Adding days to a Canadian discounted 5 day pass

ddawg

Mouseketeer
Has anyone tried to add days to your Canadian discounted passes. We usually buy 5 day passes and then once we are there we add days as we need them. We have never had a problem. Once you have used the pass , they charged $10.00 for each additional day per pass. These previous passes have not been discounted though. I am sure I asked Disney about this before I bought discounted tickets in May and they said I could. Now I am planning my trip, staying longer than I originally planned and would like to add days without losing the discount. I am reading here, that it may not be possible. I hope that is not the case. Dear fellow Canadians, has anyone tried to add days after using your Canadian discounted pass? If so, did they charge $10.00 a day, or more? Thanks in advance for your answers.

There have been reports on here (search upgrade Canadian Ticket and some will pop up), and you will see there are many inconsistencies. Some people being told they can't upgrade, some being able to upgrade for a higher cost and losing the discount, some people getting lucky and upgrading for less.

Did you purchase the recent 20% off tickets directly from Disney? If so, I think your best bet would be to call them now while the deal is still on to see if you could upgrade that ticket to what you need. I read on the board about someone being able to do this the last time.

If you purchased elsewhere, or used AM, the value of the ticket would be used towards the upgrade, which would mean you'd most likely lose the discount. Unless you got extremely lucky at guest services, but it's hard to plan your trip around that!

In case you need a second opinion, I totally agree with everything momof2gr8kids has said. Adding days to discounted tickets has become a very expensive undertaking. It used to be very reasonable as you mentioned but no longer unless you get lucky and get some pixie dust sprinkled on your request.

We tried to add the parkhopper in October (promotion was over) and it was going to cost us over $200/ticket where it should cost about $60/ticket. My sister called and added the parkhopper before the promotion was over and it was no problem. It was $60. Sounds like if you try to add it once the promotion is over, you lose your promotion savings.

damo, did you try upgrading before you used your pass or after it was already used by at least one day.

If this is true there should be a WARNING to our poor fellow Canadians. If you buy a Discounted Canadian pass you should buy exactly what you want. If you want to add to it later you will lose any discounts you have. This was not explained to me before I bought my passes. I have always been able to add days to my pass before . I even called the Disney desk at my hotel before I bought the Canadian discounted tickets in May and they said that I would be able to add days as usual. They did not say I would lose my discount. They also changed how much each extra day cost since then. It use to be $10.00 a day after the first 5 days. Now it is $20 for day 6 and $20 for day 7 and then $10 for each additional day after that. :(

Last edited:
damo, did you try upgrading before you used your pass or after it was already used by at least one day.

I tried two times. First time was upon having validated with my passport and second time was a few days after it was used.

I added 2 days to my 6 day ticket last night and was only charged the $76 difference. Might because the promo is still on? We aren't going till March so I hadn't used the ticket yet, either, so I'm not sure if that would have made a difference.

Is that for one pass. I don't know how they figured that out. It should be between 25 and 35 US for 2 extra days. It would be $20 for day 7 of your pass and then $10.00 for day 8. That is if they just added 2 non discounted days.

Is that for one pass. I don't know how they figured that out. It should be between 25 and 35 US for 2 extra days. It would be $20 for day 7 of your pass and then $10.00 for day 8. That is if they just added 2 non discounted days.
That was for 3 passes, 2 adult and 1 child, 1 park per day. I priced it out on the website before calling so I knew what they should be charging me and it was correct. The difference between 6 days and 8 days with the Canadian discount was $76.68. There were no extra charges.

We did this in May. It was for only one of our party (my daughter) who needed the extra day. The promo had ended so I figured it was going to be spendy (as I had read others experience). It took a really long time, but it was done for me at the HS ticket window-no charge-serious pixie dust that day.

That makes more sense if it was for 3 passes. You scared me. LOL 22Tink. I am hoping for some pixie dust then. I just tried to take advantage of the discount because it is pretty rare that they give one. As it is I won't be able to add days in advance because I bought my passes at the CAA so Disney won't let me add days, even for full price. They told me to go to the CAA. I am pretty sure they won't be able to help me.

That makes more sense if it was for 3 passes. You scared me. LOL 22Tink. I am hoping for some pixie dust then. I just tried to take advantage of the discount because it is pretty rare that they give one. As it is I won't be able to add days in advance because I bought my passes at the CAA so Disney won't let me add days, even for full price. They told me to go to the CAA. I am pretty sure they won't be able to help me.
It doesn't hurt to ask at CAA. Maybe they can just charge you the difference like Disney does? I've never added days before this so I'm not sure how it would work through a third party. I'm wishing you good luck though!

If you bought them last May I guess they are the non expiring ones - not sure CAA would give you a refund at this point so you could purchase what you need.
Tickets purchased from a 3rd party (like CAA, Undercover Tourist, etc.) can be upgraded, they just have to be done in person at Guest Services. Most likely they would take the cost of the new ticket you wanted, minus the $270 (??) or so they were worth.

Depending on when you're going, it might be cheaper to add a day by purchasing a Halloween or Christmas Party ticket for a MK day; or getting a water parks annual pass to fill in those extra days.

Or visit Universal or Seaworld!

Not sure if its true but I was told that the tickets have to be paid up front? This true?

I bought the discounted Canadian passes last January(2017). Went in March 2017, decided to add 2 days to our passes, cost just under $20US each so $60 US for the 3 of us. We went from 6 day tickets to 8 day, no park hopper.

I bought the discounted Canadian passes last January(2017). Went in March 2017, decided to add 2 days to our passes, cost just under $20US each so $60 US for the 3 of us. We went from 6 day tickets to 8 day, no park hopper.
Last year they ran the Canadian special until May 20th. Because the Canadian deal was still on, you were able to upgrade for a lot less. If someone tries to upgrade when the Canadian tickets are no longer being sold, that's when they have issues with the higher upgrade prices. Because technically that discounted ticket no longer exists to upgrade to. Can only upgrade to the regular priced ticket. Unless you get some pixie dust!

I was with a friend last March who was trying to add a day to her family's tickets. It was going to be a ridiculous amount of money...even with the Cdn deal still going on.

So this year I made sure to buy an extra day than I thought I needed. Now we've extended our trip by a couple days and Im wishing I had bought 2 more :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!