Adding family to Disneyland App, what am I missing?

AussieCaribou

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I am a bit confused. I have never used the Disneyland App before. How do I link my account to my husbands so that we can plan together?

I’ve read that I should go to the friends and family section on my account and add them there but I don’t seem to be able to find that section.

Thanks

One easy way to get around that is to have both of you signed in to your account. You both can be signed in to the same account on two phones. When I would link reservations to DH's account, they wouldn't always show up. Trying to get that fixed was more trouble than it was worth. So now we just log in to my account. Less hassle that way.

It's not like MDE, you don't link friends and family for the DL app.

You can scan each other's tickets into the app so that one of you can make Fastpass/Maxpass reservations for everyone, but when it comes to dining, Disneyland doesn't ask the names of the dining party or link them to anyone else's app. Only the person who made the reservation will be able to see it. Same with photopass. Each ticket has a unique PP code so if you both want to see photos, hand the photographer both tickets to scan.

For MP planning -- follow the info above.
For dining reservations: if it is important for someone else in your group to have the dining confirmation information on their phone (e.g. someone else without a current room key needs to enter through the front of the GCH) -- and you don't want to have them logged in to your account, it's easier to send them the copies of the confirmation emails. They can show those to the CMs at the front of the hotel, if needed. Same with dining package info, if others will be checking in separately. As long as they have a copy of the confirmation email, they should be fine.

Thank you all so much. I feel much better now and know that I’m not just missing something easy.

So I am going early Feb with my Son and my granddaughter (5 years old). I bought the passes and they are on my app. My son has his own account and app. I also was looking for a way to link it. So reading above - Do I have him open his app and scan his and his daughters tickets (which are only digital and on my phone) from my phone? Or do we wait until we are at the park and get a paper ticket? Or should I just have him log out of his account and log into mine the whole time we are there? There will be times when he is with his daughter and I will be doing other stuff, so I need him to be able to get in and out and use FP etc. without having me and my phone with him. ????? Thanks.

So I am going early Feb with my Son and my granddaughter (5 years old). I bought the passes and they are on my app. My son has his own account and app. I also was looking for a way to link it. So reading above - Do I have him open his app and scan his and his daughters tickets (which are only digital and on my phone) from my phone? Or do we wait until we are at the park and get a paper ticket? Or should I just have him log out of his account and log into mine the whole time we are there? There will be times when he is with his daughter and I will be doing other stuff, so I need him to be able to get in and out and use FP etc. without having me and my phone with him. ????? Thanks.
I’ve only tried it on my devices. I had a phone and tablet. I only scanned with my phone but was logged in on my tablet and they showed up. I believe it should be possible to scan tickets to multiple apps logged in with different Disney accounts.

Some of the FP machines have a narrow slot that will only accept paper tickets or AP cards. Most seem to be wider ones that accept a large phone but not a tablet.

The app is pretty good. I even added a day and the tickets were updated automatically on my app. I did need to retake the photo at the entrance, so their systems aren’t completely linked up.

Thanks. I do love MaxPass. Used it Sept 18 on my visit (me only trip) and it was sooooo much better than the system in Florida! I love not having to try months out to imagine what I want to ride- and when!

I will try scanning the tickets with his phone today. Can't wait to take my granddaughter. I so remember the look on my boy's faces when I took them the first time when they were kids - gonna be so fun!

Sorry to hijack your thread. If I buy tickets from Disney.com will they show up in my app. That would be so nice instead of the paper voucher.

Sorry to hijack your thread. If I buy tickets from Disney.com will they show up in my app. That would be so nice instead of the paper voucher.

They do show up in the app, but it's also easy to scan tickets into the app.

If you don't buy directly through Disney: Depending on where/how you buy you may end up with a voucher that you exchange at the window or an eTicket that you take straight to the gate. I've been able to scan my "straight to the gate" eTickets into the app before our trip with no problem at all. We always bring a printout as backup, but we haven't needed them. Just be sure to check which you're getting.

There are some good deals out there, so it's worth shopping around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter