adding an adult on checkin

lilacgems23

DIS Veteran
We are a family of 5 and for Feb 2015 it works out cheaper to stay onsite than offsite and use our AP for entry (if we only book for 1 adult, 2 children & 1 baby). Im bit nervous though about booking this way then adding 1 adult on check in. Is it guaranteed to be no problem ?

Thats brilliant as for 5 days I am being quoted £354! I figured to renew 1 annual pass would be about £30 more than paying for 2 adults but then we will save more than £30 on food & souvenirs :)

We did this last week. I just emailed the hotel a week before we arrived and told then I wanted to add another adult at check in. When we arrived I mentioned it and it had all ready been done. Easy pass stated 2 adults one child and not 1 adult 1 child as per original booking :)

lilacgems23 said:
We are a family of 5 and for Feb 2015 it works out cheaper to stay onsite than offsite and use our AP for entry (if we only book for 1 adult, 2 children & 1 baby). Im bit nervous though about booking this way then adding 1 adult on check in. Is it guaranteed to be no problem ?

No need to worry its so straightforward, but i get you, it feels like there should be a catch as its such a bargain. We emailed before sometimes but not always. You would have a city tax for the added adult (but not kids if you were adding kids with APs) and its about €1 a night. Sometimes they charge but not always.

we are going to do it first time on our next trip too... I will be adding my dad and getting myself AP, so then we could save again in January next year ... any who knows maybe one more time before it expires :rotfl:

Can you add someone two days into your trip......my dh May be able to join us on day 3....would be great if I could!

Can you add someone two days into your trip......my dh May be able to join us on day 3....would be great if I could!

as long as your DH joining you won't take the room to over maximum occupancy, yes, you can do this no problem :).

Thanks for that.....just me and dd in room so should be ok.....does anyone know how much it is to add a person to room and do you pay then for breakfast for them?

Thanks for that.....just me and dd in room so should be ok.....does anyone know how much it is to add a person to room and do you pay then for breakfast for them?

its local tax you pay - which is, at the most, 2 euros per adult per night (only for the extra person you are adding to the room). At the onsite hotels, this gives you breakfast for the extra person too :).

DLPdaft said:
its local tax you pay - which is, at the most, 2 euros per adult per night (only for the extra person you are adding to the room). At the onsite hotels, this gives you breakfast for the extra person too :).

Wow.....hope he can make it now! Thanks for the info

Well I have booked it, £354 for 5 days for myself and 3 children :goodvibes:

Not sure why they apply a £16 handling charge though, seems a bit of a con.

lilacgems23 said:
Well I have booked it, £354 for 5 days for myself and 3 children :goodvibes:

Not sure why they apply a £16 handling charge though, seems a bit of a con.

Congratulations! Enjoy the planning now

Local tax is 1 euro and 10 cents, per person, pet night. Just got back and added three on for 7 nights :)

You do not have to email before hand and just tell them when you're checking in you want to add an Ap holder. There will be no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter