Adding a person to Jiko reservation?

armerida

DIS Veteran
My husband and I booked an ADR at Jiko for Christmas a while back, and just found out my mom will be able to join us for dinner. We've eaten there about 7-8 times and they have always seated the 2 of us at a 4-top, but I can't recall if there were smaller tables. Does anyone know if Jiko has 2-top tables that would prohibit us from just showing up to the ADR with my mom as an additional person? I've tried modifying the reservation to no avail, and also have a touringplans search going for a 4-top. Thank you!

I would suggest calling to see if they can modify it. They can probably do it over the phone, but you can't do it yourself. I have eaten there before and don't remember 2 tops, but wouldn't say for sure.

I don't know anything about Jiko at all, but we had an additional person join our trip after we had made our ADRs. I couldn't get him added onto our lunch at Sci-Fi Diner so I called 3 separate times to ask if they could add him on - I figured going from 9 people to 10 people wouldn't be an issue since we'll most likely be seated at a 10 top table. But they told me they can't manually add him in at all, they're looking at the same availability that we are. They suggested I look for a 1 person reservation as close to the same time as everyone else as I could find and it should be fine to add him to our party once we arrive at the restaurant. I was able to find a reservation 10 minutes earlier than everyone else, but I keep searching for the exact same time!

It is not a question of sitting you at a 2-top or 4-top, it is a question of maximum capacity and fire code. If Disney could cram more people into a restaurant, they would. Your best bets are to either keep looking for an ADR for 3 or look for an ADR for 1 close to your ADR and then asking to be sat together. You never know when someone will cancel an ADR. You could also show up with your mom and hope they will sit her, but be prepared for them to not allow it (after all, if you cannot get an ADR for 1, it means they may not legally have another person in the restaurant).

I think your odds of being able to get a table for 3 when you arrive (without changing your existing ADR) is actually pretty good. Maybe not 100%, but pretty high. However, I do like the suggestions above about calling to modify it. That takes away any remaining stress about your meal.

Also try looking for 4. The robots that control the algorithm's can't see that 3 people would be sitting at a 4 top...

Thanks for all the responses, will call today and see if they can add her!

I would call to see if you can modify, or check online, and set up a touring plans alert. I believe that my husband and I have been sat at a two top at Jiko on a couple occasions. They have a couple two tops by the windows towards the front of the restaurant behind the check in podium, and then towards the middle of the restaurant they have flexible seating where one side is a chair and the other is 'bench style' and they can add or subtract tables to make different table sizes with the smallest being a two person table (on on chair and one across on 'bench').

Adding a person to a reservation can be hit or miss. If you can't modify the ADR with the App, then definitely call.
If that doesn't work, then use the reservation finder.
Good Luck

We've definitely eaten at a 2-top at Jiko more than once although I don't think that there are a lot of them; we've also eaten at 4-top but 2-top definitely exist. Good news that OP was able to snag an ADR. Jiko is one of our favourites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter