Adding DDP

kmg1107

Mouseketeer
I have a room only reservation but considering adding DDP. When is the latest I can add this?

You would need to call 3 days prior to your reservation and tell them you want a "ticketless" package. Payment for dining plan must be done at time of calling. Remember all members not your party, in same room, must have same package.

You would need to call 3 days prior to your reservation and tell them you want a "ticketless" package. Payment for dining plan must be done at time of calling. Remember all members not your party, in same room, must have same package.
Thank you!

I was under the impression that only Disney packages that included tickets were allowed to add on the dining plan. I was wanting to do the same thing adding on the Regular dining plan for our December trip but had already bought tickets from Undercover Toursit for our trip. Was told that the Disney dining plan is not available without a package with park tickets?

I was under the impression that only Disney packages that included tickets were allowed to add on the dining plan. I was wanting to do the same thing adding on the Regular dining plan for our December trip but had already bought tickets from Undercover Toursit for our trip. Was told that the Disney dining plan is not available without a package with park tickets?

Technically, you were told the truth in that your reservation would become a "package." However, it is called a "ticketless package," and you most certainly can add the dining plan. You have to call to do so; it cannot be done online. If, for some reason, the phone CM you get doesn't know how to do it, either ask for a supervisor or hang up and call back. This has been a viable option for MANY years.

Did you ask for a "ticketless" package? Call back, some CM 's will do it and some dont. A "ticketless" package is usually for AP holders, but it has been done.

I added it to my room-only plan last year (I had a military room discount so we get our own tickets). When I made this year's reservation (room only) they were very eager to put me on the plan (without tickets) and told me that I had plenty of time to decide.

We were at Disney earlier this year and had the dining & room plan without park tickets. (We had purchased our park tickets elsewhere), so I know it can be done. We made our room reservation and dining plan online once we knew we would be traveling. I don't know have many days ahead of time you can add the dining if you change your mind.

Hmmm. I am AP and just tried to add DDP to my room only package and the CM said I had to originally book as a "ticketless package"---is this correct or did I just get an unhelpful CM?

Hmmm. I am AP and just tried to add DDP to my room only package and the CM said I had to originally book as a "ticketless package"---is this correct or did I just get an unhelpful CM?

You don't have to originally books that way, but when you add the DDP, it does become a ticketless package. Call back and tell them you want to make your room only a ticketless package with the DDP.

UPDATE: I called the group number because the majority of my reservation was on the Dapper Day rate (love Dapper Day--need to plan a cute outfit). That CM told me I could add the dining plan to that reservation no problem which was done in 5 minutes. I then asked about the one night I am staying prior to the main reservation (at Pop-on a passholder discount)--she had to transfer me to someone else who was so nice and positive--they had to contact guest services and it took a few minutes but they got it done. So my advice for anyone (like others have said) is if you are told "no" try again--it IS do-able if you have the right CM. So the first CM was wrong--it's not a simple matter of adding it but it can be done. Everything done, paid for and already on MDE showing DDP added.

The CM is correct. Dining Plans are available ONLY as part of a package.
The first CM was WRONG.

Because the second CM was totally able to add the DDP to my ROOM ONLY reservation (since I have an AP)--I didn't have to book it ORIGINALLY as a ticketless package--by adding DDP it becomes a ticketless package. The first just didn't want to be bothered. I'm sure most people don't question her.

The first CM was correct. You CAN'T "add a Dining Plan to the room-only reservation" you had. The room-only reservation must be cancelled, and a new, ticketless package booked instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts