO, I have a reservation for us at 2:10. So, I think we have enough time from our Everest fast pass to get to Sanaa as long as we go at the beginning of the window.
Lunch here is so good!!!! We haven't done it in a while but they have different options - like a burger and bbq- that I really want to try.

I would say I would text you when something comes out, but sounds like you don't even have your phone during the day. i really hope it works out, but who knows with Disney.

Hopefully you have much better luck with the pool then we did last summer. I swear they closed everything lightening struck over Georgia just to be on the safe side.
I know. I am pretending I never read about your lighting issues. I mean there is the summer showers issue too that I am totally ignoring as well!

Lunch here is so good!!!! We haven't done it in a while but they have different options - like a burger and bbq- that I really want to try.
I think Andy will some of the lunch only options better. The Lamb Kefta Skewers and the burger! Just typing it is making me hungry!

We can switch Sebastians to Morimoto if you want. I'm honestly good with anything. Just so happy we can all spend more time together
I am torn! I love our plan of letting the kids swim after dinner. But I really want to go to Morimoto. But I also am not sure 2 times to DS would work. It literally would be a first, for our family! Sad, I know. We are not shoppers but the food is so good there now!

I know. I am pretending I never read about your lighting issues. I mean there is the summer showers issue too that I am totally ignoring as well!
I'd suggest lots of morning vice afternoon/evening swimming. But hopefully the weather is just better overall.

I am torn! I love our plan of letting the kids swim after dinner. But I really want to go to Morimoto. But I also am not sure 2 times to DS would work. It literally would be a first, for our family! Sad, I know. We are not shoppers but the food is so good there now!
We aren't shoppers either but went to DS 3 times on our last trip!!! Food is so good its worth the visit.

I did go ahead and get a Morimoto reservation for Sunday night on Open Table. We have plenty of time to make up our minds!

Your August plans sound great.

SDD has been really tough for late August. If that's a harbinger for SW:GE, the park is doomed! I think people who have a trip overlapping the opening are trying to get one more day in at HS before the tiers change and the madness starts.

I didn't realize you could get the Morimoto ribs from the counter there. That may change some of my plans...

August Trip:
First off, the BIGGEST, is this tiny little announcement about Annual Passholder Previews for Galaxy's Edge!!! I have been stalking the dis thread for when they announce some REAL information. I am really really really hoping the timing works out and we can grab a slot while we were there. It would be AMAZING!!!! Of course, they announced this literally after I made all our fast passes and really finailized our plans. BUT this is DEF worth moving EVERYTHING around for.

They are really killing me with this! I hope you guys do get one though!! I feel like with a whole trip you should have pretty good luck getting a slot as long as you can get one when they get released! May the force be with you haha

I saw the menu and a review of the new restaurant at Coronado, Three Bridges Bar & Grill. And it looks good!

I definitely want to stay at Coronado now with all of the options they have opening up!!

Sounds like some great plans!! I think you'd be able to squeeze the previews in just about anywhere so thats good!

I didn't realize you could get the Morimoto ribs from the counter there. That may change some of my plans...
I didn't either! But someone got them on a Trip Report I was reading, always learning something new.

And yes, you could totally do the ribs from the walk up window when you guys are there by yourselves!!!

They are really killing me with this! I hope you guys do get one though!! I feel like with a whole trip you should have pretty good luck getting a slot as long as you can get one when they get released! May the force be with you haha
I am almost ready to quit following that thread. It is literally torchure keeping track of that thread!

Sounds like some great plans!! I think you'd be able to squeeze the previews in just about anywhere so thats good!
Thanks! I do feel like we can do just about any day. Maybe not the Halloween Party Day or the day after. But that is it really.

I booked Beaches and Cream!

I saw this morning that they were pushing back the referb day and hopped on and grabbed a lunch reservation literally as I was walking into a meeting this morning!

So, now on our rest day we have an 11:50 lunch reservation! I figure we can spit a burger or sandwich and sundaes!

And can I complain about this Magic Band Ordering situation!?!? When they finally released the fancy ones that you can order, I decided to wait, I figured I would let the craziness settle, and the people who needed them earlier get them. Silly me!!! Theya re all gone. And now they have some, sometimes. And it changes daily. I had the Darth Vedar one picked out for Andy and the red and white dot one for me, but didn't like any for Gwen and Morgan. So I waited to submit the order. And now 2 days later they are ALL gone again!

I have 15 days or so to place the order, so I guess I will just keep looking. We really don't need any more plain colored ones, so I might decline them otherwise. But I would be so sad to not get that box!

I saw this morning that they were pushing back the referb day and hopped on and grabbed a lunch reservation literally as I was walking into a meeting this morning!

So, now on our rest day we have an 11:50 lunch reservation! I figure we can spit a burger or sandwich and sundaes!

And can I complain about this Magic Band Ordering situation!?!? When they finally released the fancy ones that you can order, I decided to wait, I figured I would let the craziness settle, and the people who needed them earlier get them. Silly me!!! Theya re all gone. And now they have some, sometimes. And it changes daily. I had the Darth Vedar one picked out for Andy and the red and white dot one for me, but didn't like any for Gwen and Morgan. So I waited to submit the order. And now 2 days later they are ALL gone again!

I have 15 days or so to place the order, so I guess I will just keep looking. We really don't need any more plain colored ones, so I might decline them otherwise. But I would be so sad to not get that box!
I was able to grab a B&C lunch reservation too. And ditto the magic band situation. Super frustrating. I was able to get DH with one order, DD2 with a second order, but still missing 2 and we only have 20 days to order and 2 MBs to get. Ugh.

I was able to grab a B&C lunch reservation too. And ditto the magic band situation. Super frustrating. I was able to get DH with one order, DD2 with a second order, but still missing 2 and we only have 20 days to order and 2 MBs to get. Ugh.
Can you order them seperatly? I figured I would have to submit all 4 at once.

No... I have a triple split stay. I’ve used up 2 of our stays.
I do have a split stay, so I could do the same, but I would feel better if I ordered the girls ones first. Andy and I would never hear the end of it if Andy and I got "cool" ones and they didn't. You know.

Awesome! Beaches and Cream is great! I went outside the box and got the chicken friend steak the second time we ate there last summer. I haven't gotten there in the trip report yet, but let's just say I wasn't disappointed at all!!

The entire ordering of these is bizarre to me. Did they only make a few of each? I mean, they should know by now people are going to buy those kind of things, especially when they are actually reasonably priced. I mean if 200 more people want a darth vader one is it really that hard to just manufacture some more? That's what I don't understand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!