Adding days to a Canadian discounted 5 day pass

Our itinerary has changed at the last minute and we'll now be there for more than 10 days... does anyone know if my 10-day Canadian ticket can be upgraded to an AP?

Our itinerary has changed at the last minute and we'll now be there for more than 10 days... does anyone know if my 10-day Canadian ticket can be upgraded to an AP?

I do not believe that there is a Canadian AP price. Unless you intend to return within the year to use the AP again it would not be worth it. Would Disney refund your non-refundable tickets so you can buy AP? I would call them and cross my fingers.

Should be able to do this without issue, but you will only receive credit for the value of the ticket (ie. whatever Disney sold that ticket for, regardless of where you got it or what you paid). In other words, you "lose the discount". If you run into trouble, try again another time, or somewhere else. By policy this is allowed, but there are always outliers when it comes to Disney customer service.

I do not believe that there is a Canadian AP price. Unless you intend to return within the year to use the AP again it would not be worth it. Would Disney refund your non-refundable tickets so you can buy AP? I would call them and cross my fingers.

Canadian Resident price for a 10 day base ticket is $350 before tax. If amie416 needs two to cover the stay, that's $700. Platinum AP is $780 before tax, but for that you'll get park hopping, photopass, parking, and other discounts. For most people the difference is probably worth it, especially if there is any chance at all of a return trip within the year, but it does depend on individual circumstances.

Canadian Resident price for a 10 day base ticket is $350 before tax. If amie416 needs two to cover the stay, that's $700. Platinum AP is $780 before tax, but for that you'll get park hopping, photopass, parking, and other discounts. For most people the difference is probably worth it, especially if there is any chance at all of a return trip within the year, but it does depend on individual circumstances.

Hooper would be $824 for two, photo $170= $994. If they need parking say for 12 days that is $240. Total $1,234.

$1,560 for AP. Looks like about 10% off sit down meals at several places but it seems hard to bridge the price difference if it is one trip. If they needed a lot of parking and only one person bought an AP, then it seems to make sense. Even with one trip.

Of course if they want more than 10 days in the parks they need that AP.

Hooper would be $824 for two, photo $170= $994. If they need parking say for 12 days that is $240. Total $1,234.

$1,560 for AP. Looks like about 10% off sit down meals at several places but it seems hard to bridge the price difference if it is one trip. If they needed a lot of parking and only one person bought an AP, then it seems to make sense. Even with one trip.

My read of the situation is ONE person, 20(ish) day trip.

Or maybe there are multiple people on the 20 day trip, but the same logic applies. Per person, AP is still better than 2 10-day tickets if you want hoppers, and might even be better than two 10-day base tickets, depending on the situation.

Ahhh.. I should add some context! :cutie:

DH and I are going to run the Disney Princess Half and we're staying in Orlando for nearly 2.5 weeks, split between BC and offsite. We were going to visit Fort Lauderdale on the last weekend, but now we're staying in Orlando. I've already purchased an AP for this trip for the discounts, parking and photos. DH has a Canadian 20% off 10-day hopper.

Because of the extra days in Orlando we'll now have 15 possible park days, not including our arrival afternoon/evening. That's totally more days than anyone really needs to spend in the parks, but I love the idea of being able to just "pop in" to a park for an hour or two since we're there. We're not really interested in going to the other theme parks or anything, so non-park days are shopping, Disney Springs, resort pool, water park, or mini-golf kind of days. I'm totally open to going to a park after dinner, just to see fireworks or pin trading or something. The trip is 100% about relaxing and taking time to enjoy the little things at WDW.
  • The difference between the discounted 10-day hopper and AP is $390.86.
  • The cost of buying an additional discounted 4-day hopper ticket for DH is $362.10.
  • The cost of buying an additional 3-day hopper ticket for DH is $371.69.
  • We also have two older (non-expiring) 5 day tickets that I would like to save for sometime in the future.
  • The chance that we'll be returning to WDW in the next 12 months is 65%. (Probably 95% for me, because I have 2 more weeks of vacation than DH.) :rolleyes1
So, if we end up using more than 10 park days, I'm really leaning towards just getting the AP. It would be nice if the discount carried over, but it's not a deal-breaker...

Should be able to do this without issue, but you will only receive credit for the value of the ticket (ie. whatever Disney sold that ticket for, regardless of where you got it or what you paid). In other words, you "lose the discount". If you run into trouble, try again another time, or somewhere else. By policy this is allowed, but there are always outliers when it comes to Disney customer service.

My read of the situation is ONE person, 20(ish) day trip.

Or maybe there are multiple people on the 20 day trip, but the same logic applies. Per person, AP is still better than 2 10-day tickets if you want hoppers, and might even be better than two 10-day base tickets, depending on the situation.

Last edited:
At Disney now. If you want to upgrade, add days or park hopper option. You will pay the difference in what you paid for the ticket and what the upgrade cost would be. After standing at guest services counter for an hour and a half, my advice is buy what you need and don’t try to up grade.

At Disney now. If you want to upgrade, add days or park hopper option. You will pay the difference in what you paid for the ticket and what the upgrade cost would be. After standing at guest services counter for an hour and a half, my advice is buy what you need and don’t try to up grade.

I took your advice this morning and upgraded to the AP via phone. There’s no benefit to waiting until we get there.

Has anyone else have success adding days to your Canadian Discounted 5 day ticket without losing the discount. That would be $20.00 a a day for day 6 and 7 and then $10.00 a day for days 7 and up to 10 days?

Has anyone else have success adding days to your Canadian Discounted 5 day ticket without losing the discount. That would be $20.00 a a day for day 6 and 7 and then $10.00 a day for days 7 and up to 10 days?
I see it is back down to $10 a day after day 5 .

All bets are off right now as to how much it is going to cost to upgrade. Disney just increased prices and there isn't a clear idea at this time how upgrades will be handled moving forward. Robo over on the Theme Parks Board has a thread all about Tickets. Check there for the most up to date info. It will take him a few days from now to digest the info and see how changes (upgrades) will be treated.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-at-wdw.3570721/

I need to upgrade a discounted ticket I bought last year during the Canadian resident offer but I am not sure how to do so from home.

I contacted DVC Member Services and they told me that they cannot make any changes to existing tickets.

Do I have to call Disney directly? Can I do it online?

If the ticket was bought directly from Disney you can do it on the phone. If you got it from a reseller like CAA or Airmiles you need to do it in person at GS.

If the ticket was bought directly from Disney you can do it on the phone. If you got it from a reseller like CAA or Airmiles you need to do it in person at GS.

Thank you! I will call Disney directly today as opposed to DVC.

Hi, would you mind reporting back and let us know if you were able to upgrade the ticket and if you lost the discount.

They weren't able to do anything as the Canadian offer is over. A little frustrated because last week when I purchased my Canadian tickets through DVC member services, they told me they couldn't change the ticket. If they would have told me that I could call Disney directly and they could help me, I would have done so.
I guess I will wait and see if they can do anything for me at guest services.
We were at the park last year for Hurricane Irma and a CM added an extra two days onto our tickets at the discounted rate of $10 a day, but I am sure that had to do with our trip being extended.

Good luck, I spent almost 2 hours to add park hoppers at guest services. Finally, a supervisor added hoppers at a higher rate then what they should have been.

I went to Disney springs yesterday to exchange my 5 day base ticket from airmiles to a PH. Was told it would be $116 to do. I said no and did at Animal Kingdom guest relations today. Was first told it would be $250! The agent said that seems way too much. After about a 20 minute wait, a manager came out and they converted it to a non Canadian 5 day base and I then paid $75 plus tax to upgrade to a Hopper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!