Adding on

crabbie1

DIS Veteran
I am very keen to do an add on and would love to buy at either AKL or the poly( as hoping ready next november ). How does add on work ? I have a contract already at VWL .What is the minimum points allowed to add on? How does it work if we have two separate resorts with different end contract dates. I would be doing it direct with Disney as loan is with them.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

If you do an add-on through Disney and have the same UY, you would have essentially two ownerships but would appear/act as just one contract (meaning you could sell each independently in the future, if needed). The minimum amount of add-on points is 50 if you are financing it, 25 if paying cash.

You can't finance from the UK through .disney though you actually have to be in Orlando to organize the finance. They are not allowed to finance by distance.

If you add on through Disney you will have 2 contracts under one membership.

At the 11 month window they can only be used for the home resort they belong to but at the 7 month window they can all be combined.

We added on after our initial purchase but they are all BLT points. However we now have 6 contracts under our one membership. We broke our add on into smaller chunks incase we wanted/needed to sell just some points.

If you do an add-on through Disney and have the same UY, you would have essentially two ownerships but would appear/act as just one contract (meaning you could sell each independently in the future, if needed). The minimum amount of add-on points is 50 if you are financing it, 25 if paying cash.

The same use year?? Sorry im still trying to understand the dvc jargon :). My use year is june on the VWL contract and we bought in the november. How will I know what the use year will be if I bought somewhere else? We will be going in november /dec next year.
I dnt know whether to just buy more at VWL and risk trying for the poly at 7 months. A long time to think about things

The same use year?? Sorry im still trying to understand the dvc jargon :). My use year is june on the VWL contract and we bought in the november. How will I know what the use year will be if I bought somewhere else? We will be going in november /dec next year.
I dnt know whether to just buy more at VWL and risk trying for the poly at 7 months. A long time to think about things

If you buy from Disney they will automatically sell you the same use year as you already have.

When you buy has nothing to do with use year only which points you get allocated when you buy.

If you look at resales they always list the use year.

If you buy from Disney they will automatically sell you the same use year as you already have.

When you buy has nothing to do with use year only which points you get allocated when you buy.

If you look at resales they always list the use year.

You can request a different use year, it's not automatically the same, we have March and June use years on two different contracts.

Hi

Hope your all well?

If you purchased in November at say the Poly you could start your use year from then and your dues will start then, or if take the same use year as your VWL contract your points wont kick in until the following June.
When we purchased our BLT contract we wanted to use the points so had it start in June rather than wait until March, plus we had the free developers points too they were offering.
I would imagine it's going to be pretty hard to get ressies at the Poly at the 7 month window.

We're probably going to seriously consider adding on here.

Only joking. X im waiting to book WLV for our dec 2014 trip but hope to get a 1 or 2 night stay at the GFV at 7 months. Beginning of december will probably have no hope lol

Only joking. X im waiting to book WLV for our dec 2014 trip but hope to get a 1 or 2 night stay at the GFV at 7 months. Beginning of december will probably have no hope lol

You should be lucky as long as its to close to thanksgiving, we've never had a problem the first few weeks in December, plus the crowds are pretty good. I did have a look last week at gf availability and there were odd nights for most weeks I checked.

I haven't been on here in months as I've had a ton of things going on plus were having a year off next year! We only found out about the poly cause Steve saw it on Facebook!! How out of touch am I. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!