Adding people to Contract!

DisneyNurse19

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I have decided to add both of my Children to my Contract. Has anyone done this and did you have any problems? :confused3

Hi,
I have decided to add both of my Children to my Contract. Has anyone done this and did you have any problems? :confused3

Are you looking to add your children as associate members so they can make their own reservation in the future or do you want to add them to the contract as equal owners?

Our son's name was added as an associate when we purchased and at the moment we can't see any benefit to add him as an equal owner, would be interested to read any positive reasons to add him as an owner from other UK members.

And if not already read, check out these three threads on the DisBoards, some replies might be specific to US residents....hope they're helpful...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993645
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1799132
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1523393

On the DVC web site there is a page where you can add or delete an Associate, log on and under My Membership click on My Profile and under 'Individuals on Membership' click on 'Add an Associate to this Membership' where you taken to.....

Add Associate
On this page, you can add an Associate to a specific Membership. In the first section, you can view your Member ID Number, Member Type and Contracts associated with this Membership.

In the second section, enter the personal information of the new Associate. You must read and accept the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of the page in order process your request.

It may take up to two (2) business days to process this request.
Questions about adding an Associate? Please read Understanding Your Profile or contact Member Services.

Best of luck.....

Thank you for your reply :thumbsup2
I am looking at adding them as equal owners and not Associate members.

They are old enough now to understand what this means (i have told them that under no circumstances can they use points without my knowledge) and i just thought that it would be easier in the long run if anything should happen to me and also if i can't go sometimes they would be able to have all of the same perks as me. We are quite new members and i should have done it when we bought into DVC but all the paper work had been done and i didn't want to be a nuisance :scratchin
It was interesting reading all the threads but as someone said, anything can happen and we shouldn't sit worrying about what might happen.

I hope i don't need much luck but we shall see :)

Give Member Administration a call and they should be able to sort it all out with you :goodvibes

Hi. What happened, was it easy and what was the cost? I am looking at doing the same thing from here in the uk.

Hi. What happened, was it easy and what was the cost? I am looking at doing the same thing from here in the uk.

On Thursday i finally sent off the last of the papers :cool1:

After phoning the DVC up they put me into contact with Vista Title Agency. The fee was $475 which includes preparation of the deed, title insurance, all recording fees and Fed Ex. and then i had to get my signature witnessed by a Notary in the UK which cost £85. It was a very easy process but was delayed by having to wait for my daughter to return home to sign the forms and provide a copy of her passport (she is a YAC on the Disney Magic and she does not have access to her passport while on board).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter