Adding More People to Lunch BOG reservation

Nevada Jen

DIS Veteran
I made a reservation for 2 people for lunch at BOG. Two more people are joining us. I can't get a reservation for 4 or another one for 2. THe phone reservations lady says she is "100% sure" that if we pre order all 4 of us will be able to eat there if we only have a reservation for 2. I am reading conflicting information on this. Anyone know if this is true?

She is right- We had a reservation for 2 people at 1 pm and then a reservation for 3 people at 1:10 pm and we showed up and checked in together .; We all went in together and ordered and sat together. You pick your own table there at lunch and breakfast. This was January 2019. You should be fine :)

She is right- We had a reservation for 2 people at 1 pm and then a reservation for 3 people at 1:10 pm and we showed up and checked in together .; We all went in together and ordered and sat together. You pick your own table there at lunch and breakfast. This was January 2019. You should be fine :)
But you had reservations for all of your people. It sounds like OP has a reservation for only 2 and is being told it's okay to show up with 4 even though the additional 2 have no reservation. Unless I'm misreading this . . .

^^^^ you are right - I didnt read carefully enough. I would try to get an additional reservation for the other 2 people in the same time frame. A reservation for 2 may be easier to get than upgrading the reservation to 4 ....

marikujawa, You are reading it correct. I am obviously trying to get a reservation for 4 or another one for 2 people close in time but in case that doesn't happen, I want to know for sure that if I pre-order food for the other 2, they will be able to get in and eat it.

marikujawa, You are reading it correct. I am obviously trying to get a reservation for 4 or another one for 2 people close in time but in case that doesn't happen, I want to know for sure that if I pre-order food for the other 2, they will be able to get in and eat it.

Without an ADR there is no guarantee that your friends will be admitted, order or no.
BOG is one of those restaurants that is always busy, so no way to know in advance if there will be availability for walk in guests.

I would be surprised the other 2 would be treated any different than any other walk up person. They do not have an ADR, so they most likely will end up in the standby line.
Now if they can get an ADR for 2 at any time close to yours, sitting together is easy as you find your own seat at lunch.

I can't believe a reservation CM told you they were 100% sure of something that is absolutely not true. Ordering 4 meals for 2 people could mean you're just really hungry or you couldn't decide what you wanted, so you decided to try all of them. People often order for more or less than those on the reservation.

You can always try to do this if no reservations open up, but be prepared to be told that only 2 of you can go in. You CAN adjust your order once you're at the kiosk if they don't let them in.

THanks for the quick replies! I thought it sounded wrong! Hopefully something will open up. I'm not willing to let my chance to eat there go. I have been trying to get this reservation to work in my trip since the it opened!

I suggest setting up a reservation finder request through touring plans. It’s free though when I did it it takes a little bit of searching through the site to figure out how to create the free version of an account. Either that or follow the canceled adr thread for whatever month you are going. You should be able to find something through one of those sources if you stay on top of things. Otherwise cancel the reservation or be prepared to eat breakfast separately. Without a reservation there’s a good chance they won’t let your friends in. The number of meals you order is totally irrelevant and the people checking you in don’t even know that you ordered 4 meals, your order is confirmed once inside the castle, so I don’t see how that would make a difference.

Also try looking for just 1 person reservation. You can have two of those close in time for everyone to get in. I’ve found 1 is easiest to find. Make sure that if you’re the one searching you are not on the original reservation or it’ll say you have to cancel. If you are the lead use someone else’s MDE to book these.

Keep checking for a table to open up (either just the 2 or all 4 of you). I've been able to get lunch at BOG the day of and the day before.

THanks for the quick replies! I thought it sounded wrong! Hopefully something will open up. I'm not willing to let my chance to eat there go. I have been trying to get this reservation to work in my trip since the it opened!

On touring plans there's an ADR finder, you get 2 free searches. use 1 search for all 4; then another for 2. With persistence, you should be able to find an ADR. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter