Adding on an adult as 5th person...

Matt961

Mouseketeer
We have our trip booked for Jan 31-feb6 at ASsp and are wanting to add my mom to the trip. She was just able to get off work and we didn’t book her because we weren’t sure. So now all rooms are of course booked at AS. So she was talking about staying off site, but I’m unsure of the best off site to stay that also has shuttles to the parks. We also thought of upgrading to POR but didn’t know if that would be too cramped for 3 adults and 2 kids(13,8). Any recommendations?

We did POR with that setup, though our kids were a bit younger. My mom shared a bed with my oldest and the youngest had the fold down bed. It was a bit tight for space but really totally manageable and saved us money over 2 value rooms.

As you get closer to new years some rooms might come up as they always do at the 30 day mark...
We had 5 in the family suite at all star music we really wanted the cars suite at AOA but it was unavailable but it really worked out.

The only issue I can see with her being offsite is that you can not book fastpass + at the same time. Offsite 30days On 60 days. Of course, she wouldn't be eligible for the extra magic hours either. I would just keep checking for a value to open up.

The only issue I can see with her being offsite is that you can not book fastpass + at the same time. Offsite 30days On 60 days. Of course, she wouldn't be eligible for the extra magic hours either. I would just keep checking for a value to open up.

This is incorrect information. As long as OP and mom are linked in Friends and Family, OP is staying at a WDW resort (or other qualifying resort) and mom has valid ticket media linked to her profile, OP can book her mom's FP+ for her at 60 days. Mom doesn't have to be listed on a WDW reservation, just linked to someone who is.

OP, POR will be tight, but possibly doable depending on your family's comfort level. Perhaps check if any of the family suites at AoA or ASMu are available? Or keep checking for a regular value room to open up.

It will be tight, that's for sure, but I think that it can be doing if you are used to traveling together and sharing space. This is a big "if" IMO. We travel as extended family, and will often share space, however so far not so many in a moderate room. It takes very good organization, and a lot of consideration for all of you, so schedule matter. For instance, I usually like to go outdoors and read or have coffee while some family members are getting ready to leave. We do not use to room to hang around in, but will head out to the lobby, grounds, etc.

Clutter can build up if there is not a way to put everything away daily.

If you can manage all of this, I woudl add Mom and if a room opens you can book it and make the change. If not you knwo you all are set.

Thanks everyone. Luckily found a room for her at POP. She’s not at ASsp with us for now, but I will continue to try to modify the reservation to ASsp until the deadline. Didn’t know if one room would work for all of us.

Thanks everyone. Luckily found a room for her at POP. She’s not at ASsp with us for now, but I will continue to try to modify the reservation to ASsp until the deadline. Didn’t know if one room would work for all of us.
Glad you found her a room at Pop. What is it that you're trying to modify on your Sports reservation? To my knowledge, all rooms at Sports have a max capacity of 4 people so one room at Sports wouldn't work. Unless you mean you're trying to find her a room of her own at Sports?

I'd also add that POR with 5 of you would be very tight. There's little storage space and then either you or the 13 year old would need to share a bed with her. The 8 year old is likely the only one who will fit on the 5th sleeping surface (murphy bed). Plus the one bathroom makes getting ready time consuming in the morning.

Glad you found her a room at Pop. What is it that you're trying to modify on your Sports reservation? To my knowledge, all rooms at Sports have a max capacity of 4 people so one room at Sports wouldn't work. Unless you mean you're trying to find her a room of her own at Sports?

I'd also add that POR with 5 of you would be very tight. There's little storage space and then either you or the 13 year old would need to share a bed with her. The 8 year old is likely the only one who will fit on the 5th sleeping surface (murphy bed). Plus the one bathroom makes getting ready time consuming in the morning.

Thanks for the info. I’m just trying to change her POP to her own room at Sports.

Thanks for the info. I’m just trying to change her POP to her own room at Sports.

Or perhaps you could change your room to another at POP? Or even a LM room at AoA, which is just a short walk across the bridge to POP.

Or perhaps you could change your room to another at POP? Or even a LM room at AoA, which is just a short walk across the bridge to POP.
Sometimes you have one of those DUH moments. This was mine haha. Don’t know why I didn’t even consider doing it backwards like that. I’ll now check both ways to see if either opens open up. Thanks for thinking of that.

Sometimes you have one of those DUH moments. This was mine haha. Don’t know why I didn’t even consider doing it backwards like that. I’ll now check both ways to see if either opens open up. Thanks for thinking of that.

LOL! Yes, I hesitated at first, but then that is why I mentioned it. It would be just like me to get so focused on the sports room that I completely forget the other way around!

Also, in line with the LM room and POP, some of the ASMu rooms are very close to some ASSp rooms. It would possibly put you just across a parking lot from one another - could be almost as close together s some at the same resort. So you could look for a room for your Mom over there as well. Just another possibility that would get you all closer.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!