Adding a resale to direct contract

DVC_HK

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone, so we have two direct contracts for SSR that total 125 points. I have been seeing a lot of resale deals for SSR for a good bit of points and are thinking about dipping our toes into the resale market. If i have 125 points directly and let's just say for the example a resale of 200 SSR points at the same use year then what happens with the new rules about the future resorts due to the new restrictions? I can only use my 125 on Rivera and up or would the full 325 be allowed since they combined under same year and resort?

Only your direct points could be used for a reservation at Riviera. The resale purchase would be a separate contract under your existing membership and subject to any restrictions in place at the time of purchase.

Only your direct points could be used for a reservation at Riviera. The resale purchase would be a separate contract under your existing membership and subject to any restrictions in place at the time of purchase.
Thank you that's what we thought but we kind confused

Think of it this way: when it comes to point usage, each individual contract has its own qualifications and entitlements, not your membership.

The 11 month booking window is another example of this, when you own two different resorts with a matching UY.

Think of it this way: when it comes to point usage, each individual contract has its own qualifications and entitlements, not your membership.

The 11 month booking window is another example of this, when you own two different resorts with a matching UY.
That is the best way someone has put it. We talked it out last night and for the time being we are honestly okay only being able to spend 125 points at the new resorts. We will probably get some sleep around points off a resale that is matching UY that is just a cheap deal than focus where it is

We talked it out last night and for the time being we are honestly okay only being able to spend 125 points at the new resorts.

I concur with your thinking. 125 is plenty of points for usage at new resorts, with banking and borrowing. It's enough to definitely try a resort for a few nights and then split stay. There are so many options with the L14 that may find yourself not wanting to try the new resorts as much as you think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!