Adding Anniversary Celebration To Resort Booking

Gotta be phone. By your name and photo, I take it you are in either Canada or the UK...so that may be difficult since you need to do an international call.

My husband and I celebrated our 47 anniversary at the Boardwalk Inn in February. We had it noted on our reservation. We received a balloon bouquet and a beautiful silver frame from the cast at the Boardwalk. Now, we stay club level her quite a bit and celebrate my birthday and our anniversary often, but this was the first anniversary gift we received. Usually we get chocolate covered strawberries or something like that. We never expect anything, but are always happy just to be there!7D299E6F-BD0D-421B-9E37-6234CE9E9BF7.jpeg

We recently returned from a split stay at CBR and WL. We had the TA note our 20th anniversary on the reservation. Nothing was done at either resort. I was hoping for something small like a balloon, or card but nothing. My girls knew I was kind of disappointed so they went to the front desk at WL and had them deliver chocolate strawberries to our room. I checked and it was added to our room charge. But it was still nice our kids wanted to do something for us. When I asked the front desk about doing "magical moments" for an anniversary, she said they don't do anything anymore.

We recently returned from a split stay at CBR and WL. We had the TA note our 20th anniversary on the reservation. Nothing was done at either resort. I was hoping for something small like a balloon, or card but nothing. My girls knew I was kind of disappointed so they went to the front desk at WL and had them deliver chocolate strawberries to our room. I checked and it was added to our room charge. But it was still nice our kids wanted to do something for us. When I asked the front desk about doing "magical moments" for an anniversary, she said they don't do anything anymore.
When we got married at WDW, besides the actual day of obviously, we were given pins that signified that we were just married. Several fellow guests congratulated us, as did two CM over our entire trip, and nothing else was done that we didn’t pay for.

Can understand them not doing free things anymore- everybody is celebrating something and wearing a button! They can't reign pixie dust freebies to everyone. Shouldn't be expected - if received a nice surprise.

Our anniversary is September 1st so since we are usually there in september we ask for the anniversary buttons and write what year we are celebrating. This year #24! We haven't had anything "special" done even though I always include it in our reservation. This year my husband is also celebrating his retirement from the miltary and will ask for a "retirement" button, but again I don't expect anything special. With that said, we were there for our daughter's 13th birthday (December) years ago and she did get free dessert a couple of times. :cool1: So, I suppose it's hit and miss.

Our anniversary is September 1st so since we are usually there in september we ask for the anniversary buttons and write what year we are celebrating. This year #24! We haven't had anything "special" done even though I always include it in our reservation. This year my husband is also celebrating his retirement from the miltary and will ask for a "retirement" button, but again I don't expect anything special. With that said, we were there for our daughter's 13th birthday (December) years ago and she did get free dessert a couple of times. :cool1: So, I suppose it's hit and miss.
Where are you staying?when we were there for our anniversary in February, we stayed on a military discount. This is what we received, see pictures. Maybe you could mention your husband’s retirement and it would be nice to get the poster. It was signed by all the cast that work the front desk and other places at the Boardwalk.27B2A5B6-738E-4994-8D26-B1336C01F12F.jpegView attachment 429631View attachment 429631

Funny - we had the opposite affect! We went down for our 25th and when the CM asked if we were celebrating anything special, I mentioned it, but then said we weren't really big celebration people (and we aren't). I ordered my own 25th cake to be brought out during a dinner at Olivia's (we were at OKW) as a surprise for DH, and that's it.

Well the front desk gave us buttons that we didn't wear, and at 3 separate times, when we showed up for our FastPasses, something must have come up after we used our magic bands and the CM stopped the line to yell out Happy 25th to me and DH. hahaha - he was beet red, and our kids were howling.

So, poor Disney! They never win - either too much magic for some and not enough for others!

Over the phone. What is your goal? We have gone during milestone anniversaries and nothing special was done. It is important to know that if you want something special, you need to plan it and pay for it. Good Luck

This. I had my birthday marked on my reservation this summer as I was actually there on my birthday. Nothing in the room at all. A few little things here and there at meals and some Happy Birthday shoutouts from CMs, but otherwise nothing.

We have celebrated our 25th, 30th and 35th anniversaries at Disney (24 December) and have added them to our bookings and there was no acknowledgement. We are also often there for our daughter’s birthday and for that I always make arrangements and pay for birthday extras.

We are always there for the actual date of the celebration but so many go in the summer and say they are celebrating a birthday that was in January. So it really is impossible for Disney to organise free celebrations for everyone. Apart from the pin, of course and when our daughter was small she always had lots of happy birthday shouts from cast members and other guests which was lovely.

So my advice is if it is important to you organise/pay for it yourself.

Is it worth calling to try to get a birthday noted on a restaurant reservation? I have a dinner reservation with my wife and our daughters at Be Our Guest for my wife's birthday, will they sing at dessert or anything like that? I'd love to embarrass her...

I always add to the room and dining if we are celebrating something. Sometimes they don't do anything and sometimes they do. I think one of my favorites was them typing a balloon to the door and a card from Mickey wishing me a happy birthday. This was at the Boardwalk and second resort of a split stay. The first half of the week we were at Grand Floridian and they didn't do anything. I definitely don't think they've stopped doing this, but they also don't like doing stuff when people ask specifically for something. It's a magical surprise and not something I expect.

Where are you staying?when we were there for our anniversary in February, we stayed on a military discount. This is what we received, see pictures. Maybe you could mention your husband’s retirement and it would be nice to get the poster. It was signed by all the cast that work the front desk and other places at the Boardwalk.View attachment 429630View attachment 429631View attachment 429631
That's cool! Aww, we were going to stay at the boardwalk, but one unexpected ICU stay and one surgery changed our plans a little. But, we are staying at our favorite mod, POFQ! I did put it in the reservation, so maybe. lol He's excited to get his "Retirement" celebration button! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!