Adding half board to room only booking?

jothp

Going to wash my car in honour of the mouse.
Hi does anyone know if it is possible to add the half board vouchers to a room only booking through disney?

I've been doing some maths and the Euro cost of the vouchers comes up at about E164.90 for the 5 of us.

We are thinking of eating in inventions and Auberge.
Inventions with our AP discount would cost E164.79 + drinks so the vouchers which include a drink work out cheaper.
Auberge with AP discount would cost E190.80 so the vouchers are much cheaper here.

I reckon that by the time we had bought 5 drinks at inventions at about E4.50 each the vouchers would save us nearly E50 which seems really surprising when I am not even comparing the voucher price to the full cost of the meals.

you went the AP room only route didn't you? I'd imagine, because you have already listed all the occupants in the room with your booking, you may be able to add half board to your booking. Certainly nothing wrong with phoning them to find out :).

(But blimey those restaurants are expensive!)

I can't see there being a problem with it being a room only - you have still got a booking with them.

I'd phone the french number though if i were you.... in my opinion they seem to be alot better at giving you what you want! 0844 200 90 90 followed by 00 33 1 60 30 60 53 number. (0.5p min from bt phone)

oops, I meant to add to my earlier post - I'm pretty sure children's set menu/buffet meals include a soft drink anyway, regardless of how you pay for them (vouchers, cash etc) - and your AP discount comes off the whole bill in restaurants (ie food and drinks combined).

I need to look into this more when I have the energy (lol).

Don't forget your AP entitles you to a free aperitif with every sit down/waiter service meal. I'm not sure how many APs you have though? As we've now gone for 4 APs, we all get a drink (not sure what it is mind you - probably tap water) ha ha!

Thanks guys, I will phone them if we decide it is definately worth it and I will make a note of that French number too Strawberry Blush although the UK booking line were great both times my husband phoned about our booking.:goodvibes

DLP DAFT - you are right I forgot to take the annual pass discount off the drinks costs. If drinks are included for kids and using the AP discount for drinks for hubby and I would take the savings down to just over E30.

DLP DREAMS - I didn't know about the aperitif, tell me more, do you get a choice? We all have APs as we stayed offsite last year.

Looks like the exchange rate is going back up again slightly today. :goodvibes but reckon exchange rate would have to go all the way up to 1.26 before paying cash would be better than the vouchers.

The aperitif is for Dream APs only. I don't know anything about it as we are new AP holders :confused3. It's just listed as a benefit of being an AP holder.

If anyone can shine any light on this it would be great....

Like how do you get it (do you need to show your AP at the beginning of the meal, presume so to get it then!)?

What it is - like I say it could be tap water for all I know :rotfl:

Do most waiters remember about it or do you have to remind them - I'd feel :blush: about asking!

Joth - sorry to hijack your thread :rolleyes:

feel free to hijack, I would love to know the answers to these questions too. :goodvibes

When you get seated at the table just show your APs and ask if you may have your complimentary drinks. I always used to have everybody's ready to flash but they usually only looked closely at DH's or mine. We haven't held APs for quite a few years so things may have changed but the aperitif used to be a choice of kir, apple juice or orange juice. Sometimes a kind CM would let my girls have a complimentary coke or lemonade in place of the orange/apple juice but they weren't really meant to. No harm in asking though. ;) The kir is really nice, my DH used to find it a bit sweet so I used to have his as well :rotfl2:
The only thing is if you're a shareholder you can't use your AP for the complimentary drinks then benefit from the 15% shareholder discount. You used to be able to but for the last few years it's been one or the other.

Prob best if I start a new thread then as I doubt anyone will see it here as it digresses from the title a wee bit.... :lmao: Shall do so now ;)

Thanks Elaine, that sounds great. We are not shareholders yet, I have thought about it but decided that the extra 5% discount on meals over our APs isn't worth the cost at the moment. I think when we don't have the APs anymore we will buy shares instead:goodvibes

Thanks Elaine :thumbsup2 I don't need to start another post now!

I love Kir and my girls love OJ (even fresh as opposed to dilute!) so it's a winner if it's still that choice for us :goodvibes. That will save us a few pennies to start with :lmao:

The Dreams AP apéro is no longer alcoholic :sad2: It changed last year in April to a soft .
It was going to be done away with all together and then they changed their minds and kept it.
Might all change again like this April so wait and see ;)

thanks Carrie Cat, not too worried about the alcohol as neither hubby or I are big drinkers.

Does anybody know if we can use our APs to get a free drink even if we are paying for the meal with vouchers?

It will be just my luck that they do away with it in April then :headache:.... Watch this space....!

It will be just my luck that they do away with it in April then :headache:.... Watch this space....!

Every year something goes or decreases and the price goes up :sad2:

As they are fond of saying - the only thing that is garanteed with your AP is the entry to the park, the rest are all "optional" and can be modified and or suppressed at will :goodvibes

At the risk of sounding like a broken record :-)rotfl2:), I think it depends on the CM you get. I'm presuming there is nothing to stop you showing your AP at the beginning of the meal, getting your drinks, then paying with vouchers. When we had vouchers I always told the CM that I had them at the beginning of the meal so that they know but I don't think you *have* to....

I think that the usual thing they expect is, that if you are getting an aperitif with your AP, then you are paying for the meal in cash with AP discount.

But, as Elaine says, try it once and see what happens ;)

Are you definitely going with vouchers then? I still can't decide, don't think it is worth it for us though as for eg in Cafe Mickey, the girls would just share a pizza and side so it doesn't seem worth paying for vouchers. DD2 isn't a great eater. But, we definitely want to eat at Inventions & Auberge so I need to work out the cost - premium just not worth it, but plus or something might be, and we can just pay the extra (trying to avoid it at the mo!)... Hmmm, just wondering if we can pay the extra including our AP discount?

Are you definitely going with vouchers then? I still can't decide, don't think it is worth it for us though as for eg in Cafe Mickey, the girls would just share a pizza and side so it doesn't seem worth paying for vouchers. DD2 isn't a great eater. But, we definitely want to eat at Inventions & Auberge so I need to work out the cost - premium just not worth it, but plus or something might be, and we can just pay the extra (trying to avoid it at the mo!)... Hmmm, just wondering if we can pay the extra including our AP discount?

Probably if they will let us add the vouchers to our booking. Will probably leave it a while before we phone to ask though. For us to eat in inventions and Auberge the vouchers definately work out a better deal. We know we would like to eat in these places and have the benefit of only having to buy 2 nights worth of vouchers. If we had to buy more I don't think we would bother to be honest because there aren't enough other places we would want to eat that would cost us that much. I guess all you can do is cost up all the meals you think you would like to eat and then work out the total - AP discount and compare it to the cost of vouchers.

It's worth trying - they can only say no!

As you say we won't loose anything by trying :goodvibes

Aha, yes, we go for 5 nights this trip so I don't think it would work out (I think DH would get bored with doing Auberge, Inventions, Auberge, Inventions). I'd like to do California Grill/Manhattan Restaurant etc but not with the girls as they aren't keen on nouvelle cuisine ;) and it doesn't seem a kiddie restaurant!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter