Adding a child at check in

lilacgems23

DIS Veteran
I've read how it works adding an adult. As my daughter is 8 she won't be free and has an annual pass so I was wondering if I book just for myself and the other kids can I add a child and an adult in check in? If so would I need to pay any taxes like with the adult ?

Not not until they are 14 I've been told.
This is what I'm doing on our Christmas trip next year

As long as, once you have added all the names at check-in, you haven't gone over the maximum allowed occupancy for your room, you can add adults or children. I'm not sure the inormation ILOVEDLP got about local tax for over 13-year olds only is correct though - I added a 12-year old and a 13-year old at check-in at the Santa Fe earlier this year, and I was charged local tax for them (I don't think it was the full price though).

I was told by a cm 14 but with disney who knows :confused3.
I friend of mine added guest to the NPB in oct and wasn't charged anything same friend going feb half term Cheyenne asked disney about adding guests cm told her no not allowed she new this was wrong rang the Cheyenne they said yes fine 99c a night.
What ever you can do it and it doesn't cost that much.

I always understood it as being payable once the person was 13 but like most things, it does seem to be rather hit and miss!

even if you do have to pay the tax, its not a lot, I added my partner in on check in last month at hotel new York, and it was only 6.20 Euro for the whole 4 night stay!! so it wont break the bank if you do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter