Adding on at a different resort

Bexx

DIS Veteran
This is something I've been thinking about in the unlikely event that I am able to add on some points. Much as I would like to get more points at my home resort of OKW, it is more likely that I will have to buy them at the latest resort on offer. But will a mixture of points cause problems when trying to book through the Disney/Concierge collection, or more likely, when booking a World Passport holiday, or can the points be clumped together if I not trying to book a DVC resort?

I would like to get 40 points, but is that a fairly "pointless" amount to buy in another resort. Or would I be better trying to get more at OKW for a small add on like that.

Becky

When I added on recently we were adding only 25 points and decided to stick with our home resort because the add-on was so small.

With 25 points, if we'd added at a different resort, even with banking and borrowing we would have had a maximum of 75 points with an 11 month Home resort booking advantage - not really enough to make a different resort 'worthwhile'. If you went for 40 points that would give you a maximum of 120 points with the 11 month window - would that be enough to be of much help?

As for combining points from different resorts for trading, I don't think it would make much difference, but I may be missing a vital point there. If you want to combine them for DVC resorts, you'd be limited to the 7 month window.

I have read recent reports of people getting small add-ons at OKW now and again - you can be put on a waiting list for OKW points with Disney. Resales are the other way to go, but you wouldn't be able to pick and choose the number of points as easily.

Good luck:)

For the record, I emailed MS and they said that for any bookings outside of the Vacation Club having a mix of points doesn't matter. They will just clump them together if needed or you can choose which contract you use.

Becky

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!