Adding Free Dining After Booking

JenniJ

Mouseketeer
Hello,

If we book now for next year and free dining promotion comes out, can I add you that to my reservation? What if I book with a room discount and want to change to free dining after booking, can that be done?

Thank you so much in advance,
Jenni

Having a room already booked does not give any kind of an advantage when free dining comes out. It would not be "added" to an existing reservation. Free Dining is a special promotion with its own allocation of rooms so when it is released you would have to book a new reservation under the FD promo and cancel the room you already have. The same applies when booking a room with a discount.

If you want to book a room now, book what you are happy with and will keep whether a FD promo comes out or not. If you won't go without FD or another promo, there's no point in booking a room now.

Thank you very much.

Years ago you could "apply" the discount to an existing reservation. You cannot do so any longer, so having a reservation in place is not an advantage unless you need those dates at that resort no matter the discount or lack thereof. I find it more of a problem to be honest. I had rooms booked at the BC because we were going those dates, set in stone. FD was in the works and I heard that resort was not included. It is not fun to make a change from a resort you really wanted to stay at to one you are less enthused about. I could not pass over teh amount of money we would save by changing resorts, but I wish we had not been as invested in our first choice and that we had not solidified it by booking.

Years ago you could "apply" the discount to an existing reservation. You cannot do so any longer, so having a reservation in place is not an advantage unless you need those dates at that resort no matter the discount or lack thereof. I find it more of a problem to be honest. I had rooms booked at the BC because we were going those dates, set in stone. FD was in the works and I heard that resort was not included. It is not fun to make a change from a resort you really wanted to stay at to one you are less enthused about. I could not pass over teh amount of money we would save by changing resorts, but I wish we had not been as invested in our first choice and that we had not solidified it by booking.

That is the same thing I was thinking. We have a few reports on our list to stay and BC is top. So I hope when FD comes out again, i can get it for that resort. But thankfully there are other we want to stay at just as much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!