Adding dining to discounted room only

MinnieMSue

DIS Veteran
we have AP. If we decide dining plan will save money (considering new price increases) can we add it to a discounted room and still keep the discount. Also, I assume that changes it to a package with money due 30 days ahead of arrival or whatever that date is now. We have not done dining plan in forever and also not booked a package in years. Just want to know this before I bother doing all the math to see what will work in our favor.

I added the DxDP to a discounted room rate, no problem. I believe you may have to call to add it, as AP holders. And yes, the package balance was due 30 days before check in.

Yes, you can add dining. You will pay full price for the plan. You will have to call. It does change to package rules for payment.

The fun added bonus about booking a package, you get luggage tags. As silly as that is, they are cute and I've been quite bummed that there's no other way to get them. I booked a 1 night package just to get a couple last year.

I added the DxDP to a discounted room rate, no problem. I believe you may have to call to add it, as AP holders. And yes, the package balance was due 30 days before check in.
Yes, you can add dining. You will pay full price for the plan. You will have to call. It does change to package rules for payment.
AP holders can actually add it online, as long as the stay is booked with an AP rate promo. No one else can add it online, to a room only discount. They have to call.

AP%20dining.jpg

Last edited:

The fun added bonus about booking a package, you get luggage tags. As silly as that is, they are cute and I've been quite bummed that there's no other way to get them. I booked a 1 night package just to get a couple last year.

AP holders can actually add it online, as long as the stay is booked with an AP rate promo. No one else can add it online, to a room only discount. They have to call.

AP%20dining.jpg

I had no idea you could do that!

I had no idea you could do that!
Many don't apparently. It's been there a long time, I used it for a stay in May 2016 but it was there prior to that too
Sort of makes it easy to see the bottom line total. I know you can figure it manually, so to speak, but I can analyze better when I see it on the screen for myself.

What new price increases are you considering? Just starting to plan again after many years.
I believe OP is referring to the food price increases. Would they make the dining plan something to consider, at least until the dining plan prices are increased? They are sit for now so even with food price increases the plan costs won't change. Which could make the plan more valuable. Though right now the increases seem to be mostly snacks so if you don't buy those, then the increases won't impact you anyway.

What new price increases are you considering? Just starting to plan again after many years.

Yes the food prices are going up on many things - I even noticed some table service price increases. I still would lose money if I got the dining plan even factoring in price increases. So I believe that is still out for us. We just don’t eat that much food and we are big eaters. We are cutting out a character breakfast to keep price similar to pre price increase. I think we probably will eat at one table service most days and get kids meals or share an adult meal at the quick service places. That will allow more snack foods if desired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter