Adding AP holders at hotel, Shareholder and more - help please!

Ms Poppins

I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk
I thought I knew all of this but with the new AP's coming out and possibly the Shareholder club being no more - I thought I'd run my thinking past you lovely people :goodvibes

We are all Classic AP holders. I called the AP line to get a room only quote for July for 4 nights - £951.00

Booking package for 1 adult is £1120 - but this includes the free half board just now. As we are going for 4 nights and there are 4 adults we would get meal vouchers to include breakfast quick service and dinner for us all for 1 day. So the difference in price almost cancels itself out.

The price for us all on the package is £1534.00

The reason I'm looking at this with the meal plan is because by July we might not have our lovely shareholder discount anymore :confused:

So, my questions:

Will adding people to the room during check in still be allowed after the end of March, due to AP changes?

Can you still use the new meal plan vouchers as cash value towards a meal? I looked at the DLP site and it has a table showing a la carte and PLUS value is not included. I don't want to be tied to a set menu (although don't mind for 1 meal if we go for 1 adult option)

If anyone has a crystal ball - what will the new offer likely to be after the free half board runs out? I think I've missed the free 2 nights offer?

thank you all :goodvibes

I don't think anyone knows definitely yet but there have been rumours that they may stop people being able to book others in room only at check in and only pay the local tax.

I think someone on here has phoned recently and been told they couldn't do that but someone else I think had been told they could.

If you do risk this be careful that you don't end up with a room with just one bed - if you are going in July it may be busy and if they think the room is only booked for one they may give you a room with one bed and are not obliged to find you another room at check in if you turn up with 4 people - so it will be worth dropping them a line a few days before to mention you will need a room for 4 as others may be joining you room only.

Thanks, that's what I thought. I'll email/call the hotel before so we get a room for 4. I don't trust the answers that the CM on the booking line give. They argued with me for ages that there was no such thing as a Classic pass and only a Francilien :rolleyes:

When does the current offer with free half board end? Can you wait a while to see if any more info comes through or do you need to book quite quickly?
You could always book the room for one person on the package and then add the others on at a later date or change the booking if a different offer comes up.

What discount did that give you on the room booking room only with AP? Did you try and see if moving the dates slightly helped at all because sometimes booking a day earlier can kick in a different discount etc

The AP discount was 40% and I tried a couple of dates either side but we are tied to a specific week. I don't need to book right now so will probably hang off a bit. It's wait and see time I suppose.

Not bothered really about meal plan, but if shareholders discount goes we might benefit as do always eat table service each day. I'm hoping that they won't just close it down immediately and phase it out gradually.

Oh dear it's all a bit complicated and unknown! I can't understand why they would stop adding people to the room at check in as the difference in prices is only the cost of a ticket and surely they want people to have AP's. If they do stop us using our shareholders card don't forget the AP also gives a discount in restaurants, although only 10%.
Are you aware that the free half board offer does not include breakfast at the hotel. It's a counter service breakfast of hot drink, juice and pastry (a bit like Salon Micky!)
We're also looking at a summer visit and I'm very unsure what to book. I had thought of buying AP's and staying at the Magic Circus or Dream Castle, but that has suddenly become more expensive. I think I'll keep an eye on offers on the uk and french sites and see what comes up!

Still it's all looking very exciting and this summer seems the perfect time to visit!!

Are you aware that the free half board offer does not include breakfast at the hotel. It's a counter service breakfast of hot drink, juice and pastry (a bit like Salon Micky!

They say on the website that breakfast is included at the "Club Rooms" like Golden Forrest or Compass Club rooms.

Will this mean breakfast at the hotel or counter service breakfast?

In the club level rooms it's breakfast at the hotel. This is included in the room price and is not part of the free dining deal.

Ok...thanks.

That mean that if you want to have breakfast in the hotels in the future you have to stay at the club levels.

Ok...thanks.

That mean that if you want to have breakfast in the hotels in the future you have to stay at the club levels.

No I think you can pay or buy a meal package to have breakfast in the hotel you are staying in but the free meal package on offer at the moment includes breakfast which is at a counter service in the park.
If you opt to stay in a club level room breakfast is still included int he package price

I think Ive got that correct

Oh dear it's all a bit complicated and unknown! I can't understand why they would stop adding people to the room at check in as the difference in prices is only the cost of a ticket and surely they want people to have AP's. If they do stop us using our shareholders card don't forget the AP also gives a discount in restaurants, although only 10%.
Are you aware that the free half board offer does not include breakfast at the hotel. It's a counter service breakfast of hot drink, juice and pastry (a bit like Salon Micky!)
We're also looking at a summer visit and I'm very unsure what to book. I had thought of buying AP's and staying at the Magic Circus or Dream Castle, but that has suddenly become more expensive. I think I'll keep an eye on offers on the uk and french sites and see what comes up!

Still it's all looking very exciting and this summer seems the perfect time to visit!!

Yes, I know about the breakfast thanks. Only looking at this as salon mickey might not be there. So many ifs and buts at the moment.

Re you getting an AP for summer. You can still purchase the current passes before end if March and redeem within the timeframe, I think 6 months. Think it's 28 March it changes. Or you could apply now by post. You'd lose a few months but if it makes your summer trip more affordable it might be worth it.

Yes, I know about the breakfast thanks. Only looking at this as salon mickey might not be there. So many ifs and buts at the moment.
I'd had the same idea, about using Salon Micky for breakfast - who knows now!

Re you getting an AP for summer. You can still purchase the current passes before end if March and redeem within the timeframe, I think 6 months. Think it's 28 March it changes. Or you could apply now by post. You'd lose a few months but if it makes your summer trip more affordable it might be worth it.
Not a bad idea! I could just get one for me, then either book for one in a room in a Disney Hotel or buy another AP, or just tickets for DD nearer the time.

Do we know if you can still use an AP on blackout days if staying onsite?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter