ADDING AN EXTRA DAY?

SandyinMonterey

DIS Veteran
We'll be staying at WL and realized we can stay an extra day. The only availability is Jambo House / Savanna View 1 BR. Is it worth moving all our stuff for one night to stay there? I also thought AK Lodge is going through a refurb right now...are things just all a mess there right now? We never stayed there. It's a little out of the way for us...just can't decide. Thanks everyone.

When are you going? You may be able to eventually get what you need. It also depend how many are you packing up?

When we change days we make it a late sleep in day? Pack up and then go to Disney Speings for lunch and stuff. Then by the time we get to the resortk the room is ready.

I always take an extra day option!

I dont even understand your question? Are you asking us crazy disers if we think you should stay an extra day? Ummm....that is a no-brainer. Just do it. Take what is available, stalk and WL.

What day are you adding? Front or end of vacation? Either way I would do it but if I had a choice I would do the beginning before you get all settled in but again hopefully by stalking or WL you wont have to move.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Animal Kingdom Villas is not undergoing a refurbishment. Just the hotel rooms on floors that aren't floor 5, and are not villas.

We have switched rooms for last day. Additional Plus is that you get nearly everything packed a day early except for just what you have to have. Then you can enjoy the rest of the day. Have bell send your bags to new hotel. If you are flying home leave most of luggage at bell until next morning so its already close to airline pickup.

A resort like AKL is so enjoying and relaxing that it would make a great last night...also Tigger1 has a great strategy to keep just what you need so you are already packed - which is half the battle.

I would look for a cash reservation at WL so you can "join" the 2 reservations and hopefully keep your same room. Not sure I'd want to pack up and change the day before I'm leaving!

We have done this a few times. I would take the AKV room while waitlisting and stalking for WL. You may get lucky, but it’s really not the biggest deal. You just need to plan. If it’s your last night, you simply pack up a day earlier and put what you need for last day/night in one bag or your carry-ons. If the extra night is at the beginning, pack thoughtfully so first night/day is easily accessible (in one bag or carry-ons). AKV is a fabulous resort, so you may love your night there!

With the one bedroom at AKV, you can go home with clean clothes.

It’s not ideal to move, but I would still stay the extra day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter