Adding Code to Existing Reservation?

HLAuburn

DIS Veteran
I'm curious to know how easy is it to change a reservation to apply a discount code? Say, for instance, I book a room-only res with an AP code (with the intention of buying an AP) and then a public code comes out, and that saves me a little money, do I just call and switch? And then, let's say, Disney releases some great package deals, can I call and get my room-only res upgraded to a package deal?

OK, as if that wasn't confusing enough :teeth: , I have another question. If I book WL now for 2006, and Disney releases AP rates for that time, do I simply call and apply the AP rate to the reservation? Is it that easy, or does that "room type" have to be "available" at the AP rate? If its just a matter of calling any applying the code to the rate, why doesn't everyone book in advance and then just call to apply the AP rate when it comes out?

Have I lost everyone, 'cause I'm kinda confused myself! :smooth:

Thanks!!

A room has to be available in order to get that rate for the room you reserved (this applies to any type of code) And the more rooms that are booked the less Disney's need for discounts.

It is not just a matter of "applying" the code. With this round of AP rates, I called within 45 minutes of their release, and was not able to get at least two room types at different resorts (WL - standard view and CR - Garden Wing Standard View or garden wing). I did not have an existing reservation.

Sometimes the codes come out only for certain room types. I booked a pool view room at WL this past January for less than the standard room rate, with an AP code. There were no discounts for the standard room. I waited to book until the AP codes came out. The folks on the disboards posted about the room being the pool view, not the standard view.

I have applied codes to existing reservations before. It's easy, you just call and ask to apply a code. It still has to be a room type that has a discount associated with it.

Marie

Thanks for the info.

So if I book a room-only res, and later want to change to a MYW package deal, can I just call and "upgrade" to the package?

Thanks! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter