Adding DP to an UT room-only booking?

Herding_Cats

DIS Veteran
Can you call and add a dining plan when you have booked your room through a 3rd party service such as UT or Priceline/Hotwire?

Got this part figured out. Must use the phone. *sigh*
DH and I are working out the details of a trip. We are staying for 3 nights, and we are staying at AKL for the 3rd night. We are planning on staying at one of the values for the other 2 nights since they are on either side of our park day....planning on a 1-day hopper with AK w/emh in the morning and Epcot in the afternoon (and our flight doesn't land until a little after 7pm on the first night) so it doesn't make sense to us to pay for the more expensive room/accommodations. HOWEVER. A one-day ticket is not an option for booking online to make a room into a package. AND we are considering adding the QSDP to our reservation so we don't have to deal with paying oop until the last 12 hours or so of our trip.

Do I have to book everything separately in this case? Book the first 2 nights. Buy the tickets. Call to add dining? Or can you NOT add dining unless you are doing 2 park days?

Last edited:
Can you call and add a dining plan when you have booked your room through a 3rd party service such as UT or Priceline/Hotwire?

Probably not. Technically, that 3rd party "owns" your reservation. If you have a way to contact them and ask, it's worth a call. If you have time to wait on Disney's line, you can try calling them, but I'm fairly certain they won't even see your reservation through their system and won't be able to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!