Adding DDP after dining reservations are made

Caropooh

POO, are you? POO POO, POO POO!
Our 180 days is tomorrow. We are thinking of adding the DDP, but haven't yet. We are DVC and staying on points, so there is no problem there. Can we make dining reservations and then add the DDP later? Will we have to make new dining reservations, once we add it?

Our 180 days is tomorrow. We are thinking of adding the DDP, but haven't yet. We are DVC and staying on points, so there is no problem there.
1, Can we make dining reservations and then add the DDP later?
2. Will we have to make new dining reservations, once we add it?
1. Yes
2. No

If you book Hoop De Doo, Spirit of Aloha Luau, or Mickey's Backyard Barbecue without the dining plan you will have to pay in full at the time you make the reservation. Once you have the dining plan you can use dining credits for the dinner shows and have your credit card refunded.

You will be fine. If I am adding the dining plan this is how I do it, I book all of the meals that I really want to do and then look to see if there is any savings by doing the plan vs OOP. I believe that the feature to add the dining plan to DVC stays online is still not working, so if you do decide to add the plan later you will just need to call MS, but it will be no problem doing so.

DDP is only an alternate method of payment. It has nothing to do with making restaurant reservations. The only issue is that if you want to make any prepaid reservations you have to pay for those in full at the time you make them and if you prefer to pay for them with dining credits after having already made the reservation, you will have to either call and get the payment method switched over, or change your method of payment at the time you arrive at the restaurant or pick up your dinner show tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter