Adding Park Passes to room key at Check-in?

TerriBelle

DIS Veteran
I have heard that you can combine Park Passes with your room key and only have one card to carry. Has anyone tried this? I don't want a LOS, I want the Park Hopper type. If I don't use all the days how does this work?

Another question I have is how difficult is it to pay for the Passes as three separate purchases. We have three different "families" staying in a GV so we each would want to pay. Also, does everyone in the room need to buy the same passes?

Thanks for any help.

You can definitely have Park Hopper passes on your room key. If you don't use all the days, the card can still be used later as a normal pass. It just doesn't work as a room key after your check-out.

We had no problem paying for the passes in more than one transaction. They just applied it all to the room bill then each person can make a payment against the room bill with their own credit card.

We also had no problem getting different passes for different people in our party. We had 4 LOS passes for 6 days/5 nights, 2 LOS passes for 5 days/4 nights and 2 4 day Hopper passes.

What would really be great, but they can't do yet, is a way to temporarily encode your AP to your room key. I envision a system that would let them read your AP, encode it on your room key with an end date and have your AP disabled during that time period. At the expiration date, the AP is usable again and the room key is not. Not a high priority for them, I Think, but it would be cool.

Galahad, I was just going to make that suggestion too! I would suspect a large majority of DVC members use APs since that is the most economical for stays of 8 days or more. I would be all in favor of it being on the room key! Last trip, we had to go back home to retrieve our APs! DS asked if we had them, and we didn't! Of course, the room key would not have helped that situation either!

dianeschlicht- (and everyone else)

One time my brother-in-law left his families ap's at the room. He didn't notice until we had gotton all the way to the gate. The CM was AWESOME- she noticed the commotion and I guess heard what was going on. She said- some on over to my gate- she had a pile of comp one day passes in her pocket and gave one to each of them- a little bit of the 'magic'. Saved us the hike back to the room for the passes.

Not sure what the policy or rule or whatever is, but if your almost to the gate and realize it - maybe they will do the same again- saving the hike back to the room.

(judging by the WAD of passes the CM had on hand- it must happen regularly.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter